Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

QOL Improvements - What does the community want to see?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
QOL Improvements - What does the community want to see?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kameki
03.28.2013 , 06:55 AM | #11
-(!)Pazaak club in Nar Shaddaa (restrict it to 18+ if you have to).
-Any form of speeder Racing
-Interactive objects in personal ship. Allow me to lay down on my bed and sit on the 50+ chairs/couches that are in my ship.

I think I would commit murder to have any of these in the game. I think having mini-games about as in-depth as the current spacemissions is sufficient.
Suiko 推古 Legacy
掃仔 Souzai - Human Sith Assassin
主仔 Shuzai - Human Sith Sorcerer

LarryRow
03.28.2013 , 07:05 AM | #12
I hadn't heard of the Swap Mirror Class abilities idea, but I can tell you that every serious PVPer will make their alignment so that they can use the better and/or less obvious animations. In other words, mostly imperial animations, except for sorcerers who will go light side to replace Lightning with TK Throw. Commando Medics will definitely want to replace that Here I Am green beam.

My list (somtimes just agreeing with others):
Legacy Datacrons
Legacy Codex (should be in addition to character codex, not replace it)
True dual spec with wardrobe manager
Legacy bank tab
Legacy friends/ignore lists
Server Transfers (for the love of God, Montresor!)
Faction switch (here is the thing: if my guild and toons are republic, and lets say I have a Sentinel, I should be able to enjoy the Warrior story line and get a Guardian for my troubles).

Quote: Originally Posted by DaftVaduhhh View Post
Number one with a bullet: health text on focus target.
And number 2: target of focus target frame. Tired of not knowing who the boss is targeting as a healer.
While we're at it, mouse over healing, and smart target healing (targeting an enemy heals its target).
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

DarthTHC
03.28.2013 , 07:12 AM | #13
A lot of the stuff listed already aren't QOL. For example, things like Pazzak and Speeder Racing aren't QOL; they're mini-games.

QOL improvements I'd like to see:
  • Copy configuration, especially keybindings, from other characters.
  • Click-to-cast (it's a healer thing).
  • Cost per unit column on GTN, with ability to sort on it.
  • Cartel market items to move out of inventory and into pets or skills tab - things like the Party Jawa and the remote control spaceship toy self-heal.

Arlon_Nabarlly
03.28.2013 , 07:17 AM | #14
1. Shared Legacy Datacrons
2. Dual Spec
3. Shared Legacy Bank
4. Trip Spec
5. Animal mounts
6. Hood Toggle

I'm not a big fan of the swap mirror abilities idea. This will make it even more confusing figuring out someone's class in PvP. Honestly what I would like to see is a new class that is a grey Jedi/Sith that mixes both dark and light abilities.

Arlon_Nabarlly
03.28.2013 , 07:18 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kameki View Post
-(!)Pazaak club in Nar Shaddaa (restrict it to 18+ if you have to).
A. Why would they have to?
B. How would they do that?

This seems really odd to me...

henhouse
03.28.2013 , 07:30 AM | #16
- Chat Bubbles (That you can toggle on/off if you want)
- Custom emotes to be visible cross-faction.
- Cross-faction tells. (Without it, Conflictual faction vs faction RP is hard to manage. it would be easier if we could keep a communication going OOC and agree on the details of that RP.)
- Cross-faction groups. (Some may think its against the lore but from a pure QoL point of vew they would be very useful for player run events and RP)
- Possibility to lean.
- Possibility to sit chairs.
- Player housing. (Even instances like our ships I would be glad to have that)
- Ship and housing decoration.
- Guild Capital ship.
- Dye for armor.
- Every alien race they haved as NPCs that are roughly humanoid should be a playable race.
Captain Henerkin Eisley - Space Pirate, Independent
And countless alts...
Project Invicta - Invicta Trade Company (OOC)
The Ebon Hawk (RP)

Honorbridge
03.28.2013 , 08:05 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
[*]Cost per unit column on GTN, with ability to sort on it.
Per unit pricing is actually on the GTN now, just not in its own column. They put it in a tooltip if you mouse-hover the price on a stack.

That said, ability to sort by unit cost would be nice, and would probably require putting unit cost in its own column anyway...

TUXs
03.28.2013 , 08:19 AM | #18
Until recently, I never had many alts, but one request I know I've seen before has been a "Legacy" bank tab that we can share...that would be quite invaluable.

For me, the one quality of life thing I would LOVE to see would be a way to land directly at a planets Starport, bypassing the landing station so many have.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

PlasmaJohn
03.28.2013 , 08:26 AM | #19
  • Daily allotment of Med Probes for Preferred players
  • Audible Keyclick in the chat pane - (leave focus in chat pane, hit keybinds, scratch head trying to figure out why you're just standing around looking stupid )

Audiva - Cogohi - Malkerson - Mysalia - OIejandro - Roxiani - Szachi
Aldriovok - Jubelee - Korduun - Mikkiani - Ojain - Oromunroe - Ryliani

Nergath
03.28.2013 , 08:39 AM | #20
fully costumizable UI frames / Raidframes / buffs and debuffs
mouseover healing support
saving keybinds per spec
armor dyes