Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It feels weird NOT having a saber throw ability

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
It feels weird NOT having a saber throw ability

Felioats
12.21.2011 , 01:15 AM | #1
I keep on being in combat, often when the enemy is low on life and some distance away, and I think "Aaaaand throw the saber! Ha-ha! Oh wait, I can't."

As others have pointed out, this would solve the problem of Sages not using their lightsabers. It also fits into the style and role of the class.

I mean, come on. It's a lightsaber.

http://i.imgur.com/nLnOA.jpg

How can you not use it? How can you design a class that doesn't use it? Who thought that would be more fun?

I'm going to forgive this and say it was the result of a lot of people too close to the project to see the big picture. But take a step back and look at it. Lightsaber, or no lightsaber? What's cooler?

If you're worried about class balance, get creative. You are game designers! Make it a free, weak ranged attack. Replace Disturbance with it. Release it as a new ability in an expansion, when everyone gets new abilities anyway (though I'd rather not have to wait that long). I'm sure you could come up with better ideas than I.

Shlamorel
12.21.2011 , 07:30 AM | #2
I agree that we should get *some* sort of ability that utilizes our saber (even if not a saber throw).

I came up with some ideas to incorporate our sabers in a thread. Would be interested in hearing your ideas too (and/or comments on mine):

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=64591

Khadroth
12.21.2011 , 07:43 AM | #3
Guardians get it. No way they'll let us have it too.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin