Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Skipping bosses in FP's.


SturmUndSterne's Avatar


SturmUndSterne
03.15.2013 , 06:01 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Arandmoor View Post
This goes for people who want to skip too.

When I've run the same flashpoint 9 times, and everyone always wants to skip everything except me because it's late in a release cycle and I'm low man on the gear totem pole for seemingly the entire community...

Something has to give. New players and alts shouldn't have to beg for handouts. This isn't a problem restricted to SWTOR. It's an issue with Themepark-MMO gaming in general that it seems nobody wants to address.
And you've been told the optimal way to gear yourself up in this case.

Run story mode ops. Tionese is more than enough to succeed in those and you can (if lucky) get an entire set of *exactly what the HMFP drops* in one run.

Teliks's Avatar


Teliks
03.15.2013 , 06:35 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Arandmoor View Post
This goes for people who want to skip too.

When I've run the same flashpoint 9 times, and everyone always wants to skip everything except me because it's late in a release cycle and I'm low man on the gear totem pole for seemingly the entire community...

Something has to give. New players and alts shouldn't have to beg for handouts. This isn't a problem restricted to SWTOR. It's an issue with Themepark-MMO gaming in general that it seems nobody wants to address.
This has already been explained in this thread. You get free tionese gear, these bosses only drop tionese gear, it isnt better then what you already have. If you are in tionese, the only fight you should want to fight is the last boss, becausehe drops a columi token. If you are in columi, you should really only care about the black hole comms.

Sith-Viscera's Avatar


Sith-Viscera
03.15.2013 , 06:35 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SerDjei View Post
First of all, it's not easy to find a group for dps, if you are not in a big guild. At my playing time, it takes 1-2 hrs. And when it finally happens, this is the usual scenario: bunch of well geared fellas going fast, don't wait for anyone, skip all possible bosses (especialy at "The Battle of Ilum")... And if u do something wrong (nobody care, that it's your first time here), they vote-kick you out of a group. I mean, i get it, when group gets a terrible player, who pulls all mobs in the area... But i'm not like that, i just don't know the path on 2-3 fp's, where i never were. But how can i gear up, if nobody wants to fight bosses? Forget about bonuses in 10-49 fp's, ain't nobody got time for that. But I just think, that it's not supposed to be like that, that ppl just take advantage of texture errors and bugs. And it needs fixing imo.

Sorry for my bad english.)
I concur, Same stuff happen to me before i made it to lvl 50. I got where i didnt do FP or OPS till lvl 50 by then i made enough credits to buy mods and gear to put them in to, so i kinda didnt need FP gear but it would be nice to experience the full FP and OPS in this game. I mean Skipping over every thing to get to the end just sucks, because for the new players and some thrill seekers, Playing Full FP and OPS is The fun and what gives a bit of Spirit to this Star Wars Game

Stressfire's Avatar


Stressfire
03.18.2013 , 02:47 PM | #24
My first run in Battle of Ilum was on HM - was honest with the group about my noob-status. They were patient and showed me the way through. Yeah, we skipped a lot, but I already had my Tionese (which they explained when I asked why we were skipping so much).

Since then I've done both the full run and the 12-minute version. I go with whatever the group wants to do.

Isaacone's Avatar


Isaacone
03.25.2013 , 03:17 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ekwalizer View Post
There are a number of things you can do.

The first thing is inform the group at the beginning that you are unfamiliar with the FP. I have never, not one time, witnessed a negative reaction to someone saying that.

Next, ask the group if they mind doing a "full run". It will be hit or miss on this one. I never mind doing a full run, but reactions vary. As pointed out, you should be in full tionese anyway, for free.

If gearing up, is your priority then queue for Operations. Use the Blackhole comms you get at the end of the Ops/FPs to further gear up.

I don't know which AC you are, but if you are not Mara/Sent or Sniper/Slinger, you can consider talent respeccing into Heals or Tank. Doing that will drastically reduce the time you spend in a FP queue.
Ive been kicked for being unfamilier with a operation,

Isaacone's Avatar


Isaacone
03.25.2013 , 03:31 AM | #26
A couple things. first of all one of my fellow guild members got kicked in hammer station for needing an item that he needed. It was medium or heavy gear for a warrior and the people were ***** towards him saying oh thats not the gear you use but it is the gear he needs.
I hate when everyone always wants to run and not take the advantage of the extra xp and things we could get from the bonus boss. I also hate when its my first time doing a flashpoint and everyone wants to skip the cutscenes which I want to watch because ive never done the fp before. and then of course I get kicked from groups just because I haven't done an operation and dont know the boss fights. How am I supposed to know the boss fight if I don't do the operation.

NrDLeipe's Avatar


NrDLeipe
03.25.2013 , 03:34 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Isaacone View Post
Ive been kicked for being unfamilier with a operation,
wich server is this? and what fractions? ( heard republic does it often on tofn )

But ye im a skipper too, but i always wait at certain points till everybody made the skipping part and if needed i jump in to tank mobs if pulled by accedent.
especially now with alot of new 50s under geared etc , only moment i kick ppl from the group is a very long afk, or when they play like complete idiots, if ppl are willing to listen and learn i dont mind being inside a couple more minutes no reason to kick a new person to the fp if they dont know it yet
The wrath of the empire knows no bounds
Ref link. http://www.swtor.com/r/C88CDZ

Isaacone's Avatar


Isaacone
03.25.2013 , 11:53 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by NrDLeipe View Post
wich server is this? and what fractions? ( heard republic does it often on tofn )

But ye im a skipper too, but i always wait at certain points till everybody made the skipping part and if needed i jump in to tank mobs if pulled by accedent.
especially now with alot of new 50s under geared etc , only moment i kick ppl from the group is a very long afk, or when they play like complete idiots, if ppl are willing to listen and learn i dont mind being inside a couple more minutes no reason to kick a new person to the fp if they dont know it yet
Its the jung Ma server in the empire

RandomXChance's Avatar


RandomXChance
03.26.2013 , 01:38 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Isaacone View Post
A couple things. first of all one of my fellow guild members got kicked in hammer station for needing an item that he needed. It was medium or heavy gear for a warrior and the people were ***** towards him saying oh thats not the gear you use but it is the gear he needs.
I hate when everyone always wants to run and not take the advantage of the extra xp and things we could get from the bonus boss. I also hate when its my first time doing a flashpoint and everyone wants to skip the cutscenes which I want to watch because ive never done the fp before. and then of course I get kicked from groups just because I haven't done an operation and dont know the boss fights. How am I supposed to know the boss fight if I don't do the operation.
You have mixed several issues here.

Most people agree that needing on an item not for you class (wrong main stat) without others saying it ok is a big no-no. if the person will not give to the person who really deserves a need I will happily agree to a vote-kick. It is not something i like to do, but it is the only way to punish someone who abuses.

I have no issues with doing all bosses and watching cutscenes in SM flashpoints. You get gear you may need and you still get XP you.need from the extra bosses, so it makes sense. I take the term "Storymode" seriously. If someone wants to experience the full story and watch the cutscenes, go ahead. As has been pointed out HM Flashpoints is very different. The bonus bosses drop Tionese, useless and everyone is level 50, so no XP. Why spend time doing it if there is no reward at all? Maybe BW should have them drop a nice wad of cash, that might get people more excited.

I was in a HM FP recently while we skipped a boss. A new player asked why not do it? I responded by asking if they still needed some Tionese crystals. They laughed and said skipping is fine. I

SWGEvictee's Avatar


SWGEvictee
03.27.2013 , 06:42 AM | #30
I imagine most of the boss skipping will end in a few weeks with 2.0. Once all the boss fights reward comms there will be a reason to slaughter them again.