Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Overview of Makeb, Macrobinocular and seeker droids

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Overview of Makeb, Macrobinocular and seeker droids

Iwipe
03.26.2013 , 10:00 AM | #1
Hey everyone, now that Makeb's NDA have finally lifted, I want go give you guys an overview of the planet Makeb, macrobinocular& seeker droid missions, and some of the new dailies/reputation attached along.

I wrote up an overview of the contents you can read up here and included some videos of some of the more unique/challenging content you can expect

http://dulfy.net/2013/03/26/swtor-ma...roids-preview/
  • A Heroic quest in Nar Shaddaa involving a long car chase where you have to jump between moving cars high above the Nar Shaddaa skyline
  • A long and elaborate path to a +10 endurance datacron on Makeb where you have to trek through narrow beams and make diffcult jumps.
  • I have also attached most of the Empire Makeb storyline (the last cutscene in the series is still uploading).I will upload the Republic storyline in the new couple days. I think it is good to have a watch through the story of the faction you are not playing immediately to just get a sense of the overall bigger picture.

This is just a basic overview, I do have more comprehensive guides for all the Makeb missions, macrobinocular & seeker droid,and dailies etc written for your use on April 9/14. Some are available now if you want to read though but most of it won't make much sense until you get to do them.

Overall, I think that is a ton of excellent content for such a low price tag. It can compete nicely with some of the boxed expansions from other MMOs with much higher price tag. The story is amazing and they really stepped up a notch in creativity all the jumping and puzzles.

Some common concerns
  • Seeker droids are not as bad as they sound. They are alot easier than the HK-51 components and in most cases I found the stuff I needed within 5-10 minutes. If you want to get the rare components needed for the GSI reputation speeders though, you may need to do some serious digging.
  • As long one person in your group successfully make each jump sequence in the Nar Shadda heroic, everyone else can take a speeder to the next platform (I pretty much fail each jump sequence at least 5+ times, sometimes even 20 so don't feel bad if you struggle with it).

oredith
03.26.2013 , 10:17 AM | #2
i swear, you must not get any sleep with the amount of work you put into these guides.. :P

my guildies and I thank you.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

Rafaman
03.26.2013 , 10:21 AM | #3
My guildies and I bow to you Dulfy.

And you do know you will be our one stop resource for Makeb when the day comes right? Better make sure your providers servers are up to snuff. Lol!

Hyfy
03.26.2013 , 10:39 AM | #4
As always some good stuff from you. I don't know what I would do without you and your guides. Keep up the good work dear.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

Alec_Fortescue
03.26.2013 , 10:55 AM | #5
I need to ask: is there many new armor sets to find on Makeb or through the "treasure hunt"? What are they like? I haven't see the "peacock" and the other robot-like armor ^^' from the picture?
http://www.swtor.com/sites/all/files...creenshot3.jpg

Shoogli
03.26.2013 , 01:09 PM | #6
Hi !

I just read your binocular guide at your website but I was unable to make sure (or not) if this will be possible :

Just using the binoculars everywhere on every planet, not for the quests but just to have a nice view.
Am asking this because am already "frapsing" my class stories and sometimes I use the binoculars emote here and there for the scenery, to add in a sort of "machinima" and really it would be nice if it was the case we could use them anywhere just to look at things !

Thanks !
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

LanceCorporalDan
03.26.2013 , 01:17 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Shoogli View Post
Hi !

I just read your binocular guide at your website but I was unable to make sure (or not) if this will be possible :

Just using the binoculars everywhere on every planet, not for the quests but just to have a nice view.
Am asking this because am already "frapsing" my class stories and sometimes I use the binoculars emote here and there for the scenery, to add in a sort of "machinima" and really it would be nice if it was the case we could use them anywhere just to look at things !

Thanks !
^ Same question.

As part of a mainly Trooper RP/PvP guild this would be amazing if we can look through them anywhere.

Not to mention I'd love to see some nice scenery at a different angle.

Thanks!
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

Chickensevil
03.26.2013 , 01:45 PM | #8
Yes! You can whip those binocs out anywhere! Even has the pretty cool Star Wars viewer to it... You know... Like in episode 5
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory

Shoogli
03.26.2013 , 01:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Chickensevil View Post
Yes! You can whip those binocs out anywhere!
YAY GREAT !!!

Even has the pretty cool Star Wars viewer to it... You know... Like in episode 5
Huh ??? What is that ??? You mean like the normal Star Wars way of showing binoculars like that empire (non-storyline) quest on Quesh ?

Or is it something else ?
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

LanceCorporalDan
03.26.2013 , 01:59 PM | #10
Yes! You can whip those binocs out anywhere! Even has the pretty cool Star Wars viewer to it... You know... Like in episode 5
:O woo! ty
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative