Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Frustrations at level 50

Pantaro
03.26.2013 , 07:12 AM | #11
From my perspective this is not true at all,I'm sure it may happen at times tho.

I recently healed my first two story mode Operations and they were both pugs and I even told them it was my first time healing an OP. after i was in the OP than i mentioned I know the fights from a dps point of view that made them even happier.I was a lil over geared tho as well.

Reality most prefer experiance but there are plenty who want to run Operations bad enough they will spend the time to explain things or may have chat client available for pugs to use.

It's a matter of finding the right people that understand we all were new to it at some point.

I'm curious what server you are on and if your in a guild?

If your on jedi covenant,you should message me I might be able to help

parmie
03.26.2013 , 07:37 AM | #12
If you're not hard core yourself then it's a social guild not a raiding guild that you should join. Maybe my server is more friendly and I try to keep in group with guildees but I've never seen anyone kicked out of a group due to poor gear, poor gear can mean a bad player (doing silly stuff, refusing to listen to advice etc) which is a different story.

The tionese stuff helps, and you can gear a lot on solo activity, doing daily missions is the key for a first time 50, you need to be building commendations up for rakata earpieces, implants and campaign/dreadguard relics.

Pug ops can be very hit and miss, I'd stay clear unless you have at least half the team as guildees you know are good players.

AggieKasten
03.26.2013 , 08:01 AM | #13
Quote:
(although still oddly short one item... why Bioware, why give me 99 commendations to buy 100 commendations worth of stuff?)
Glad to know I'm not the only one who was frustrated by that. As it turns out though, the free pvp gear you get at level 50 comes with some good stats (aside from the expertise which is pointless in pve) so you can use some of that in a pinch. I'm modding up Lord Kallig's Double-Bladed Lightsaber so I can re-equip it when its viable :-p

FlyinSpaghetti
03.26.2013 , 08:27 AM | #14
Personally due to it being only a few weeks until RoTHC, if you're about or have dinged 50 recently I wouldn't rush into heavily gearing for stuff just yet and try to save as many comms as you can of all types.

Not only black hole and hazmat will be dropping like candy in pre 55 endgame content but any comms you acquire now will get converted to classic comms, it could mean the difference between starting levelling those 5 extra levels in a few campaign pieces instead of columi.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Frog_brains
03.26.2013 , 08:33 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AggieKasten View Post
Glad to know I'm not the only one who was frustrated by that. As it turns out though, the free pvp gear you get at level 50 comes with some good stats (aside from the expertise which is pointless in pve) so you can use some of that in a pinch. I'm modding up Lord Kallig's Double-Bladed Lightsaber so I can re-equip it when its viable :-p
the new endgame stuff is kind of a way to get rid of that bottle neck. get the implants, relics, etc from the pvp gear and equip them and get the rest of the gear from the tionese vendor. I just end up selling that gear anyway since i've got stockpiles of columi, rakatta, and blackhole gear sitting in cargo bays in legacy armour waiting for my guys to get to lvl 50. I'm right now working on my 9th lvl 50 so it's a little bit different.

In the begining when you reached 50 you needed probably 3 to 4 weeks of grinding dailies, (including space) to get enough commendations to buy/loot the item modifications to be able to do most of the HM FP's, Also the story mode lvl 50 Fp's would drop tionese gear, and commendations as well and you could do those pretty easily with the green gear from correlia.

JericGlamdring
03.26.2013 , 09:29 AM | #16
Thanks a ton for the advice and I appreciate all of it! I did have a good experience last night doing Cademimu for the first time. The guys were patient as heck. We did have a wipe but I donít think it was my fault (those dogs hit hard!).

I do have a question though. Iíve been focusing on mods more than the gear itself. For instance, instead of upgrading whole pieces of armor/weapons, Iíll just upgrade the mods it has. If I get an item I canít use, but it has an enhancement I can, Iíll strip it instead of sale it. Do worry, Iíll never need on an item just cause it has a mod I can use. Wise or not?

Also, I started playing when the only west coast PVE server available was Harbinger so that's were I'm at.

Frog_brains
03.26.2013 , 11:01 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JericGlamdring View Post
Thanks a ton for the advice and I appreciate all of it! I did have a good experience last night doing Cademimu for the first time. The guys were patient as heck. We did have a wipe but I donít think it was my fault (those dogs hit hard!).

I do have a question though. Iíve been focusing on mods more than the gear itself. For instance, instead of upgrading whole pieces of armor/weapons, Iíll just upgrade the mods it has. If I get an item I canít use, but it has an enhancement I can, Iíll strip it instead of sale it. Do worry, Iíll never need on an item just cause it has a mod I can use. Wise or not?

Also, I started playing when the only west coast PVE server available was Harbinger so that's were I'm at.
that's good because you can keep the same look and just upgrade the mods, if you're doing all the side missions you'll get more than enough commendations to keep your armour and weapons up to date. well if the item has the stats that you need then you can need on it. just be careful that if you've got multiple players make sure it's for your role. so if your a commando and there's a vanguard as well don't need on his tank gear, and he shouldn't need if its healer or dps gear for your character. if your the only one with aim in the group then anything with aim is valid for you to need on.

DarthMat
03.26.2013 , 09:09 PM | #18
The problem for me is mainly for KP, EC, and TFB when you don't know the fights. If you don't have a mic or one of the popular voice chat programs to hear how they go, some if not all of the boss fights are tedious to type out sometimes. Like others are saying, go online and watch some videos of the operations.
Most people would rather you know them instead of wiping 15 times while learning what not to do.
Vyyk 55 Sniper The Shadowlands
Aerea 55 Sorceror
Vexasi 55 Assassin
Mutatio 50 Juggernaut

TrillOG-
03.28.2013 , 02:08 AM | #19
you don't have anything to worry about. use the group finder, and run karragas palace, and eternity vault. also before that run a hard mode flashpoint or 2. youll run into some people who are what youre worried about but if youre running those, then you are there to get gear, and to learn. most people will understand that, and work with you. plus by the time you hit 50 people are going to be so overgeared its gonna be ridiculous. even more of a joke than to run in mostly dread and campaign. so itll be a great place for you to start. also read up on explosive conflict, and terror from beyond so you know what to look for, and expect in the fights. its a whole lot of fun, and in my opinion a thousand times better than leveling. especially once you start doing hm and nightmare, and all that. my phone is all jacked up so i cant use caps for some reason.