Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So Darth Traya is...

QuiDonJorn
03.30.2013 , 07:40 AM | #21
Waitaminute, what?
The Entity is not Kreia, why are you even talking about Kreia???

Beniboybling
03.30.2013 , 07:41 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Joluka View Post
That's the thing, everybody, NO ONE KNOWS what the Emperor is up to except the Jedi Council, Scourge, Revan, and the Jedi Knight! If Darth Traya knew about the Emperor's plan she would plot against him. Her far seeing abilities would not be able to see through the Emperor's future, I can assure you that. The point is, no one knows about his crazy plan and she loves him because he had the ability to eradicate the force. Keep this in mind, she hated the force more than anything, if she truly wanted it gone, then she wouldn't have minded the destruction of ONE planet.
If Traya doesn't know of the Emperor's plans how does she know of Nathema?

Beniboybling
03.30.2013 , 07:41 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by QuiDonJorn View Post
Waitaminute, what?
The Entity is not Kreia, why are you even talking about Kreia???
Did you read the OP?

QuiDonJorn
03.30.2013 , 07:49 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Did you read the OP?
OH,...heheh. My bad...nevermind.

Selenial
03.30.2013 , 10:23 AM | #25
Can the OP just put the word *SPOILER* in this title cause I ain't using spoiler tags...

Anyway, I'm an wholly against the notion that the Entity is Kreia - mainly because I realise that BioWare are just going to do an epically poor job of portraying her and clearly do not understand her. It seems obvious that they interpreted her as an evil, dark side witch who just wanted revenge on everything, including the Force. And probably believe that for that reason she would become some sort of dark side entity and support the Emperor in his destruction of the universe.

How very wrong they are:

1. Traya as hardly a darksider - in fact you could argue that she was redeemed by the time of her death. She was explicitly clear that to embrace either the light or the dark was to enslave yourself to flawed teachings, and instead encouraged a usage of both. If anything she was grey.

2. Traya wanted to end the Force partly because it controlled people fates, but also because in exerting its will countless lives were lost, she wanted to preserve life. So if she knew of the Emperor's plans to commit genocide on a galactic scale she would hate every bone in his body.
THANK YOU!!!!!!
That's what I've been saying! She wanted the force gone, yes, but she hated the idea of Mass extinction, and thus she would hate the emperors being completely.
This and the fact that the emperor is the strongest Dark Side user at the time, she would think of him as a fool, following the darkness so blindly, with the sole purpose of gaining unimaginable power.

I wonder if the fools at bioware even played Kotor 2. I doubt it, they probably view playing it as blasphemy, I mean, judging from how they have tried to portray kreia, they probability even refused to read the wookiepedia article.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Bleeters
03.30.2013 , 12:15 PM | #26
I'd be a lot happier if Bioware just stayed the heck away from everything to do with KotOR2 in the first place. So far, all they've done is muck it up.

Beniboybling
03.30.2013 , 12:23 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I wonder if the fools at bioware even played Kotor 2. I doubt it, they probably view playing it as blasphemy, I mean, judging from how they have tried to portray kreia, they probability even refused to read the wookiepedia article.
Lol, I think there's likely definitely a rivalry between BioWare and Obsidian, but perhaps not that much.

Still, KOTOR is a very different game to KOTOR 2, its very much traditional while Obsidian attempted to explore more controversial, radical themes - and I'm not convinced BioWare understand that and are properly portraying it in their works. Drew's Revan for example completely bypassed the broken, morally destitute condition of the Jedi and the Republic after the Jedi Civil War which really did have an ominous shadow hanging over it.

And now I feel they are attempting to simplify and categorize Kreia's character, it can't be done BioWare, even Obsidian couldn't do it! Kreia is a work of art, she cannot be contained!

...hopefully this 'entity' will not be explored and we can pretend she is someone else.

Aurbere
03.30.2013 , 12:53 PM | #28

...hopefully this 'entity' will not be explored and we can pretend she is someone else.
We could do that (and I wouldn't have a problem with it), but then a story would have to be formed to explain the identity of 'The Entity'. But whatevs.

I think Bioware should just leave KOTOR 2 alone. So far anything KOTOR 2 in TOR has not been very good.
Added Chapter 40 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Ventessel
03.30.2013 , 04:18 PM | #29
Lol, I think there's likely definitely a rivalry between BioWare and Obsidian, but perhaps not that much.

Still, KOTOR is a very different game to KOTOR 2, its very much traditional while Obsidian attempted to explore more controversial, radical themes - and I'm not convinced BioWare understand that and are properly portraying it in their works. Drew's Revan for example completely bypassed the broken, morally destitute condition of the Jedi and the Republic after the Jedi Civil War which really did have an ominous shadow hanging over it.

And now I feel they are attempting to simplify and categorize Kreia's character, it can't be done BioWare, even Obsidian couldn't do it! Kreia is a work of art, she cannot be contained!

There's definitely a great writing team over at Obsidian, particularly the guys who came over from the now-defunct Black Isle Studios. They create very complex, interesting characters. Sometimes I feel like BioWare hasn't been creating the interesting characters in TOR that I've seen in their other works, such as Mass Effect. I realize that the writing teams are distinct, but the level of quality should be consistent.

Many of the major NPCs in the game can sometimes start to feel cliched. Perhaps its the sheer volume of content in TOR, but after a while it all starts to blur together.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Slowpokeking
03.30.2013 , 05:21 PM | #30
Can the OP just put the word *SPOILER* in this title cause I ain't using spoiler tags...

Anyway, I'm an wholly against the notion that the Entity is Kreia - mainly because I realise that BioWare are just going to do an epically poor job of portraying her and clearly do not understand her. It seems obvious that they interpreted her as an evil, dark side witch who just wanted revenge on everything, including the Force. And probably believe that for that reason she would become some sort of dark side entity and support the Emperor in his destruction of the universe.

How very wrong they are:

1. Traya as hardly a darksider - in fact you could argue that she was redeemed by the time of her death. She was explicitly clear that to embrace either the light or the dark was to enslave yourself to flawed teachings, and instead encouraged a usage of both. If anything she was grey.

2. Traya wanted to end the Force partly because it controlled people fates, but also because in exerting its will countless lives were lost, she wanted to preserve life. So if she knew of the Emperor's plans to commit genocide on a galactic scale she would hate every bone in his body.
But she could be lying when she was released, since she did that a lot in KOTOR2.