Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

Zaxem's Avatar


Zaxem
03.25.2013 , 07:56 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Imstaind View Post
Well they have obviously fixed the baras fight. because when i dingeg 50 and got into a fisticuff with that dude...not only did i fail by myself, i had to bring 3 frakkin friends with me to take him out.
Baras was actually so powerfull a short time after launch that the community in here almost had to treat him like a raid boss....yeah BW im talking to you...-_-
so no...i did not have an easy time defeating this person.
really because i thought Baras was easy at launch i thought Draough or w/e his apprentices name is was alot tougher fight even noman kar i thought was harder and i started playing since day 1 of early game acess
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Arijharn's Avatar


Arijharn
03.27.2013 , 01:21 AM | #112
Why would the Emperor make the next Wrath 'immortal' if the last one rebelled against him? Seems a bit... problematic to want to just 'go through with it.' If the Emperor gave Wrath an excellent dental plan however...

I thought Baras was a lot more difficult than Thanaton or whatever his name is, force push and then force leap and then his attack or dropped me the first 3 or 4 times he did it or something and made me cry like a little ***** the first time he did it to me, the other 2 or 3 times just made me frustrated because I knew he was going to do it and he still schooled me. I actually needed stims to fight him.

Karkais's Avatar


Karkais
03.27.2013 , 02:15 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by bohleyc View Post
light sabers can block lightning yes
Lightsabers can't block lightning in my opinion. Its the forceuser that does the blocking, lightsaber would just be an extension of the body. Examples: Yoda without saber, Obi-Wan with a saber. So whether a person can block force lightning depends on the persons prowess in the force, not whether he is holding a lightsaber.

Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
For one thing, Inquisitor had the tougher opponent to beat. Baras was nothing compared to defeating Thanaton in game, if we're going to go by gameplay mechanics.
I disagree. Neither Baras nor Thanaton was a tough opponent to beat. I remember Thanaton specifically being one of the easiest opponents I had faced during the story. Despite Inquisitor being my first SWTOR character, I finished Thanaton fight at basically full health. Baras was not really any better.

Lorewise they were both prominent Darth's so there shouldn't be too much difference.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Zaxem's Avatar


Zaxem
03.27.2013 , 04:35 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post


I disagree. Neither Baras nor Thanaton was a tough opponent to beat. I remember Thanaton specifically being one of the easiest opponents I had faced during the story. Despite Inquisitor being my first SWTOR character, I finished Thanaton fight at basically full health. Baras was not really any better.

Lorewise they were both prominent Darth's so there shouldn't be too much difference.
I disagree i thought baras was a cake walk while thanaton the first time i did it on my sin took me awhile to beat it solo because of how his lighting storm spam at first my compaion keept dying on that part b4 i realized if you run around in circles he will eventually stop since you can't interrupt it lol
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Callaron's Avatar


Callaron
03.27.2013 , 05:40 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelousWang View Post
Darth Occlus = All Lightside.
Darth Imperius = More Empire loyal, rather than Darkside-Lightside.
Darth Nox = All Darkside.
Oh, wow - that's awesome! I didn't know your Darth name depended on your alignment!
A fine reason to one day roll a Light Side Inquisitor - until then, Darth Nox I am!
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Antisthienes's Avatar


Antisthienes
03.29.2013 , 02:59 AM | #116
Consindiering the way I played both, the fight wouldn't happen between Wrath and Nox, it would happen when they got back to their ships shrugging their shoulders...

DawnofAlex's Avatar


DawnofAlex
03.29.2013 , 06:26 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by SmugglersLuck View Post
Nox has life draining abilities as well as lightning. Ignoring game mechanics, I think Nox would be able to defeat the Wrath given that he/she manages to keep reasonable distance.
But that's why we Warriors have Force Charge! Just jump at the Inquisitor and cut him/her to tiny little Sith-Flakes, then sell those at the nearest Supermarket for 1,99 Credits!
Let's play a game of Family Friendly Force Choke!

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
03.29.2013 , 08:42 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
Oh, wow - that's awesome! I didn't know your Darth name depended on your alignment!
A fine reason to one day roll a Light Side Inquisitor - until then, Darth Nox I am!
Darth Imperius is Lightside...Occulus is Neautral...Nox is Nox is Darkside.

Im not so sure its Empire leaning, as my Inquisitor was lightside but kept picking options the Empire hated.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

TDGKills's Avatar


TDGKills
05.23.2013 , 10:07 PM | #119
I believe Darth Nox would be able to defeat the Wrath. For one, so long as Darth Nox has the Sith ghosts inside of him/her, they are unkillable (although if their head was chopped off that might hinder them a little). Also, Nox already had a strong connection to the Force, but the ghosts increased the connection a hundred fold. The Wrath needs to get close to Nox to maximize damage output with his lightsaber, but that is difficult when Nox is shielded by lightening and when Nox is zapping the Wrath with electricity. It may not be fair, but then again, Nox and the Wrath are Sith lords, they aren't supposed to play fair. Also, would we be including companions into this epic battle?

JamagsAwesome's Avatar


JamagsAwesome
05.29.2013 , 08:21 PM | #120
I've thought about this myself.

NOX: For one thing, he can't die. Also, he knows so many rituals that he could probably just enslave the wrath. Also, think about just how many Sith tried to kill him. He just wouldn't die.

WRATH: his position is respected, that's all. He defeated a Sith who couldn't even make a Republic agent talk. As I recall Jadus was second to the Emperor.

The Wrath is no chump, but Nox could at the very least outlast him.
JakSkenn (Gunslinger, Ebon Hawk, Delta Company), Ja-mags (Knight, Ebon Hawk, Delta Company), Rikynn (Trooper, Ebon Hawk, Delta Company), Octavioss (Assassin, Red Eclipse, Brotherhood of the Empire), Various products of Altaholism.