Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 and pve gearing

Khevar
03.22.2013 , 03:25 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
Now I am depressed. I followed your link to here. . I will soon be playing a endurance heavy sawbones tank by the looks of those stats.
Yeah, on the PTS I geared up Guss Tuno in stock Arkanian Scoundrel healer gear (with the free clicky-geary panel) and he had 30k health when I was done. !!!
Quote: Originally Posted by WaldoA View Post
To think that level 55 greens are going to be better than the likes of BH and campaign (I believe)
Uh huh.

Read Chris Schmidt's take on this.

Sydexlic
03.23.2013 , 12:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
well that's sucks.

instead of new content we get level upgrade which makes all of our previous achievements obselte...

the sheer pain of re-gearing my toons.. going to stick to one toon from now....
Welcome to every gear based MMO when a new expansion is released, since 15 years ago and Everquest.

AshlaBoga
03.23.2013 , 02:44 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sydexlic View Post
Welcome to every gear based MMO when a new expansion is released, since 15 years ago and Everquest.
Actually it's not that bad.

DG = new Tionese
Arkanian = new Columi
Underworld = new Rakata
FEAR REMAINS ETERNAL, Jung Ma server
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

FlyinSpaghetti
03.23.2013 , 03:53 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Actually it's not that bad.

DG = new Tionese
Arkanian = new Columi
Underworld = new Rakata
Actually:

66 Blues/148 rated= New Tionese (minimum for stepping into level 55 flashpoints)
DG/150 rated = A little better than the new tionese but obsolete, just something better to do L55 flashpoints with.
66 Purples/Basic gear/156 rated = New Columi (minimum for stepping into L55 SM ops)
Arkanian/Black market/162 rated= New Rakata (minimum for stepping into L55 HM ops)
Underworld/Verpine/168 rated= New Campaign (BiS and will probably be minimum for stepping into TFB NiM).
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

AshlaBoga
03.24.2013 , 12:38 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
Actually:

66 Blues/148 rated= New Tionese (minimum for stepping into level 55 flashpoints)
DG/150 rated = A little better than the new tionese but obsolete, just something better to do L55 flashpoints with.
66 Purples/Basic gear/156 rated = New Columi (minimum for stepping into L55 SM ops)
Arkanian/Black market/162 rated= New Rakata (minimum for stepping into L55 HM ops)
Underworld/Verpine/168 rated= New Campaign (BiS and will probably be minimum for stepping into TFB NiM).
Despite the [Artifact] gear being better than DG, I think I'm going to keep 2 of my DG armourings for the set bonus - at least until I've got some Arkanian - decreased CD on my Innervate is something I'm used to.
FEAR REMAINS ETERNAL, Jung Ma server
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

uniz
03.26.2013 , 08:06 AM | #16
Actually:

correct

the 66 mods are level 53 and can be crafted. actually it is the level 53 crafted mods. meaning that by 55 you should be geared up with purple 66s and ready for 55 hms.

the question now is will players "kick" those "under geared" with level 50 gear from the new 55 hm and ops like they do now? some of the end bosses were challenging with the given 69 gear on the pts. i cant imagine a group of geared 63 with 5k-7k less hps trying to compete on some such bosses. perhaps karma will seek revenge on some of these previous gear kicking snobs.

Astaldoath
03.26.2013 , 11:13 AM | #17
To think that level 55 greens are going to be better than the likes of BH and campaign (I believe)
yeah thats a little fcking retarded

Khevar
03.26.2013 , 02:25 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Astaldoath View Post
yeah thats a little fcking retarded
This claim that green 55s are going to be better than BH/Campaign is silly. Now, I can't definitively check this until 2.0 drops (Makeb was a closed beta), but let's take a look at facts:

Green -> Blue -> Purple ratings go up 10 points.
Green level 49 (106 rating)
Blue level 49 (116 rating)
Purple level 49 (126 rating)

Black Hole gear is 146 rating
Dread Guard gear is 150
Level 55 purple gear is 156

This would put green 55s at 136 rating, which is worse than Black Hole/Campaign.

So until 2.0 drops live, and you actually get a level 55 green drop, why do players like you and WaldoA gossip about "level 55 greens are better than BH" on the forums?

pan_sObak
03.27.2013 , 12:49 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Green -> Blue -> Purple ratings go up 10 points.
Green level 49 (106 rating)
Blue level 49 (116 rating)
Purple level 49 (126 rating)

Black Hole gear is 146 rating
Dread Guard gear is 150
Level 55 purple gear is 156

This would put green 55s at 136 rating, which is worse than Black Hole/Campaign.
Sorry for silly question
But now fresh 50s get a Tionese set which is much better then any green and blue 49-50lvl items they got through lvl-ing
Will be Tionese enough to go right to Makeb? Or fresh 50s should start grinding for Classic comms to gear up to BH|Campaign and only then go to Makeb story?
What's the minimum gear lvl for starting Makeb? Will fresh 50s be able to go straight to 55 smoothly with their 49-50 blue items?
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Seer 55, Guns 55, Vang 55, Commando 55

Craft: Bio 450, Cyber 450, Arm 450, Armor 450, Art 450, Syth 450- no use of them!

Darth-Mailman
03.27.2013 , 03:47 AM | #20
Actually:
this is just not true..

The L55 Sm ops can be perfectly done in DG(63) gear..
Failure is allways an option.