The Bastion or the Harbinger?

Tom_the_Narwhal

Not sure where you get this from Jumpy.

here are the screenshots of the guild activity in the last 24 hours.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/7213/1roster.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6897/2roster.jpg

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9365/3roster.jpg

Taking out Duplicate toons (alts) that about 30 diffrent members loging in over a 24hour period.

I dont mind the critsizm but if your going to troll make sure you know *** you are talking about and can back it up with proof.

As you can see its 11:30pm and we got 8 online as well with spoon and thrash playing Mechwarrior but online anyway.

you have 8 on last i checked thats a single digit. does not matter how many people have logged on, i said active, anyone can have someone log on see whos around and just log off.

but im not trolling my MAIN point was that there is not [the definition of ] alot of you IS there.

i do understand that there is rateds going around, and youre trying to get a team, im not deminishing you but my point is, you have all left along time ago, and the decision to go play with a guild with probably never more then 15 online is not legititmantly worthy of a judgement say.

otherwise we might as well all pick and go to boss i hear theres about 20 of them

Edited by Jumpchan

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have 8 on last i checked thats a single digit. does not matter how many people have logged on, i said active, anyone can have someone log on see whos around and just log off.

but im not trolling my MAIN point was that there is not [the definition of ] alot of you IS there.

i do understand that there is rateds going around, and youre trying to get a team, im not deminishing you but my point is, you have all left along time ago, and the decision to go play with a guild with probably never more then 15 online is not legititmantly worthy of a judgement say.

otherwise we might as well all pick and go to boss i hear theres about 20 of them

Dude on weekends we get over 20 on. It'll be best for one of the other officers to clarify further, but as far as I know we're intentionally not recruiting. Plenty of people have asked to join us, but we turned them away because we're not down for that because we want to keep things tight and grow slowly/organically because we value knowing each other's playstyles as opposed to just letting anyone in, especially at this early stage. God knows we don't want to end up like <Zhentil Keep>. We'll probably try to expand and grow later on, but not just yet.

As an aside, <Offline> was also really small and that was intentional as well, with around 10 people on most of the time and nobody could accuse us of being a shoddy outfit.

We did make an exception for rerollers from APAC who pretty much got an automatic invite if they wanted as a courtesy to our friends from APAC.

One additional thing people may want to consider is that I've heard some people get higher ping on one server vs. the other. May be worth rolling a toon on either one to see if there is a noticeable difference.

Edited by iheartnyc

Dude on weekends we get over 20 on. It'll be best for one of the other officers to clarify further, but as far as I know we're intentionally not recruiting. Plenty of people have asked to join us, but we turned them away because we're not down for that because we want to keep things tight and grow slowly/organically because we value knowing each other's playstyles as opposed to just letting anyone in, especially at this early stage. God knows we don't want to end up like <Zhentil Keep>. We'll probably try to expand and grow later on, but not just yet.

As an aside, <Offline> was also really small and that was intentional as well, with around 10 people on most of the time and nobody could accuse us of being a shoddy outfit.

We did make an exception for rerollers from APAC who pretty much got an automatic invite if they wanted as a courtesy to our friends from APAC.

One additional thing people may want to consider is that I've heard some people get higher ping on one server vs. the other. May be worth rolling a toon on either one to see if there is a noticeable difference.

Firstly, good to see the use of a slinger in that match you posted earlier! not normally seen tbh.

The bastion ping for me is ridiculous 300 - 400 with regular 700+ spikes, but with the use of Battleping it was sorted out, 170ms and seems really stable and I get the same on harbs with the use of battleping.

So I would try using battleping or something similar, if you can get a stable connection on it I don't think it matters what server you play.

Hi everyone,

Core has almost indefinitely decided as a guild to move to Harbinger apposed to Bastion for several reasons.

Some of these are increased population, dominant empire side but most of all the fact that it seems like most APAC guilds are also moving there, including pretty much all of Dalborra. Hope to see as many familiar faces and guilds there as possible, will make for some great pvp and hopefully some good rivalries will form among our own APAC community as well as with the existing Harbinger population.

PS. Will be trying for some games on MDN despite most people kicking in the bucket at around 2PM AEDT tomorrow and over the long weekend. My steam name is 'Jeck Swtor' feel free to contact me via steam and we can organise for guys to get on our teamspeak and hopefully have some fun games.

Edited by wikd

Having toons on both dalborra and master darn Nala I will be transfering all to harbinger I cant fully speak for my guild on dalborra but most are leaning toward harbinger As a destination.

Looking forward to having all my toons under 1 roof and playing against players from master D and dalborra, both servers have a good base of pvpers and combined on 1 server = good times

Note: The actual server merges themselves will still happen based on server type, so once we open transfers make sure you move all of your characters to the server you want before the merge happens.

All these points mean moot if we cannot get them to change their stance on letting us transfer to a different server type.

Everyone needs to get on that thread and inform Eric that the best way to approach this is to allow everyone from APAC servers let them chose what server type and which server between the 3 already selected. As we do not want to dilute the Aussie population.

I believe Harb is the solid choice for keeping up our population thriving.

All these points mean moot if we cannot get them to change their stance on letting us transfer to a different server type.

Everyone needs to get on that thread and inform Eric that the best way to approach this is to allow everyone from APAC servers let them chose what server type and which server between the 3 already selected. As we do not want to dilute the Aussie population.

I believe Harb is the solid choice for keeping up our population thriving.

we do have the choice.

pretty sure the process atm is:

1. free one time transfer to any of the 3 na west servers.

2. after the transfer dateline, the servers will be merged into the corresponding server types n apac servers will be closed.

which means people who return to the game after transfers will be stuck on the specified server.

You could be right however clarification is needed. As I myself read it differently and all words are interpreted differently across the internet.

Either way I made a post lets see if we get an answer.

Edited by ZarthMan

I would like to see more competition over here on bastion we have a few top tier guilds here and a lot of guilds that are just starting out of trying to get better. Currently we are doing a lot of kickballs with everyone from the server so we can all get games played and make the teams as even as possible, but we try to rated guilded teams as much as we can.

Eric's text from the dev tracker:

I wanted to give an update on some things and answer some questions we have seen in the thread. First, one of the things we have seen multiple people suggest is that if we are going to merge the APAC servers into the NA West servers that we should give you the option to choose which NA West server you transfer to. Knowing that some APAC players have existing characters and Legacies on some NA West servers already, we agree. When we open free transfers we will allow you one time transfer from your current APAC server to any one of the NA West servers. Note: The actual server merges themselves will still happen based on server type, so once we open transfers make sure you move all of your characters to the server you want before the merge happens.

Seems pretty clear cut to me.

Checked the fleet populations again last night, think it was around 2200hrs AEST

Bastion

66 / 52

Harbinger

115/105

With the large proportion of Dalborrans' going to the Harbinger I know where I'd be going. Not trading one dead PVP server for the potential of the same thing happening. Given Bioware's reaction time it's a dangerous proposition.. I know there are issues such as a higher percentage of pvpers on the bastion, better quality perhaps, existing MDNers already playing on there, but with our Aussie population as low as it is I think it'd be better to consolidate onto the 1 server. And basically Harbinger is going to be the server that dies last, if ever.

Edited by ausmisc

I have characters on both the bastion and harbinger. And let me tell you the bastion pvp > harbinger pvp. Since being equally geared hey im mvp has gone about 12-4 against the best of the harbinger on the pts.. Imo if you want to play with the best competition then roll on the bastion because we have 4 solid guilds that give us real competiton. I understand there are other things to consider but as far as pvp goes, your best bet is the bastion.

I have characters on both the bastion and harbinger. And let me tell you the bastion pvp > harbinger pvp. Since being equally geared hey im mvp has gone about 12-4 against the best of the harbinger on the pts.. Imo if you want to play with the best competition then roll on the bastion because we have 4 solid guilds that give us real competiton. I understand there are other things to consider but as far as pvp goes, your best bet is the bastion.

Problem is your prime time is the middle of the day for us. Kinda hard to have good pvp ranked games against people who aren't on.

you cannot be competive against a team that only play when you are at work or sleeping, sure out of normal hours can be arranged but if you have to pre arrange every game, bit tiresome. this is a hard fact you cannot decide on how good ranked will be against teams you will probably never vs

i agree with ward 100% , i feel much more secure going to a server that will probably be the last to die as i really dont want to suffer the same population issues in 6 months time, also as most of the apac players will certainly end up on the harbs its the safest bet

Edited by Jumpchan

Checked the fleet populations again last night, think it was around 2200hrs AEST

Bastion

66 / 52

Harbinger

115/105

With the large proportion of Dalborrans' going to the Harbinger I know where I'd be going. Not trading one dead PVP server for the potential of the same thing happening. Given Bioware's reaction time it's a dangerous proposition.. I know there are issues such as a higher percentage of pvpers on the bastion, better quality perhaps, existing MDNers already playing on there, but with our Aussie population as low as it is I think it'd be better to consolidate onto the 1 server. And basically Harbinger is going to be the server that dies last, if ever.

Come to the harbringer brother and play pubs with me

also be careful guys, even with a larger pop on the pve server, there is likely to be less people pvping in wzs there than on the pvp server Bastion. Even on our server id say 1 in 2 people do wzs ( i am guessing but i know a large number of people who dont ), i suspect on a pve server it would be even lower, so you may have a larger pool of people but a smaller grp of eople who will go in a wz.............