Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Mercs SUCK.

Huez
03.27.2013 , 09:31 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
I didn't play back then but i have seen movies in which rocket punch pushes enemies back.Don't know before which patch it was.
Why the hell did they nerf it?If they implement it again ,combined with the new ability from the expansion a lot of pvp problems with be solved for my favorite class(yes im insane as the op)
Aww man I loved that move back in the day also loved the 30m electro dart so broken hearted.
Udesi: Mercenary::55
Mandaz: Powertech:55

Huez
03.27.2013 , 09:36 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkXXIV View Post
people have been saying merc suck for at least 6 months now probally longer. considering how op powertech and jugg are, I do not think it would be that big of a deal if merc became a little op after being seen as trash for so long.
as long as powertech and jugg are still this strong, nobody is going to be calling for a merc nerf if it gets buffed properly.

powertech is strong but I have alot more fun playing merc than playing powertech. I would be happy if merc was at least as strong as a powertech, also I think merc has some mobility and cast time issues.
I agree with this. Mercs need somthing to survive PvP anyone can interrupt their abilities constantly or even always. They are just not great 1v1. I mean I have fought 1v1 fights and won, as an arsenal, but they probably just sucked as players.
Udesi: Mercenary::55
Mandaz: Powertech:55

spencerphd
04.10.2013 , 04:24 PM | #153
It is sad but true Mercs are the worst dps. I my self have a 50 merc we cant beat any other dps class. We are at the bottom of the food chain of

Aerro
04.10.2013 , 04:26 PM | #154
Clearly anyone who thinks Mercs are terrible at DPS do not know how to play the game.

We are doing astounding DPS (as we did back in 1.7). I was pulling ~2300 DPS 6 months ago. Recently came back to the game to notice a lot of buffs.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

MarkXXIV
04.10.2013 , 07:23 PM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerro View Post
Clearly anyone who thinks Mercs are terrible at DPS do not know how to play the game.

We are doing astounding DPS (as we did back in 1.7). I was pulling ~2300 DPS 6 months ago. Recently came back to the game to notice a lot of buffs.
merc probally still is the worst class, i dont think any of its specs will be popular in rated wz. I think the class is much better now then it was though and i am playing it.
Mains: Hesrafow(smash): 55 Se'ziru: 55(mm/lethal)
^Only Dps worth playing,WTB Op Medic The Bastion
Zrarron 54 Sorcerer(scheduled for deletion)
Yudoda 54 Mercenary(perma shelfed) unsubbed/quitted until a fix

DeadDogBarking
05.27.2013 , 02:40 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by Splaktar View Post
Maybe use a PVP spec?

I wish there was a way to put all of these PVP whining threads in the PVP forum and keep them out of here.
They are frustrated and asking for help (albeit a while back), anybody who has played merc and is not a gaming god or has their head in a dark place knows why.

I have come to the conclusion from the SW story line that Bobba Fett is so good because he uses training and skill to beat his opponent not a born talent.
After 2.0 I am just starting to be able to go 1v1 with other classes without a sudden panick (also played a few others classes for a while and a ton of duels). Also as ranged you arefarther out and in some scenarios the last one standing as they go through folks and that is why you have 5-7 folks on you with a horrible death. If that happens don't pop any long cool down but spam for as much damage as possible and die and come back, why we are so much slower than other heavy armor is a pain (not the specs but while running next to others). Save the good abilities for 1v1 or game breakers. Keep track of your DPS (love electronet on DPS) also use your healing for some xtra medals and team support. it does stink that our ranged damage/heal totals are worse on avg than sorc (from checking my dps and theirs) also more people play sorcs/sages and they know how to help each other.
Also being removed at distance really makes you a good target for stealth/snipes. As far as game play that should be their target. They tend to follow the same path many times so watch for their tricks. Yes the best huttball positions are also great for pulling into fire traps etc. Pure dps gunslingers and snipes are easier to hit than the more mobile heal/hit classes(forgot names sorry). Even if you cant kill them and they can mess with your dps/medals because of evasion/trickery, they need to go and every second you put them under the gun you are helping someone else mainly the heals and those taking the node.

I love playing arsenal from a pure gameplay point of view, it is just harder. I have also noticed in my other hobbies sports. The Flyfishermen, traditional archers, telemark skiiers and single speed mtn bikers who stick with it tend to be better at their sports than their easy mode counter parts.

Gyronamics
05.27.2013 , 02:55 PM | #157
I fully agree with the... wait... Y U NECRO THREAD?
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

Pplwithnolives
05.27.2013 , 03:12 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by spencerphd View Post
It is sad but true Mercs are the worst dps. I my self have a 50 merc we cant beat any other dps class. We are at the bottom of the food chain of
Mercs were never bottom of the food chain. They most likely will never be at the bottom of the food chain. Electro net + tracer + heatseekers + fusion for massive group dot = slaughter fest. Sure it may seem like you have low survivability, but you certainly haven't played a Madness Assassin if you think you have low survivabliity......
Troll Above

Lachryphage
07.13.2013 , 09:51 AM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by Yazule View Post
if you want solo pvp play an FPS

this is NOT a solo pvp game.
Neither are FPS.

Aerro
07.13.2013 , 10:30 AM | #160
How I view it as...

Leave a merc alone and he will definitely tear apart people. Most decent RWZ groups will automatically focus a merc down real quick as it pretty much locks them down fully. A quick stun or CC on a healer and the merc is dead. You may not even have to go as far as that.

The addition to Hydraulic Overrides was nice, but that alone won't keep us from surviving. Sorcs have quite a bit of saves (sprint, shield, bubble), where as Mercs just have a few things that reduce damage taken and increases health regeneration. That is why I never got into RWZ with my Merc as I know the outcome before already getting into it.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.