Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When will the crash to desktop during light speed jump animations be fixed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
When will the crash to desktop during light speed jump animations be fixed?

Rocketmanballs
03.28.2013 , 04:20 PM | #1
Once again I joined a Foundry group using the group finder. On the opening conversation the jump to light speed caused me to crash to the desktop. This happens every time at the end of black talon and at the beginning of foundry. This time I was the group leader and it caused the group to bug. While i was logging back in a group member left and we were unable to use the group finder to replace him. The Que button is greyed out. We left, reset active phases, and passed leadership and NOTHING WORKS. Please fix this as it is game breaking! I am not the only one that this is happening to as other players have it happen to them too.

Rocketmanballs
03.28.2013 , 04:22 PM | #2
Also something else that is strange... the quest for Foundry HM is grey as it would be doing foundry normal mode at lvl 50 but the instance has the HM symbol on it. Very strange.

Rocketmanballs
03.28.2013 , 04:25 PM | #3
We left instance and hit que and now we are qued for a new FP.

OwenBrooks
03.28.2013 , 06:23 PM | #4
Workaround to stop crashing is either lower gfx all to low and travel or alt tab to desktop allow the travel to occur and then go back into the game and continue

Rocketmanballs
03.29.2013 , 03:37 PM | #5
Thanks I'll give that a try.

sandmanusd
04.13.2013 , 12:42 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Workaround to stop crashing is either lower gfx all to low and travel or alt tab to desktop allow the travel to occur and then go back into the game and continue
well that didn't work, neither of them. I tabbed out and it still crashed...

Wraiven
04.13.2013 , 05:52 PM | #7
Yeah, I have a top of the line computer, have yet to meet anyone in game who has one even close to mine...and I still crash on the jump to lightspeed animations. Kinda getting old. All work arounds do not work for me.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

DABhand
04.13.2013 , 09:10 PM | #8
There is a huge memory leak during the lightspeed animations, it happens with the esseles and black talon FPs also. Even on my system it stutters badly and you can visibly see the lag caused by it.