Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jackdaley's Avatar


jackdaley
03.26.2013 , 06:31 PM | #3801
Quote: Originally Posted by PPAlien View Post
Can't help but notice Elysiah, you post a similar post to this every few pages. We have 300 people who disagree with you so far and this is increasing steadily during hours APAC is actually awake. What factual numbers do you have to back up your pessimistic trolling?

SIGN THE PETITION TO KEEP A LOCAL MERGED SERVER IN APAC
The fact that SWTOR has "2 million" players according to EA, what percentage is 300 of 2 million? Exactly

Dire-Wolf's Avatar


Dire-Wolf
03.26.2013 , 06:32 PM | #3802
I hate all the players who had a cry about the population. Go play with a couple friends, there's your damn community. You don't need 1000 people running around the fleet to have community. You know what 1000 people running around the fleet is? It's not community, it's 1000 people running around who don't give a damn about you and don't want to talk to you.

Ping > population. This game's better as a single player game, and you've ruined that with all your crying. Thanks a freaking lot. You've ruined the game for oceanic players you little population babies, hope you're happy.

jackdaley's Avatar


jackdaley
03.26.2013 , 06:33 PM | #3803
Quote: Originally Posted by Matty_X View Post
You haven't talked to people on the Gav Daragon server, haven't you. I am a regular on this server and as far as I'm aware or that I know, most of the players are unsubscribing or are about to unsubscribe from SWTOR, when (or if) this happens. Most people don't want to, but that's the price of Bioware's stupid (and downright crazy) decision.
You're the first GD person that I know of is against it, and im sure there's others but sorry 10 people out of 50 isnt that much lol

Aurojiin's Avatar


Aurojiin
03.26.2013 , 06:41 PM | #3804
Quote: Originally Posted by jackdaley View Post
Have you actually played on US server during our prime time? on the harbinger it had 180 people on the fleet > less than 100 on Dal stats dont lie dude just accept it

But you wont because your butthurt and will Rant and Rant you shall but my friend EAWARE have made their decision and you are either going to be forced to play on the harbinger or just QQ and unsub either way you're illogical whining won't make any difference at all so just give up pls kthx
It takes a very miserable, bitter sort of person to take delight in the unhappiness of others. You are just a very small man, in mind and spirit, and for that you have my genuine pity.

Feel free to affirm my statements by responding with more attempts to antagonise, demonstrating your poor literacy and desperate need for attention.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

Elizeth's Avatar


Elizeth
03.26.2013 , 06:42 PM | #3805
Quote: Originally Posted by jackdaley View Post
You're the first GD person that I know of is against it, and im sure there's others but sorry 10 people out of 50 isnt that much lol
Go back through the pages and you will find them.
'Disappointing' is not a valid criticism.

darthnish's Avatar


darthnish
03.26.2013 , 06:46 PM | #3806
hi please embrace the change, i already have, playing with a higher ping is what all non us residents are used to, if you really are threatening to quit and go to a different mmo, you will have the same ping. Which makes your threats about unsubbing over bad ping seem even more silly.

aVmuse's Avatar


aVmuse
03.26.2013 , 06:47 PM | #3807
Quote: Originally Posted by jackdaley View Post
Have you actually played on US server during our prime time? on the harbinger it had 180 people on the fleet > less than 100 on Dal stats dont lie dude just accept it

But you wont because your butthurt and will Rant and Rant you shall but my friend EAWARE have made their decision and you are either going to be forced to play on the harbinger or just QQ and unsub either way you're illogical whining won't make any difference at all so just give up pls kthx
And? What does that extra 90 people add? We choose the oceanic servers because the ping would be better and the chance the population would be a lot lower then the US, you don't seem to understand that. We knew the consequences of our choice and we are living with those choices fine, just the incredibly ignorant and loud minority group your in just seems to happy that you can't make up you're mind and letting biofail do that.

aVmuse's Avatar


aVmuse
03.26.2013 , 06:48 PM | #3808
Quote: Originally Posted by jackdaley View Post
Lol anything less than 5000 is a minority and barely noticable at all by big companies like EA

But for devils advocate i'll do the math EA reports 2 million players you say 300 that is like 0.003% uhh yeah sorry not even worth looking at
If there is more then more then 5000 online people playing now across all servers I would be surprised.

Macropodmum's Avatar


Macropodmum
03.26.2013 , 06:49 PM | #3809
I've just gone and seen for myself ....Dalborra 40ms as opposed to an average of 250ms on the Harbringer (the lowest it got to was 179). Sorry Bioware you have just lost another sub
Isbish ~ Light of the Empire Harbinger

Aurojiin's Avatar


Aurojiin
03.26.2013 , 06:51 PM | #3810
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
hi please embrace the change, i already have, playing with a higher ping is what all non us residents are used to, if you really are threatening to quit and go to a different mmo, you will have the same ping. Which makes your threats about unsubbing over bad ping seem even more silly.
It's not silly at all, in two possible cases:

1. People like me, who simply won't play another MMO. I didn't play them before SWTOR because of the connection, and I won't play them after with a good local server option either. Of course, I came from 6 years of heavy Counter-Strike playing, so I will never waste my time with overseas connections.

2. People who (SHOCK HORROR) actually prefer other MMOs. I guarantee some APAC players have only stuck with SWTOR because it offers something other MMOs don't: a good quality connection. In the absence of that carrot, why not play something you prefer?
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin