Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

elitenz
03.26.2013 , 07:24 PM | #3831
Quote: Originally Posted by Avatarless View Post
The main peeve I have is losing all my Legacy levels and having to start them over again. Legacy does not transfer, at least it didn't when we transferred over to the Oceanic servers once they went live.

So it's not just the lag increase.
The legacy system will transfer with a merge no doubt about it.

SunfirePhenix
03.26.2013 , 07:25 PM | #3832
Quote: Originally Posted by AndbeKeper View Post
Hello Eric.

Couple of points, both relating to communication.
Firstly, while you may have raised this in the forums, I'm sure you know that not all customers participate in the forums. For example, this is the first time I've posted since I had an issue back at the APAC launch. So by only only asking for opinions on the forums would not have reached everyone playing on the APAC servers and would have not been able to find out their preferred option. Therefore, your claim that transfers to US servers was the preferred option of your APAC customers is not on solid ground. I occasionally read the forums and never saw the survey.

Secondly, you haven't actually informed your APAC customers of this decision, except via a forum post. I haven't received a email informing me of the change; you haven't put a notice on the launch screen. Given that you are significantly altering the service you are providing and that your subscribing customers pay in advance for that service, I believe that you should be informing them as soon as possible so they can make an informed decision about continuing to subscribe.

As for my personal view on this announcement: I've really enjoyed playing SW:ToR for the past year. It's helped me get through some tough times. One of the nice things was that my ping times were not 200-400 ms behind the majority of players, like it is in WoW. In WoW, the extra lag does affect performance, which affects not just myself but those of my group, in both PvP and PvE play. I haven't played SW:ToR on the US servers, but if the effect of the additional lag is the same as it is in WoW, then I will have to seriously reconsider my continued subscription. I don't want to be a drag on my team so I'm not sure I'll be able to continue playing in groups, which leads me to consider if it is worth continuing my subscription.
good point dude
APAC CONSOLIDATED SERVER EVENT
7th April 2013, 5PM AEDT Dalborra - www.zer0ping.com

Sign the petition http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ignatures.html

OGsam
03.26.2013 , 07:27 PM | #3833
Still looking for a revert of this botched decision. I've never been one to talk all the doom and gloom of unsubscribing and all that. Rest assured I will never purchase a BW/EA game again and I will unsub both my accounts if this goes down.
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

Matty_X
03.26.2013 , 07:29 PM | #3834
Quote: Originally Posted by Elysiah View Post
I have 3 50s on gav. That place is very *********** quiet/dead.
Couldn't be happier along with some of my mates who share my opinion.
Then, no offense to you, but that was your and your friends view, then you should have rerolled on a different server with a bigger population.

But never mind... what's done is done. I'm sick of this arguing about this and just accepting fate, sad and disappointing as it maybe. Oh well... nice to have played this game anyway.

Elysiah
03.26.2013 , 07:36 PM | #3835
Quote: Originally Posted by Matty_X View Post
Then, no offense to you, but that was your and your friends view, then you should have rerolled on a different server with a bigger population.

But never mind... what's done is done. I'm sick of this arguing about this and just accepting fate, sad and disappointing as it maybe. Oh well... nice to have played this game anyway.

Not to say this game isn't fun but I'm happy with the characters I've leveled already.
And seeing as there are no paid char transfers I can't move them to a populated server.
The thought of re-rolling another character is not appealing to me in the slightest way.
Sure a merge between apac servers might be okay but let's face it, the decision has been made.
I highly doubt all the crying and whinging and petitions will change anything.
The Aussie servers are just not worth being kept on to eaware.

Matty_X
03.26.2013 , 07:37 PM | #3836
Quote: Originally Posted by jackdaley View Post
You're the first GD person that I know of is against it, and im sure there's others but sorry 10 people out of 50 isnt that much lol
Times the so-called "10 people" by ten and you'd have right number (or round about 100 at least), not to mention the amount of people talking about it on the independent Gav Daragon forum. Since you've resorted to play ground bullying with the last bit of your comment, it's no point in defending my opinion if you're just going to make fun of it.

This will be my last post/reply on this topic and I'm going to leave it there.

Corsiero
03.26.2013 , 07:37 PM | #3837
I had no problems with Gav Daragon's population. I liked farming Black Hole dailies without my rotation being interrupted. I had plenty of things to do and I play up to 40 hours a week. I would've accepted an APAC superserver not a US transfer. If the transfer is going ahead anyways can I pick which one I go to?

OGsam
03.26.2013 , 07:42 PM | #3838
Quote: Originally Posted by Corsiero View Post
I had no problems with Gav Daragon's population. I liked farming Black Hole dailies without my rotation being interrupted. I had plenty of things to do and I play up to 40 hours a week. I would've accepted an APAC superserver not a US transfer. If the transfer is going ahead anyways can I pick which one I go to?
No you can't. Apparently it's what YOU wanted though. Apparently it's what we ALL wanted. Read what Musco said. I can't believe they won't even come out and just be STRAIGHT with us. They have the gall to tell us this is what we want and what we asked for. Why bother spending months asking us for "Our feedback" when all they did was ignore it anyway.

If you had to compile a list of 5 possible options according to the people they have chosen the very bottom of that list.
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

Jonnara
03.26.2013 , 07:44 PM | #3839
They need to give us some leeway to transfer to our server of choice.

I do not want to go to Bastion, i need to go to harbinger so i can send my 1.5mil white saber crystals to my new main there
Proud Member of the Master Dead'Nada Server

aVmuse
03.26.2013 , 07:45 PM | #3840
Quote: Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
Why bother spending months asking us for "Our feedback" when all they did was ignore it anyway.
#muurriccaannn