Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Crash to Desktop on Launch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
SWTOR Crash to Desktop on Launch

OwenBrooks
03.28.2013 , 06:51 PM | #11
Hit Windows key type msconfig

goto the services tab and tick hide all Microsoft services, untick everything remaining

goto the general tab, select selective startup and tick load system services and untick load startup items

click ok and reboot, play game

to go back to normal just go back into msconfig and select normal startup

Zionite
03.28.2013 , 07:20 PM | #12
Sure, I'll test that now.

Zionite
03.28.2013 , 07:35 PM | #13
Nope, not my start up programs. CTD in 10 minutes.

OwenBrooks
03.28.2013 , 07:46 PM | #14
Which model Gigabyte motherboard is this ?

I also know ram was tested with memtest and xp seems ok, but it is worthwhile pulling 4GB out if you can and try playing and then swap the sticks around and try again. If it is possible on your setup.

SFC /scannow comes back clean ?

Zionite
03.28.2013 , 08:14 PM | #15
Gigabyte 970A-D3. I think this is it.

I'll try taking out one stick of ram at a time. This is a custom build and all the parts are reasonably new; the RAM came in packs of 2. I can take out one at a time, test, and swap if needed.

What were the commands for the /scannow?

OwenBrooks
03.28.2013 , 08:15 PM | #16
just open a command prompt as administrator

sfc /scannow

Zionite
03.28.2013 , 08:29 PM | #18
Running the scan now. So these .exe updates, I just run them and they're good to go? It's not like a BIOS update that I have to worry about doing right?

OwenBrooks
03.28.2013 , 08:34 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Zionite View Post
Running the scan now. So these .exe updates, I just run them and they're good to go? It's not like a BIOS update that I have to worry about doing right?
No not like a bios, you just run them.

it is interesting that the bios you need to use to support a FX CPU is a beta bios though

Zionite
03.28.2013 , 08:43 PM | #20
It's a beta BIOS? Huh. I used the @BIOS updater, it just uses the web to update to the most recent version. There was only one version to update too. The only thing I noticed was a new BIOS splash screen before booting, but I'm not getting BSODs anymore.

sfc /scannow is done, Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.