Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthBloodloss
03.26.2013 , 01:19 PM | #1701
How can 1 person do all the balancing by themself? Its not going to be possible unless he plays all 8 classes on a regular basis, or did at one time.

"Well, I'm pretty sure this class is ok. I asked my buddy who plays one and he said they are fine."
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

MarkXXIV
03.26.2013 , 01:33 PM | #1702
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
How can 1 person do all the balancing by themself? Its not going to be possible unless he plays all 8 classes on a regular basis, or did at one time.

"Well, I'm pretty sure this class is ok. I asked my buddy who plays one and he said they are fine."
the classes are pretty balanced besides merc, pyro powertech, and rage jugg. Some trees need to be fixed but every class has at least one good spec for pvp except merc.

SpaniardInfinity
03.26.2013 , 01:38 PM | #1703
Quote:
I definitely have a team that supports me, brainstorms with me, and tests with me, but I do all of the design, implementation, and balance for all of the classes by myself. It is a daunting task.
Sweet Mother of Spanish God, I'll help you for free and you can take all the credit. I'm sure the same could be said of many suggestions for this AC and the other 7.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

Jenzali
03.26.2013 , 01:38 PM | #1704
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post

To give him some credit, he's doing a phenomenal job for one person. If you've played any other MMOs you know that even despite the issues with Merc/Commando the overall balance in this game is light years ahead of most others even if they have entire teams dedicated to "balance".
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

ArchangelLBC
03.26.2013 , 02:08 PM | #1705
That's of shockingly small comfort to me if I'm honest.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

evilmoka
03.26.2013 , 02:20 PM | #1706
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
To give him some credit, he's doing a phenomenal job for one person. If you've played any other MMOs you know that even despite the issues with Merc/Commando the overall balance in this game is light years ahead of most others even if they have entire teams dedicated to "balance".
I tend to disagree. Smashers etc can almost take on 2 lesser classes even with the same gear. So many defensive/damage mitigation abilities plus insane dmg. They are at least 50% stronger than any other class atm, even powertechs. This could easily be quick patched by reducing smash damage by half. 4k for an instant attack is plenty. My commando in full expertise gear and ewh and augs has only crit low 4k for a 5 grav round demo round AT BEST. This is after 3x 1.5 second casts.

<< I can understand these types of things being around for a month or two while people get geared. Any more than that, there is absolutely positively no excuse for not having a quick fix.>>

The answer? Simple. "That guy" plays the class that is redonkulous and ignores all feedback to tune it down. Then "that guy" gets tired of said class and another class is magically OP. This is the evolution of most MMOs (actually all). It's called CORRUPTION. Same thing as our government, people who abuse their power for self gain. The people have voted and made it clear what to do for months. There is NO excuse.

TUXs
03.26.2013 , 02:35 PM | #1707
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Noticed that too did you? It gives me slightly more sympathy for him....but only slightly.
Don't worry about Austin...he has Metrics to help him out too. I think Metrics may be Austin's boss, because every change Austin makes seems to be due to him.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

cashogy_reborn
03.26.2013 , 02:46 PM | #1708
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Don't worry about Austin...he has Metrics to help him out too. I think Metrics may be Austin's boss, because every change Austin makes seems to be due to him.
this would make me laugh it wasnt true
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC
03.26.2013 , 02:57 PM | #1709
It's funny BECAUSE it's true.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

TUXs
03.26.2013 , 03:06 PM | #1710
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
It's funny BECAUSE it's true.
Remember that time when Metrics told Austin that Mercs/Mando's were fine and then, like months later, Metrics was all like "oops, I counted trash mobs as part of the Mando/Merc DPS #'s in Ops lol"...I bet they have a good laugh over that still. That was funny.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)