Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Guardian & Juggernaut Talents - Patch 2.0 Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Guardian & Juggernaut Talents - Patch 2.0 Changes

blazerSERVE's Avatar


blazerSERVE
03.12.2013 , 10:25 PM | #1
For anyone wondering what is up with the Guardian/Juggernaut Talent Changes in patch 2.0 and what it looks like here's a video I made going over every single talent that changed in each tree. Remember to check out the description in the video for the table of contents to skip to your specific specialization.

NOTE for Empire Players: I go over the Guardian Talents; however the Juggernaut talents are a direct mirror so just replace the Republic terminology with the Empire terminology and you should be good!

Guardian & Juggernaut Talents 2.0: http://youtu.be/fLgtWr8EksU

Thanks for watching!
Spiralpower - Level 50 Jedi Sentinel Watchmen: Server - Prophecy of the Five
Check out ToopowerfulGaming for anything and everything related to SW:TOR the MMO. I also make Walkthrough's and Let's Plays!

Wanchope's Avatar


Wanchope
03.18.2013 , 10:24 AM | #2
Any idea how much they buffed the damage from guardian slash? I know it now does 'high damage', but I'm curious about how much more it is doing now. Anybody have any before / after numbers they can share?

wadecounty's Avatar


wadecounty
03.18.2013 , 03:44 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Wanchope View Post
Any idea how much they buffed the damage from guardian slash? I know it now does 'high damage', but I'm curious about how much more it is doing now. Anybody have any before / after numbers they can share?
I can tell you this, on Live, in tank spec and tank gear, my Blade Storm does something like 1600-1700 damage, and my Guardian Slash does around 1400-1500. In other words, its weaker than Blade Storm, which is pretty pathetic.

On the PTS (keep in mind, all damage will be higher because I'm in Arkanian gear), my Blade Storm does around 1800-1900 damage, and Guardian Slash does around 2700-2800. That is a HUGE improvement. Assuming the high damage marks, on Live its 12% weaker than Blade Storm, and on the PTS its 50% stronger. Its now our highest damage attack, AND it has a high threat modifier attached to it.

Basically, they went and gave Guardian Slash its damage back, let it keep the AOE effect (and increased it to 5 targets at once instead of 3), made it easier to use (sweep = full sunder stacks = AOE ready to go on anything sweep hits), and added a 3% DR buff to yourself when you use it on top of it. Its everything we could ask for now in a top tier ability.

Plus its awesome hitting a pack of normals with it and watching them all fall over

Wanchope's Avatar


Wanchope
03.25.2013 , 08:28 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
I can tell you this, on Live, in tank spec and tank gear, my Blade Storm does something like 1600-1700 damage, and my Guardian Slash does around 1400-1500. In other words, its weaker than Blade Storm, which is pretty pathetic.

On the PTS (keep in mind, all damage will be higher because I'm in Arkanian gear), my Blade Storm does around 1800-1900 damage, and Guardian Slash does around 2700-2800. That is a HUGE improvement. Assuming the high damage marks, on Live its 12% weaker than Blade Storm, and on the PTS its 50% stronger. Its now our highest damage attack, AND it has a high threat modifier attached to it.

Basically, they went and gave Guardian Slash its damage back, let it keep the AOE effect (and increased it to 5 targets at once instead of 3), made it easier to use (sweep = full sunder stacks = AOE ready to go on anything sweep hits), and added a 3% DR buff to yourself when you use it on top of it. Its everything we could ask for now in a top tier ability.

Plus its awesome hitting a pack of normals with it and watching them all fall over
Excellent. Thanks for the post!

SWGEvictee's Avatar


SWGEvictee
03.27.2013 , 02:09 PM | #5
Will the AoE affect of the new Guardian Slash break CCs?

pieceofjunk's Avatar


pieceofjunk
03.27.2013 , 10:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SWGEvictee View Post
Will the AoE affect of the new Guardian Slash break CCs?
It will not, they left that part in.

SWGEvictee's Avatar


SWGEvictee
03.28.2013 , 11:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by pieceofjunk View Post
It will not, they left that part in.
Good news. Thanks.

savoryranch's Avatar


savoryranch
03.28.2013 , 08:40 PM | #8
Is that improved damage on a tank or DPS build? Just started my guardian and wondering which direction I should go.

Wanchope's Avatar


Wanchope
03.29.2013 , 07:20 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by savoryranch View Post
Is that improved damage on a tank or DPS build? Just started my guardian and wondering which direction I should go.
Tank. Guardian slash is the top talent in the tanking tree.