Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Roalmo
03.26.2013 , 05:10 AM | #3661
What will happen in merge:

If we go by the last merge of Euro and Ami servers.

1. Place holder toons to keep names will not always work. The toons retained names, based on time played and other esoteric factors.

2. They will never allow you to choose a different server for the merge, ever.

3. You will keep your highest Legacy, if you have toons on both servers, and all purchased/earned legacy perks for both legacies.

But, they have been known to change things in each merger, in an effort to piss off as many people as possible.

To those leaving, understandable, and good luck with future endeavors. To those of us staying... well good luck as well, we will continue to be dumped on, disrespected, and lied to.. but comes with the territory of EA/BW games.

Fknsatsu
03.26.2013 , 05:11 AM | #3662
Doesnt Australia have one of the highest per capita gamers to population, as well as disposable income for cartel coins??
BASTION: Sho'ju - Seraphic Nexus
HARBINGER: Selianne, Suzume'shindo - SnX

Themistaa
03.26.2013 , 05:14 AM | #3663
Quote: Originally Posted by Fknsatsu View Post
Doesnt Australia have one of the highest per capita gamers to population, as well as disposable income for cartel coins??
Across accounts I have spent $2800 on cartel coins. I know others who have spent more.

We are willing to pay for an aussie server even if there is only a handful of us playing on it. Give the consumers what they want EA.
Takyourmeds <Core>

Tom_the_Narwhal
03.26.2013 , 05:15 AM | #3664
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
Gotta compare Bastion to Master D and Harbinger to Dalborra.
Then compare MDN, Dalb and GavD to the others. No one cares about the play-types here. It's an insignificant thing.
Tomthenarwhal
Ihaveabiggun Issues Cicolluis Tomthenarwhal
Fioria Fanta-Pants
Gm of <Legit>

Dirtyshadow
03.26.2013 , 05:17 AM | #3665
Quote: Originally Posted by Toxicsox View Post
It would have been nice for them to try this. Something I don't understand about low APAC numbers is this. The world's biggest gaming show, PAX (the Penny Arcade Expo), will be held outside of the US for the first time later this year and of all the world's gaming cities, it chose Melbourne.
If our gaming community isn't large enough to be cost effective for them to keep our servers open it isn't because a lack of numbers of gamers in Australia.
Thats the thing... one round of mass media campaigns in Sydney and Melbourne selling SWTOR as "the only Mass Multiplayer Role Playing Game with servers in Sydney, no more pacific ocean lag" should of/would be enough to increase sales. Nope, the one thing they have over and above any MMO in the Australia and they dont mention it. Now they taking that one epic sales point away...

... there marketing department SUCKS!!! I seen more advertisement for a B grade romantic comedy that flop at the box office than I do for A grade quality games in this country. Thats sickening.

Seriously EA, try actually selling games for once!!!
__________________________________________________ ______________
Makes a multi-million dollar game and forgets to advertise it in the Australia, the countries they actually built a server for ??? Start marketing the game, viral ads, full page newspaper ads, media circus. Thats population control... new customers.

Bentaxel
03.26.2013 , 05:18 AM | #3666
My first post here, I've played since beta but I'll be unsubbing when then happens. I mainly pvp and i'm not doing that with a 250+ ping on an American server. Should have consolidated the Oceanics onto one server, another crap decision by bioware. Thanks.

HBMalachorfive
03.26.2013 , 05:18 AM | #3667
Well seeing this has sealed the fate of this game for me. If it does indeed go ahead as they plan it too then its goodbye sub. I understand why BW has gone this way and I also understand that BW are pretty much the only MMO that still have APAC servers but keeping the customers happy should be a higher priority on their list. Unfortunately they constantly seem to let us down with either content, patch timings and now this. I have enjoyed my time playing but if this does go ahead i'll be off to TESO...
Medianne - Wa'ka - Zincona - L'akre - Brancard - Kiaavi

R.I.P F O R K L I F T #PYROWORLD

Obirayy
03.26.2013 , 05:23 AM | #3668
what a bunch of cnuts! you may as well say straight up... 'we are cnuts and shutting down your server because we dont give a **** about you.'
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

Valen-
03.26.2013 , 05:27 AM | #3669
What a *********** load of ********, so basically you have toyed with us taken our money and pretended to care for once in 7 months now, with full knowledge that you did not intend to renew your lease. *********** pathetic...

Please do everyone in the Asia/Pacific a favour and go die in a fire.

Kind regards,

Someone who used to care about this game.
Dukhat - 50 Sentinel (Master Dar'Nala)

Bentaxel
03.26.2013 , 05:28 AM | #3670
Just cancelled my sub, I'm over their crap decisions.... They're quick enough to take our money but when it comes to supporting us and keeping us happy its just a big FU*K YOU from them!