Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Bug] Ship's blasters badly bugged

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
[Bug] Ship's blasters badly bugged
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ChrisVenus
03.28.2013 , 10:54 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by scottishhaig View Post
I get there is a solution to this issue, but I don't hang on to old or outdated gear. So reverting to prior gear / component pieces would require time and or credits that I do not wish to expend.

Sure they're not horribly expensive, but I'm stingy when it comes to money (even the fake kind).
It really doesn't cost much to go buy the Lvl5 version of the item. I've not checked how much you get for the space missions but I suspect it is more profitable to buy the level 5 and do the missions than not and be unable to do the mission.

And if you aren't happy to spend the money then just wait for the fix. It is a bug. It has been confirmed as such but bug fixes aren't instant so you'll have to wait.

VonFaart
03.28.2013 , 11:04 AM | #112
Yeah, so you can drop back to lower level gear on your ship and complete the missions... so what. I PAID real money to buy cartel coins to purchase all the Lvl 7 ship upgrades for all of my Lvl 50 toons. I've been a paying subscriber to SWTOR since it first went online... I fully expect to get what I have paid real money for. I run every space combat mission every day with all of my toons. Those missions are a major source of funding for twinking any new low level toon. That's about 16 missions per toon, per day at about 4 - 5 mins per mission. Doesn't make any difference why I like doing these... I PAID to be able to do them. I'm entitled to have the upgrades I PAID for work the way they are supposed to work!
Emiliano Von Faart
No Cerveza, No Trabajo

ChrisVenus
03.28.2013 , 11:11 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by VonFaart View Post
Yeah, so you can drop back to lower level gear on your ship and complete the missions... so what. I PAID real money to buy cartel coins to purchase all the Lvl 7 ship upgrades for all of my Lvl 50 toons. I've been a paying subscriber to SWTOR since it first went online... I fully expect to get what I have paid real money for. I run every space combat mission every day with all of my toons. Those missions are a major source of funding for twinking any new low level toon. That's about 16 missions per toon, per day at about 4 - 5 mins per mission. Doesn't make any difference why I like doing these... I PAID to be able to do them. I'm entitled to have the upgrades I PAID for work the way they are supposed to work!
Bugs happen. Its nothing personal. Just give them a change to fix it before getting all entitled.

If you are at this point not doing the space missions despite having been told that all but one of your level 7 upgrades works and that that one can be easily replaced with a lower level version then you cannot hold others responsible for that.

Darth_Smiley
03.28.2013 , 11:21 AM | #114
This bug is also a pattern of negligence when it comes to the Devs and their abysmal patch testing. They have been good about compensating us for their errors but it is still frustrating. I would be content with a free purple reputation module + 15 Black Hole comms on every 50 (IF this only lasts a week).

JediCahlwyn
03.28.2013 , 01:39 PM | #115
Welp official Dev Post says it is a "known issue" and it will be fixed with 2.0.

Even I have a problem with them taking weeks to fix this! WTH!?
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!

scottishhaig
03.28.2013 , 01:58 PM | #116
2.0?!? The new expansion? That's ridiculous.

So some of you super-smart programmers help me understand how something like this happens (apparently A LOT). I mean they only adjusted some freakin' text for two space missions in the last patch right? So was the person responsible for said change drunk, blind and typing with his (or her) nose?

I just don't understand why it takes so long to fix these issues (and why they seem to happen ALL the time). Yeah, in the grand scheme of life it's not a huge concern - I get that - all you folks offering a 'chill pill' is great, but don't you expect a reliable product when you pay for something?

I'm also not saying mistakes don't happen, but it seems they are tending to happen more often that not these days with SWTOR (could just be me).

Korvus_Starlight
03.28.2013 , 06:31 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by scottishhaig View Post
2.0?!? The new expansion? That's ridiculous.

So some of you super-smart programmers help me understand how something like this happens (apparently A LOT). I mean they only adjusted some freakin' text for two space missions in the last patch right? So was the person responsible for said change drunk, blind and typing with his (or her) nose?

I just don't understand why it takes so long to fix these issues (and why they seem to happen ALL the time). Yeah, in the grand scheme of life it's not a huge concern - I get that - all you folks offering a 'chill pill' is great, but don't you expect a reliable product when you pay for something?

I'm also not saying mistakes don't happen, but it seems they are tending to happen more often that not these days with SWTOR (could just be me).
It takes long because EA sucks terribly and rather than giving the Bioware development team money, they have been giving them bananas and as such they have evolved back into monkeys.
░▒ General Korvus Starlight - The Army of Light ▒░
░▒ Website | Forums | Application ▒░

Caterwail
03.28.2013 , 06:34 PM | #118
2.0 !
And the Known In-Game Issues: Updated March 28th, 2013 sticky post has it listed as:
Grade 7 Beam Generators currently do not increase blaster damage as intended.

They sort of missed stating that Grade 7 Beam Generators completely BUGGERS your DPS... not as intended.

It was a pain but I have been collecting the Daily Heroic mission on all five of my 50's every day figuring I would have a half-dozen or so missions each at the end of the week when they fix this and I would not be losing any BH, Daily or Fleet Commendations.
However, if it lasts past a full week I will have the Far Cradle Strike Mission already and then I WILL be losing out.

Shocking that a game-play bug lasts this long but they bring a server down to fix Mail and Chat.
Disappointing that the programming code accidentally changed during the last patch during regularly scheduled weekly maintenance period cannot be fixed at this upcoming regularly scheduled weekly maintenance period.

I guess I will put my crap on GTN then go play StarCraft II: HOTS

Haydon
03.28.2013 , 06:56 PM | #119
People who hoard old parts, or just got lucky, and still have the Grade 6 beam generator, see a ~16% reduction to their ship blaster DPS.

Those of us who had to go back and pick up a Grade 5 beam generator are seeing a 25% reduction to our ship blaster DPS.

Not exactly a small amount. If this had happened to anything else (blaster pistols for instance) the community would have exploded and they probably would have patched it in 1-2 days.

We who enjoy the Heroic Space dailys get the honor of being told that we'll just have to tough it out for 2 weeks.

Also, anyone else noticing their ship randomly "twitching" throughout missions as if you're toggling power conversion settings?

wuteva
03.28.2013 , 07:15 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by JediCahlwyn View Post
Stop the hyperbole. Full refund? Come on! Its been a day! It'll be fixed, prolly in the next couple days. Its not the end of the world.
I wouldnt say it's "hyperbole". They have jacked up Heroic space missions since day one of releasing them. Most wouldnt even renew/recycle for multiple weeks. It took them 45-60 days to even get close to fixing it. Even then it wasn't until recently that the missions properly cycled. Support and bug tickets would get filed and recieve lame responses of "we don't handle that and that's really a dev issue. file a ticket with them", dropping everyones complaints into oblivion. Such a nice way to do customer support.

Alot of people spent cartel coins for the gear. That cost real cash. If a product fails so miserably, then the manufacturer needs to fix it in a timely manner or provide compensation in one manner or another.

So now this and you think "it's only been a few days"? Incorrect. They will let it hang out there saying "yes it's a known and that they'll fix it in patch whateva". EA and Bioware's history of how they dont fix space related issues for an extended period is pretty blatant. With a truly appathetic attitude, they wont address it as it only affects a smaller percentage of gameplay versus the whole system, such as their mail box fiasco.

It all comes down to paying attention to detail in doing their jobs. Obviously, some engineers must have dropped their coke bottle lensed glasses when writing the code and now, we get to experience their fails.