Not sure what to main

Rugi

So I have both a Sniper and an Operative. The Sniper is DS, the Operative is LS, and both are at different parts of Chapter 1. My main thus far has been a Juggernaut, but I'm shelving him due to reasons. I really want an Agent as my main now, and with the double XP weekend coming up I need to quickly decide which AC to work on.

So taking 2.0 into account, which one would you guys reccomend?

Because is a not so important question and really is entirely up to you. First MMO for me, so my main pretty much it boils down to whichiver character I play the most, for whatever reason.

It might only be important to a certain extent in some guilds, where you need stablish who's your main because of loot, raid spots, etc. Aside from that, completely irrelevant imo.

Depends on if you want to play a hybrid class, or pure dps. Some people care nothing about healing and are happy to spend all of their days dpsing. Some people like to have the versatility, i.e. "I can fill the role of a dps or a healer in my ops group". With others, it's more like having a backup plan: "I can dps all I want to as an Operative, but if I ever get sick of dps, I can play as a healer."

Yeah, I'm mainly looking to DPS. You'd think the Sniper would be a no brainer, but I'm also considering the Operative at this point because of the quality of life and dps buffs they are getting in 2.0.

For DPS sniper does better damage as rdps, plus bring its ballistic shield which is always nice in burn phases.

Even with operative buff to mobility dps operatives were parsing below the average of other classes, and concealment is still not a very competive tree out of pvp.