Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Clone Wars series question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The Clone Wars series question

Knightmaire
12.21.2011 , 07:23 AM | #1
Am I seeing this right?

I'm probably wrong because I am confusing myself, but I just starting watching The Clone Wars computer animated series and ran into a possible inconsistency.

In season 2 "Senate Murders" Onaconda Farr is poisoned and dies.

But then in Season 3, he appears again to help Amidala fight against a bill for more troops "Pursuit of Peace".

Same guy right? Did I miss something, watch something out of order, or is this just a miss-step taken by the writers? I'd think that such an error would be caught as this is produced by George Lucas, so I'm hoping I'm just wrong, but just wanted to see what others had to say.

Any Help?

BiggGee
12.21.2011 , 07:25 AM | #2
some of the series (mostly in the beginning) is not in Chono order. they dont do that as often now.
Ultimately, the Jedi Knights are not nearly as strong as they appear to be. Their constant seeking of moral perfection and serenity actually weakens them. Jedi who shun emotional attachments, cut themselves off from the Living Force that sustains the Light Side of the Force and leaves them unable to summon the second strongest emotion of all; love. I do not know if it was a Sith Lord who secretly introduced the Jedi Knights to discarding their emotional connections but if it was, he contributed above all other Sith to our ultimate victory over the Jedi.

Knightmaire
12.21.2011 , 07:31 AM | #3
Well that's just weird, I guess they don't have to think about the future of the story that much, but if that's the case, why the update as to what's going on story wise that happens at the beginning of every episode? (which seems to follow chronologically)

Oh well, makes it possible to come up with essentially infinite stories when you can always go back.

BrandonSM
12.21.2011 , 08:37 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by BiggGee View Post
some of the series (mostly in the beginning) is not in Chono order. they dont do that as often now.
This is wrong.

As for Onaconda. You must have mixed up the order you watched the shows. Because his final appearance in SW: TCW was when he died.

Edit: I see... I was mistaken. But Wookieepedia isn't counting that season 3 episode as canon or they haven't updated... this is strange.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Knightmaire
12.22.2011 , 12:34 AM | #5
Yeah, I looked everywhere assuming it would have come up, couldn't find anything, so I naturally thought I had been mistaken. IMDB didn't even help as he isn't listed as having any voice actor associated with him (he does, but is not listed)

BrandonSM
12.22.2011 , 12:46 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Knightmaire View Post
Yeah, I looked everywhere assuming it would have come up, couldn't find anything, so I naturally thought I had been mistaken. IMDB didn't even help as he isn't listed as having any voice actor associated with him (he does, but is not listed)
I hope LA announced Season 3 as non-canon and we just don't know about. Just Season 3, everything else can be canon. That Mortis stuff and that 1,000 year old god just effed up canon with the movies.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Drewtildeath
12.22.2011 , 01:31 AM | #7
you are correct...Lucas is terrible with canon. For now we are left to assume that the stories of his death were greatly exaggerated.

TimCarrath
12.22.2011 , 09:46 PM | #8
Wasn't Season 3 the All Questions Answered season? It seemed to me that it wasnt really meant to be a continuation of season 2 per se just multiple one off stories that was supposed to answer certain questions but instead created many more. Thats how I understood it atleast.

BrandonSM
12.22.2011 , 10:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Drewtildeath View Post
you are correct...Lucas is terrible with canon. For now we are left to assume that the stories of his death were greatly exaggerated.
He doesnt/didn't write the The Clone Wars. He wrote the Prequels, that is all.

Ldogg
12.23.2011 , 06:09 AM | #10
No your not missing anything. They don't go in a chrono order. They might do something in season three that happens before something in season one. An example would be how season three beginning was about Domino's squads training and showed them graduating, but in season one they were already graduated and were defending a listening post near Kamino. That's why Heavy is still alive on the season three episode. Hope that helps.

Lol yeah I don't like how they decided not to go in a chrono order. It does get a bit confusing. I have quite a few times been like "did that happen yet or is this before that". It's for kids mostly so there able to get away with it and not a lot people notice, except for us fanboys.
"Until the possible becomes actual, it is only a distraction."
―Qui-Gon Jinn:
I7 920 OC 3.2 Ghz, 12Gb tri-channel @ 1333Mhz, 2x AMD 6870 Beta Squadron 238