Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
03.27.2013 , 10:58 AM | #581
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I want to confirm that what Dulfy stated is correct. I do want to assure you though that with any future SGRA releases it will be our goal to keep things more balanced across faction and gender.

-eric
Seriously? I'm fairly sure it's not malicious, but damn is that kind of oversight stupid.
Edit to placate the text in yellow: So, constructive criticism here - When dealing with situations like this where a long-standing lack has existed in the game, a lack that is well-documented and clearly there, WHY in the name of little baby chipmunks would you not address it in a balanced way? It's ridiculous and you guys really REALLY need to use your brains.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

CommunityDroidEN
03.27.2013 , 12:43 PM | #582 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi there!

As this is a pretty sensitive topic, it is often easy to get a tad heated in your discussions. That said, you may have noticed we have removed some posts from this thread, and would like to gently remind you all of the rules:
  • No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.
  • Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're intentionally being disruptive.

Thanks!

Lent_San
03.27.2013 , 01:06 PM | #583
Ok, that done, I'm popping in to say I'm disappointed.

So my smuggler guy shall have a flirt, but the romance is on the other side?

I think my highest Imp is 3.

Not sure what to do with that info, other than wanting them to make good with further story adds, including companion romance.

I'm off to holiday for a week, wishing you guys a Happy Easter anyway.

Tatile
03.27.2013 , 01:13 PM | #584
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
I'm off to holiday for a week, wishing you guys a Happy Easter anyway.
Have fun, Easter_San. I'd suggest staying away from the forums for a while if you want to have a happy holiday.

While many people are asking for further clarification on this, I somehow highly doubt it's going to happen :/

DarkTrooperV
03.27.2013 , 01:18 PM | #585
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Have fun, Easter_San. I'd suggest staying away from the forums for a while if you want to have a happy holiday.

While many people are asking for further clarification on this, I somehow highly doubt it's going to happen :/
*Hugs Tataile* We tried our best. I just wish it had been enough.
The Joker: They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.

Tatile
03.27.2013 , 01:27 PM | #586
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTrooperV View Post
*Hugs Tataile* We tried our best. I just wish it had been enough.
I guess there's only so much you can expect from a game studio...

Palar
03.27.2013 , 01:42 PM | #587
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I guess there's only so much you can expect from a game studio...
Especially this one. Happy Easter.

JediMB
03.27.2013 , 03:27 PM | #588
I'm... simultaneously disappointed and relieved over the recent news.

Disappointed about that there aren't at least two full romance options for either faction. Disappointed that BioWare has intentionally kept such vital information from us, just like they previously did with the information about it not being companion romances, and before that with what content the romances were going to be released to begin with.

But I'm also relieved that the choices I've made with my characters so far have paid off. My female Bounty Hunter has already had her romance with Torian, my female Inquisitor has started her romance with Andronikos, my male Smuggler has his two romances to choose from, and the female Trooper I'm currently playing with friends/family... is staying single and has already expressed disinterest in the attention she has received from men.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

SithKoriandr
03.27.2013 , 04:21 PM | #589
Quote: Originally Posted by Ohamsie View Post
I will say that this just highlights the NEED to make SGRs available to companion romances all the more, so developers need to get cracking on that!
I wouldn't say NEED. WANT for sure, DESIRE even. But it's not a NEED.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Crawelc
03.27.2013 , 04:42 PM | #590
I have followed this thread, and tried to stay out of posting in it. I am a huge supporter of the LGBT community. I have followed this thread since the last iteration. I know bioware has said SGRA is coming "soon" like they have said about many things. To be totally honest you are not helping your cause and at the risk of a warning I will say you are acting like Queens.
This is a game. The level of your complaint is basicly as relevant as the "premades are ruining regular wzs" thread in the pvp forums. Bioware has promised us smart matchmaking and proper elo ranked warzones at least as long if not longer than SGRA.
Again I support your cause in general, but some of the drama in this thread is over the top.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.