Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

dirty little secret---slicing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
dirty little secret---slicing

Soulchilde
12.21.2011 , 05:27 AM | #1
Wasn't nerfed hard enough. The influx of money is screwing up the economy

MajikMyst
12.21.2011 , 05:43 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Soulchilde View Post
Wasn't nerfed hard enough. The influx of money is screwing up the economy
Actually.. They need to un-nerf it.. Stuff is very expensive now.. 20k for your second row of pack storage, 40k for another tab in your cargo hold, 40k to train for speeders. (That doesn't include cost of speeder.), ever increasing cost of training, ever increasing cost of sending your companions out to level your crew skills, Increasing cost of misc. mods and gear..

There are a lot of credit sinks in this game.. I am lvl 21 and I am nowhere near the 40k for my speeder or upgrading my cargo hold.. I have bought 1 row of pack space for 5k.. Next row is 20.. No clue what the row after that is..

So no.. They need to un-nerf it.. Either that or I need to learn to use the GTN..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

kitharen
12.21.2011 , 05:46 AM | #3
Why does everyone think he needs to have sufficient money at hands to buy all the cool stuff right away when it's available. Back in the days buying a mount has been quite some achievement.
"So uncivilized..."

DarthSkullem
12.21.2011 , 05:50 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by kitharen View Post
Why does everyone think he needs to have sufficient money at hands to buy all the cool stuff right away when it's available. Back in the days buying a mount has been quite some achievement.
Entitlement. That's why.
The whole point of the money system is that you can't get everything you like instantly, you need to work for it.
I have pre-ordered the Collectors Edition, by doing this I am automatically elevated above the rank of Pleb and I am entitled to the rights of a nobleman.

Psiloz
12.21.2011 , 05:52 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Actually.. They need to un-nerf it.. Stuff is very expensive now.. 20k for your second row of pack storage, 40k for another tab in your cargo hold, 40k to train for speeders. (That doesn't include cost of speeder.), ever increasing cost of training, ever increasing cost of sending your companions out to level your crew skills, Increasing cost of misc. mods and gear..

There are a lot of credit sinks in this game.. I am lvl 21 and I am nowhere near the 40k for my speeder or upgrading my cargo hold.. I have bought 1 row of pack space for 5k.. Next row is 20.. No clue what the row after that is..

So no.. They need to un-nerf it.. Either that or I need to learn to use the GTN..
5k, 20k, 50k, 100k dunno about the last one.

Golarz
12.21.2011 , 05:54 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by kitharen View Post
It was ? Never for me. In every mmo i have played i had enough for mount as soon as it was avaible to me.
I do have sliceing here, i have something like 90k when i hit level 25. With 2 upgrades to my backpack already.
I heard that at level 50 there are skills that cost 500k to train. I don;t know how someone without sliceing will be able to train those.
Economy is broken becouse GTN is broken. There is no bid option so there is no economy. People are placeing stuff at sugested price or even lower.

icanhasraegtiem
12.21.2011 , 05:57 AM | #7
Questing 1-50 gives you all the credits you need (over 1.5M) to buy literally everything you need. Level 3 speeder, all crew skills to 400, all inventory slots, etc.

There is very little value to level a skill before level cap (besides slicing, everyone should take slicing while leveling, it is indeed broken). Slicing is nice but it's not even necessary if you don't want to bother with it. If you are broke, quest more (or pvp or space mission more) and crew skill less until later.
-Listening to people talk isn't gameplay.

Tamas
12.21.2011 , 05:57 AM | #8
lol slicing is nice. My friends at lvl 40 run around with half a mil credits and full bank/bags expanded. They waste money left and right and still earn so much they can afford anything they want...

magnuskn
12.21.2011 , 06:06 AM | #9
Oh, I don't know. If you go for full orange equip on every slot you can get, slicing becomes kinda necessary, with having to buy mods every two levels for your entire crew and yourself.
Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

Soulchilde
12.21.2011 , 06:54 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Oh, I don't know. If you go for full orange equip on every slot you can get, slicing becomes kinda necessary, with having to buy mods every two levels for your entire crew and yourself.
That's not the issue. On my server lvl 20 blues and purps are going for 10k-15k... , so for people who don't follow the forums or played during beta opening the AH and finding items WAY over-priced can be dis-heartening