Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

dirty little secret---slicing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
dirty little secret---slicing

alerum
12.21.2011 , 07:05 AM | #21
oh sweet!!

Zannis
12.21.2011 , 07:06 AM | #22
A profession that prints its own money is a bad idea. I sit on my ship and send my companions out on Slicing missions while I'm watching TV.

Slicing will always be impossible to balance. Nerf too hard and you've created a useless profession. Buff too high, and credits become meaningless.

Soulchilde
12.21.2011 , 07:07 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBlackDragon View Post
LMAO

This is sandbox there is no real economy, play EVE and then argue that this games economy is unstable
Still play EVE with a huge Corp and I know economy. Btw, no game can compare with EVE economy, so bringing this up here doesn't change the fact the excess money drives up prices

Jelhon
12.21.2011 , 07:07 AM | #24
without slicing i've not had ANY money issue and still maned to get piloting and mission skills/crafting to my level easily.

bought extra rows on bag and helping guildies who didn't realise the 40k for piloting was needed for stap.

ObiQuixote
12.21.2011 , 07:08 AM | #25
This is sad news.

If it's bad as people are saying, level 50's with 5 mil from slicing without really working at it, this is going to screw up the in game economy as bad as a credit dupe.

If they don't jump on it quick it will be a long hard road to bring it under control.

Looks like another lack of MMO experience issue for the devs

brokentelevision
12.21.2011 , 07:08 AM | #26
sigh, wait till people hit 50. Wait till things like purple crafting mats start selling for way more then anything slicing will get you.

Slicing is only profitable now because those that speed leveled to 50 have nobody to sell things to. Nobody to sell crafted gear, nobody to sell crafted medpack, stims or adrenals and nobody buying mats.

Even at low levels nobody buys stuff because of the massive massive stigma against the GTN. I haven't used it myself and frankly I've avoided it purely on hearsay of how bad it is.

TheBlackDragon
12.21.2011 , 07:15 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Soulchilde View Post
Still play EVE with a huge Corp and I know economy. Btw, no game can compare with EVE economy, so bringing this up here doesn't change the fact the excess money drives up prices
This game was never made with an economy in mind, if prices get inflated then so be it, everyone can just take up slicing if being poor bothers them that much
Digital Download VIP who didn't waste money on a $70 Malgus Barbie doll

Mandrax
12.21.2011 , 07:17 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by brokentelevision View Post
Even at low levels nobody buys stuff because of the massive massive stigma against the GTN. I haven't used it myself and frankly I've avoided it purely on hearsay of how bad it is.
I use it, people are using it because I've been selling LOTS of crafted gear for levels 20 and below. I can only make stuff for levels 20 and below, but everything sells out within a few hours.
Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space...

Ashanor
12.21.2011 , 07:29 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Actually.. They need to un-nerf it.. Stuff is very expensive now.. 20k for your second row of pack storage, 40k for another tab in your cargo hold, 40k to train for speeders. (That doesn't include cost of speeder.), ever increasing cost of training, ever increasing cost of sending your companions out to level your crew skills, Increasing cost of misc. mods and gear..

There are a lot of credit sinks in this game.. I am lvl 21 and I am nowhere near the 40k for my speeder or upgrading my cargo hold.. I have bought 1 row of pack space for 5k.. Next row is 20.. No clue what the row after that is..

So no.. They need to un-nerf it.. Either that or I need to learn to use the GTN..
Things are only so expensive because this ability has existed, previously in even more powerful forms. They need to reduce costs, slicing in no way should be a requirement.

Arkhell
12.21.2011 , 07:56 AM | #30
i made about 40k total from bio,scav,UT and putting stuff on the GTN, dont see a problem with slicing.

lvl 18 btw.
my Lightsaber goes PZZZZZZZ stabbedy stab stab pzwwwb and you're dead