Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

stuffystuffs
03.28.2013 , 06:58 PM | #621
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
For anyone interested in the female on female flirt options on the Republic, I have uploaded the entire Makeb story cutscene if you want to watch. (obvious spoilers). Flirt occurs near end of Part 2 and escalates at end of Part 8.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...EwHlzf87mC_jn3
I want to watch but I shouldn't

Thanks a bunch though!
Node guarder

Mubuka
03.28.2013 , 07:09 PM | #622
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
It was just a thought on the no OGR flirts, one I doubted, but thought of the possibility of it.

In my experience, you can't judge what a person will play based on their gender. I know there are men who will only play men (And if they played a female, they quickly disregarded the character). I know there are men who play women strictly as there are men players who will play both. I know of women who play strictly women characters. I know of women who play male characters only (and not because of "I dont want to be treated as a female gamer or stalked"). And of course women players who play play both sexes on the characters.

This is why when I play a MMO, I always refere to the player by the gender of their avatar I know them by. I never ask for their RL gender (I just don't care), and will only find out if they say something in chat (which isn't always truthful anyways, as I've also seen the come out). I've also seen people refere to player self by the gender of their main and what thusly what the group knows them by (by both gender of players).

Which is likely why you hear the term Many Men Online Role Playing Girls as a way for the male players to feel as if they're protecting themselves. But then, if they didn't think to use a MMO as a dating service, what do they did to protect themself from? And if they're roleplaying, wouldn't it be the character concept that's important and not the player behind it?

My guess, I think BW will play it safe. I think we're going to see an equal number of OGR/SGR flirt options in all directions.
I agree with you about referring to someone as male/female based on their avatar gender. Everyone has their reasons for choosing to play a particular gender and its really not anyone else's business to judge them for that.

Mubuka
03.28.2013 , 07:15 PM | #623
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I want to watch but I shouldn't

Thanks a bunch though!
It doesn't seem any more strange or different than flirting with someone of the opposite gender to me (I am not Gay btw).

stuffystuffs
03.28.2013 , 07:24 PM | #624
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubuka View Post
It doesn't seem any more strange or different than flirting with someone of the opposite gender to me (I am not Gay btw).
I think you misunderstand...I don't want to watch due to spoilers.

I plan on doing this content in game. But at the same time, I'm curious and want to watch it.
Node guarder

Kioma
03.28.2013 , 08:00 PM | #625
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I think you misunderstand...I don't want to watch due to spoilers.

I plan on doing this content in game. But at the same time, I'm curious and want to watch it.
I try and satisfy myself with simply knowing it's there. Sometimes it even works.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Noremacv
03.28.2013 , 08:13 PM | #626
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
For anyone interested in the female on female flirt options on the Republic, I have uploaded the entire Makeb story cutscene if you want to watch. (obvious spoilers). Flirt occurs near end of Part 2 and escalates at end of Part 8.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...EwHlzf87mC_jn3
Spoiler
55 Sith Juggernaut 55 Sith Marauder
55 Sith Assassin 55 Sith Sorcerer
55 Powertech

manchusabre
03.28.2013 , 09:33 PM | #627
So disappointing no SGR with companions especially since this was discussed way before game release.

kellindae
03.29.2013 , 12:29 AM | #628
Wait - so no female/female flirt options for us on empire side? speaking as a lesbian who has been waiting for same gender romance options (and is already really bummed I can't have a relationship with my companions) I'm really ticked. ALL my active characters are empire side and to now be told I either have to level up a republic character or continue to not be able to have any romance options for my characters is unacceptable to me.

1- SGRA with companions will be added after launch
2- Oh, sorry, did we say you would be able to romance your companion? Eh, that was too hard so we'll add a planet where you can flirt with some NPCs of the same gender, that should make you happy
3 - Oh, did you think we would add that option equally to both factions? Nah, that's somehow too much work, so we split it by faction - but in the future we'll try to be more equal; you're mad we told you this two weeks before the expansion?
4 - you should be happy we've given you ANYTHING, we don't owe you anything, it's not like we misled you by telling you we'd give you anything (see 1-3)

Now, I'm NOT saying anyone is bigoted or any of that nonsense. I'm saying I'm sick of being lied to about this. I've spent the last several double xp weekends leveling up empire side characters to be ready for the expansion and now ALL that time is practically wasted since apparently I should have leveled up republic characters if I want to have ANY freaking flirt options. At the VERY least they should have been upfront with us about this llimitation when they TOLD us we were finally getting the SGR flirt options.

stormdrakelord
03.29.2013 , 01:02 AM | #629
Quote: Originally Posted by kellindae View Post
Wait - so no female/female flirt options for us on empire side? speaking as a lesbian who has been waiting for same gender romance options (and is already really bummed I can't have a relationship with my companions) I'm really ticked. ALL my active characters are empire side and to now be told I either have to level up a republic character or continue to not be able to have any romance options for my characters is unacceptable to me.

1- SGRA with companions will be added after launch
2- Oh, sorry, did we say you would be able to romance your companion? Eh, that was too hard so we'll add a planet where you can flirt with some NPCs of the same gender, that should make you happy
3 - Oh, did you think we would add that option equally to both factions? Nah, that's somehow too much work, so we split it by faction - but in the future we'll try to be more equal; you're mad we told you this two weeks before the expansion?
4 - you should be happy we've given you ANYTHING, we don't owe you anything, it's not like we misled you by telling you we'd give you anything (see 1-3)

Now, I'm NOT saying anyone is bigoted or any of that nonsense. I'm saying I'm sick of being lied to about this. I've spent the last several double xp weekends leveling up empire side characters to be ready for the expansion and now ALL that time is practically wasted since apparently I should have leveled up republic characters if I want to have ANY freaking flirt options. At the VERY least they should have been upfront with us about this llimitation when they TOLD us we were finally getting the SGR flirt options.
I know how you feel, but my Agent girl is bi so she can flirt with guys and get away with it. I am actually not romancing anyone on her for reasons of she hates emotional commitment. I even have her head canon as she has smexy times with Kaliyo but without the emotions (they want physical act but no emotions, hence no flirt with her) or drunkenly trying to kiss her at times.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

MozOTheUndercity
03.29.2013 , 06:53 AM | #630
Quote: Originally Posted by kellindae View Post
According to Larry on p60 there are some f/f flirts empire-side, though it remains to be seen how much there is to them.

Personally I'm disappointed there's still nothing with existing companions, but I do have one character who might make use of what's in RotHC so hopefully it's good. I had unsubbed over this a few months ago but having found nothing better to play I came back a couple of weeks ago; hope I don't end up doing that again.