Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Coin Cards?

MazakMatsura
12.26.2012 , 12:25 AM | #11
With all the issues many of us are having trying to purchase the coins off the website, any update or info on these cards?

One Best Buy, and 3 Gamestops in my city no longer carry regular game time cards, I was also wondering if this is becoming an issue for others out there.
(╯)╯︵ ︵ ︵
The Ebon Hawk
Love Ryan Davis 1979-2013

Valethar
01.06.2013 , 02:35 PM | #12
So, when can we expect someone to actually answer the question and give us an update on this?
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

Valethar
01.07.2013 , 06:35 PM | #13
These are not the Cartel coin cards we're looking for. We may go about our business. Move along....

Seriously. How hard a question is this to answer?
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

Midgen
03.28.2013 , 06:25 PM | #14
This is a fairly old thread, but I'm interested in buying some of these as prizes for guild events.

Has anyone seen these in the wild?

I'd really like to get my hands on a couple of them.

WaydeSol
03.28.2013 , 06:33 PM | #15
I bought Cartel Coin digital code today at my local GameStop. They even had it advertised in their PC section. It is not a physical card, but a generated code. My son and I traded in some old games to help pay for them!
Harbringer - The Silver Order
(Originally Vornskyr Server)

Corrupted_Soul
03.29.2013 , 01:03 AM | #16
Official statement on the cards is here:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=607092

Veldranis
03.29.2013 , 06:33 PM | #17
I just picked one up at GameStop, they have banners for them in their tiny tiny pc section. Its a code on a receipt. After that you have to create an account at the GameStop website, download a program, type in the code, and it'll spit out yet another code. After this you can type it into your code redemption page. Though some people have reported they had to go to Origin to get it to work.

I also went to BestBuy and they had no idea what I was talking about. Called a manager he said they don't sell those any more.

Sydney_Eun
03.29.2013 , 07:20 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Veldranis View Post
I just picked one up at GameStop, they have banners for them in their tiny tiny pc section. Its a code on a receipt. After that you have to create an account at the GameStop website, download a program, type in the code, and it'll spit out yet another code. After this you can type it into your code redemption page. Though some people have reported they had to go to Origin to get it to work.

I also went to BestBuy and they had no idea what I was talking about. Called a manager he said they don't sell those any more.
thank you so much! It was driving my up a wall trying to figure out how to get my code to work. the FAQ has no info on how to do this. They really should do a little updating for this.

ValkinKrang
03.30.2013 , 09:44 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Sydney_Eun View Post
thank you so much! It was driving my up a wall trying to figure out how to get my code to work. the FAQ has no info on how to do this. They really should do a little updating for this.
Yeah, it took me a bit to figure it out also.

You have to install Impulse (NOT Origin!) which is GameStop's app. (Also called 'Gamestop App' these days).

Create your Impulse account, click redeem in the Impulse window or on the web address on your receipt.

Enter the code on your receipt.

Go to "My Games" in the Impulse window, hit "Refresh". Wait a few seconds until SWTOR - 2400 Cartel Coins or something similar shows up.

Click the box next to it that says "Product Code" - copy that, open swtor.com in your browser, go to your account, click "Redeem a code" on the menu to the left, and paste that code in there. Voila.

Also note that if you buy more than 1 of the 2400 Cartel Coin codes, you'll have to open a live chat with GameStop customer service to make it work - after redeeming the first code, when you go to redeem the second one Impulse thinks you're trying to install something you already have and won't let you do it. You'll need to open a Live Chat with GameStop customer service and have them remove the first one from your account (AFTER you've redeemed it, gotten the code, and actually redeemed it on swtor.com to make sure it works) before you can repeat the same process to redeem the second one.

JimG
03.30.2013 , 03:19 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Veldranis View Post
I just picked one up at GameStop, they have banners for them in their tiny tiny pc section. Its a code on a receipt.

Same here. Nada at Best Buy. Was able to purchase at GameStop but I had to have the cashier look it up and then she was able to sell me a download code. No physical Cartel Cards there.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sydney_Eun View Post
Yeah, probably because it's a GameStop thing. GameStop is trying to make you download their app so they can sell you more stuff. It's not really a process that BW controls so they don't have any info up about how to do it. The GameStop receipt and then their website have info about how to do it.....but since most of their stuff has an "install" and you don't need that for the Cartel Coins, I think some people may be getting hung up there because there's some irrelevant info about "installing" your game too.