Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More merging to The Harbinger

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
More merging to The Harbinger

Whispz
03.26.2013 , 07:14 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Moriganno View Post
That's sad. On Dalborra, are the imps/reps more dominant in regular and ranked wzs?
On Dalborra in my opinion there are more Imps doing WZs but that also means more bad pugs, there is only 1 imp PvP guild thats is any good and a PvE guild which has some good PvPers in it too. Pubs have less players overall but have maybe 3 PvP guilds so on the occassion you face Pubs you normally get 2 4man premades which makes it tough.

Overall I'd say its actually pretty even in terms of results

TwilightLynk
03.26.2013 , 08:10 PM | #72
Another aussie here, started on Vornskr, got merged into The Harbinger super server during the great server mergers of 2012... never bothered to start any toons on the APAC servers since I play with a lot of friends who are from the US and UK.

My ping has always been around 179ms to 192ms and the game the PvE is still playable, you can't really notice any kind of lag at all in the game. Warzones are a different story, it can be a little frustrating if you're really into it, but I'm pretty casual about PvP and play it for fun rather than any competitive reasons.

I can understand why all of the APAC folks are so angry and I feel for all of you, but being on The Harbinger isn't THAT bad. Of course, each to their own...
-- Lynk Former
lynkformer.com

LingeringDrama
03.27.2013 , 06:54 AM | #73
Looking forward to the Aussies coming. Freshen up PvP a little! Welcome to the Harbinger!

edit: Can we have cross server rateds next? ... Please!

Maarken Harbinger Medicine Operative - Badcat PoT5 Sawbones Scoundrel

Zakmonster
03.27.2013 , 07:31 AM | #74
Aussies aren't the only people on Dalborra. The Southeast Asians will be glad to move back to a US server because it means ~200 ping instead of ~400 ping. Or at least I will.

And I'll be glad to join a WZ where no one recognizes me and kills me on sight.
The Harbinger Server: Caezia - Level 55 Vanguard / Cezia - Level 60 Powertech / Zaethia - Level 55 Guardian / Xaethia - Level 33 Scoundrel / Caedia - Level 50 Vanguard / Vaknia - Level 60 Mercenary / Xethia - Level 28 Marauder / Zaenia - Level 60 Juggernaut / Zethia- Level 38 Commando

Eggsbacon
03.27.2013 , 07:58 AM | #75
If the new mergee's like the combination of tortilla chips and hot/melted cheese, they're alright in my book.
pew pew pew pew

Nachos!

IAmViiOLENT
03.27.2013 , 11:04 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by nellosmomishot View Post
This post should be its own thread... and stickied.
Did play against Goof Troop when with Asc. Hmmm.

I never tried to get into goof troop, not sure what exactly you're talking about in that case...

I enjoy trolling people on the forums, and in game ribbing people is fun as well. As for trying to farm damage in a regs game and losing us a game? Never. Why would a pvper ever do that. I've never heard of a pvper getting bored and just trying to see if he can focus on one person exclusively over and over

Anyways, MOTION was a PvE guild and we queued in ranked a few times at the start of rwz, and did win quite a few against no name guilds, lost against cookies, goof troop, trilogy. Not a surprise, it was a bunch of people who had no idea.

I've said it before, and once again I'll say it. I don't particularly care if everyone on the server hates me, I enjoy being an ******e to the server population, and when people ask me honest questions about skill, guilds, gear, rotations, etc. I help them. You'd be surprised how many players on the server have came over and asked me to help them with parts of their class, and I've in turn invited them into mumble to discuss it with them either in pve or pvp.
Anyways, I'm not going to be playing much between now and 2.0, so I'm sure all you "real" PvP'ers can go and stop being butthurt for a while.

nellosmomishot
03.27.2013 , 12:46 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by IAmViiOLENT View Post
Anyways, I'm not going to be playing much between now and 2.0, so I'm sure all you "real" PvP'ers can go and stop being butthurt for a while.
I was going to let the overwhelming support for Arvanarr, and lack of any support for you speak for itself; but this quote tempts me too much. You condescend to the best on the server and promote yourself as the "real" pvper, yet you've only been relevant for what... a month? There's a reason you weren't on a team prior to that, it's because you couldn't compare to Ascendancy's real marauders like Vanquiss, Validictae and more recently, Slash.

You'll notice when you play on mixed tauntaun teams their DPS do more than just DPS, Vullesh, and Flexual will CC me and Oman whenever possible, yet I can't remember the last time you've ever awed or grenaded me on my healer. So stop pretending like you're the best PvPer on the whole server when the reality is you're "good enough" to get a spot on mixed teams so that RWZs happen. I offer as proof the fact that you weren't a member of any competent RWZ team until guilds could no longer fully field a team themselves.

I'll just finish with this, "real" PvPers don't need to exploit /stuck in RWZ.

Edit: I have loads of respect for the vast majority of imp PvPers in the guilds I mentioned. It's specific players that I'm editing not to mention before this post gets deleted.
Nellosmomishot - 55 Sage (Seer)
<Intrepid>
U'should Unsub - 55 Guardian (Defense)
<Adroit>

BHAvalon
03.27.2013 , 01:40 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by nellosmomishot View Post
Similarly, players like OPFOTM and Vara that exploit /stuck in RWZ get no respect either.
Are you *********** kidding me? gonna throw me into all this. Alright let me explain somethin to you, we haven't used /stuck to gain an advantage in a LONG time. last time we did use it, it almost cost us our friends in an fellow imp guild. needless to say they werent happy. After discussing with them the pros and cons of /stuck we decided if it irks some so much we'd stop. Im certain we havent used it against you in any recent relevant times. maybe back in FR's inception back in oct but i doubt you'd a hold a grudge that long.
To Anyone who hates /stuck i'd have to ask them , what happens if we ever get Xserver rateds? or maybe dalborra teams use it. Do you B1 tch out and think to yourself ,"aw i dont like it, lets not use it back and give up a competitive edge"... anyway, I just have to say back that i dont respect those sages that randomly bring up false claims in a thread about an entirely different subject.

nellosmomishot
03.27.2013 , 02:40 PM | #79
Lets go through this line by line, snipping out personal attacks and other points I won't contend.

Quote: Originally Posted by BHAvalon View Post
Alright let me explain somethin to you, we haven't used /stuck to gain an advantage in a LONG time.
Is this considered commendable to you?

last time we did use it, it almost cost us our friends in an fellow imp guild. needless to say they werent happy.
Are you surprised the people you compete against are upset to find out you're trying to cheat them?

After discussing with them the pros and cons of /stuck we decided if it irks some so much we'd stop.
What is there to discuss? It's blatantly exploiting game mechanics. If you aren't stuck, why would using the /stuck feature be used? To gain an unfair advantage by exploiting game mechanics in a way that they weren't intended. Seems pretty self explanatory, and any PvPer with integrity would not use it. This isn't PvP, it's just winning for the sake of winning. A PvPer wants competition, not to cheat his way to victory when the competition gets tough.

Im certain we havent used it against you in any recent relevant times. maybe back in FR's inception back in oct but i doubt you'd a hold a grudge that long.
No, the grudge stems from less than a month ago in an intense civil war that OPFOTM used /stuck in. The fact that you're on the same team as him, and seem to advocate for the behavior makes it relevant.

To Anyone who hates /stuck i'd have to ask them , what happens if we ever get Xserver rateds? or maybe dalborra teams use it.
I'm glad you asked. It inspired me to create this thread in the CS forum.

Do you B1 tch out and think to yourself ,"aw i dont like it, lets not use it back and give up a competitive edge"...
You had an opportunity to here to say, "Hey, I ****ed up. We're past it, refuse to use it, and consider it to be cheating as well."

Instead, you say, "Hey, I ****ed up. However, I'm completely willing to **** up again if the circumstances are right."
Nellosmomishot - 55 Sage (Seer)
<Intrepid>
U'should Unsub - 55 Guardian (Defense)
<Adroit>

Asunasan
03.27.2013 , 04:28 PM | #80
Nellos, Vara is right. Using /stuck simply falls under playing to win. If you don't know whether you opponent is going to use /stuck you place yourself at a disadvantage that you may not be able to come back from if you say you won't use it or will only use it after they do. Why would you do that to yourself? No one is going to care if you come to the forums and claim that you only lost because of a /stuck. If it isn't hacking, or no one is banned for it 48 hours later its foolish to insist that it is an exploit and swear not to use it.

I know we don't use it on this server, but if xserver ever happens and it isn't a ban able offense it will be used. Us not using it is akin to other servers not using bubble stuns or smashers in rateds.