Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NighthawkTG
03.16.2013 , 11:50 PM | #311
i wouldnt bother trying to reply to this guys no one is looking at it and trying to really help

OwenBrooks
03.17.2013 , 07:42 AM | #312
This thread has a useful step that may help some with disconnects

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=579777

Sage_Rikudou
03.19.2013 , 02:42 PM | #313
1. Prophecy of five
2. 3/18/2013 CMT 8:00pm-10:00 and 3/19/2013 CMT 11:00-Now (while making this post). I have this issue every time I play swtor basically.
3.Yes on continually, and no not doing anything else on my network
4.ever 10-15 min the dc goes bad then kicks me
5.Wireless, Linksys wireless-g 2.4ghz
6.yes i play with my brother and he too has this problem
7.Windows 7 64 bit
8. I use Avast and just regular firewall
9. If you need info call or email me

-Kyuzo-
03.22.2013 , 12:20 AM | #314
so this has been going on for almost 2 years without a fix really?

OwenBrooks
03.22.2013 , 12:22 AM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by -Kyuzo- View Post
so this has been going on for almost 2 years without a fix really?
No about 1982 when they made the internet available to the public

Google Disconnects or Lag Spikes with any of the online MMO games

tracert and pathpings when the spikes occur are the minimum too even start to look for a cause, most don't do them
essentially without these tests they can just post "I have lag" or "I DC" as anything else won't really matter.

DtBasilius
03.22.2013 , 12:46 AM | #316
1. Name of the server where you encounter disconnects
The Progenitor
2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) Were looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!
March 18/19/20/21, 8-12 P.M. (GST+4)
3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?
Ussually one or two time a week, evenings. But this week every evenings.
4. How reliably can you reproduce the disconnects? 100%? 75%?
100%
5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?
No
6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
No
7. What version of Windows are you running? Are you running 32 or 64 bit?
Windows 7, 64
8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?
Yes

LifeScourge
03.25.2013 , 01:03 PM | #317
Prophecy of the Five
2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) Were looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!
2-4pm EST 3/25/13
3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?
This has only been happening to me since February, and it doesn't matter what time of day
65-70% It seems to happen pretty randomly while I play
5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?
Wireless, and I believe it is a Netgear router i think
6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
Yes I share, and no, no one else plays this game, but they don't have any connectivity troubles at all
Windows 7 64 bit
8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?
just Norton
9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?
Yes I would EST
If you can't be a good example, BE A HORRIBLE EXCUSE!!!

"The only law in this galaxy is what a man makes for himself"
BH Powertech lvl 50

SuperZizu
03.26.2013 , 01:41 PM | #318
Fix this issue already!! I get error code 9000 in every 30min and always in the middle of warzone -.- not a chance even think about joining ops because i get dced every 30min... Im really out of patience, have to go find games that actually WORKS

DalrisThane
03.27.2013 , 03:18 AM | #319
The Ebon Hawk

3:30-5:00am EST 03/27/2013

Intermittent. Started since 03/26/2013 patch. No. Clusters, worse when doing in-game e-mail / Fast Transport.

75%, closer to 90% when try to buff passing PCs.

Wired.

Yes. They do not play and are rarely awake when I do.

64 Bit.

Norton Internet Security. No conflicts with game prior to 03/26/2013.

9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?
No land line or cell. (am a hermit luddite, sorry, and wife's phone is a work phone)
Im an old dude that's old school. Emotion + Hyperbole > Logic + Facts. I'd rather be a Drama King than a Human Computer. Sorry...

GimliTron
03.28.2013 , 06:27 PM | #320
As there seems to be no real solution from EA or Bioware can anyone tell me how long this issue seems to go on? I can't even maintain a connection for over 2 minutes :\