Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Suggestion] No-one likes ninja looting

Never_Hesitate
03.26.2013 , 02:57 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by RaineyDaze View Post
Consulars use focus items. Guardians use shields. Vanguards use shield generators. All of which come in with and without mitigation options, and will have stats that apply to appropriate class.

Either you are living in your own fantasy, trolling, an idiot, or you are trying to justify your actions.
Rofl so wrong.

The one living in a fantasy world/trolling/being an idiot is you

Eternalnight is right and he even explained it to you
waiting for ...

Icestar
03.26.2013 , 09:42 AM | #92
Lets get back to the OPs topic please

Quote: Originally Posted by Chiramu View Post
Blizzard did this for WoW, although people that use the armour type can still need roll on the gear even if it's an upgrade for you :<. They need to develop a way that gives the people that need it for their role, something like a higher roll or a roll that goes first over someone in a different role.

What makes ninja looting more annoying, is now people don't even care if someone is needing on everything in a group :<. That makes me so sad to be an MMORPG player T_T.
Yep, that is one fair solution to give a bonus for the matching character/item, perhaps a bonus of 50

Lirtoo
12.03.2015 , 01:41 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by SerPounceaLot View Post
1) Drop the buttons, the system allocates loot and gives the best to those who contribute most to a kill - thou for a Healer some credit for actually healing too! Nothing for players to grief about now...
Not sure if this would be fair to newcomers since they don't know the proper rotation for maximum dps to win.

Anyway, I had the same problem when I started this game; I thought "greeding" (a negative word) was stronger than needing, so I needed on everything to be fair, but got kicked ofc. When I asked why I was kicked, they explained the issue in between flaming. It was a nasty experience.

However, being screwed by real ninja's in this game is not fun at all, especially the ninja's who use master looter. Most of the pugs I've joined after 4.0 has been ninja looted by the leader. I've done many runs without winning, and then been ninja looted the tokens I've won. I would be so happy if BioWare came up with a ninja safe and a more user friendly loot system for newcomers, yes. One less thing to worry about.

LukeABDH
Today , 08:30 AM | #94
As a frequent raid leader, I'll admit this: it was tempting to ninjaloot. Extremely tempting. However, I can't be the only honest leader who won't ninjaloot even if it means not getting anything from an op at which you wiped 4 times, resulting in 100 000 credit repair bills...right?
"Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy." ~Joseph Campbell
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

wainot-keel
Today , 03:23 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeABDH View Post
As a frequent raid leader, I'll admit this: it was tempting to ninjaloot. Extremely tempting. However, I can't be the only honest leader who won't ninjaloot even if it means not getting anything from an op at which you wiped 4 times, resulting in 100 000 credit repair bills...right?
First, whoa! holy necro !

Second, if you pay 100k bill for 4 wipes then you gear was broken before you entered the instance. My merc in full 224, pays around 8k for each wipe