Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kicked From SM FP's?

JouerTue
03.25.2013 , 07:22 PM | #21
i vote only crazy needers..never got kicked myself but they were just jerks. i healed a f2p tank with level 40 mods and greens in the heroic at the black hole. it was a bit hard and i think you must be lucky to complete a HM FP with someone with that gear but you can do any SM with just greens..

DonkeyGobbler
03.26.2013 , 03:50 AM | #22
Levelling alts at present I'm finding massive difference in game understanding/skill in lower level FPs.

My current levelling alt is DPS and I'm becoming dismayed with queuing for an hour only to discover that someone else in the group out levels the FP by five or six levels, which decimates my xp gain through out the run

zzoorrzz
03.26.2013 , 04:55 AM | #23
Well I didn't complete red reaper FP yet and I'm level 50. Still I'd like to do it at least once in SM before I start doing it HM. I just hope people in group won't be too upset about me being 5 levels above.

moonshoter
03.26.2013 , 05:11 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Athena-Nike View Post
Seems like a bad omen when a suber with legacy 47 gets kicked from a SM FP, I am afraid to know what happens to F2P'ers in FP's
It's worse some times for F2P I wont F2P will only sub but its is worse ..

moonshoter
03.26.2013 , 05:13 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
Well I didn't complete red reaper FP yet and I'm level 50. Still I'd like to do it at least once in SM before I start doing it HM. I just hope people in group won't be too upset about me being 5 levels above.
I know you may want to run it in a group but solo it at 50 or get a friend and two man it , you can take your time and look at all of it etc ,,, .. in SM ..

Just a thought ..

Kurokage
03.27.2013 , 01:15 AM | #26
I haven't been kicked before, but I've had people drop from SM flashpoints for some really ridiculous reasons. There was a need/greed argument that basically consisted of: "Gimme." "No." "Goodbye." There was a dps who thought I was a bad healer when in reality he was just a bad dps who kept attacking before the tank. There was a tank who I apparently "didn't heal well enough" even though he survived every encounter without his health ever dropping below a third or so.

I've also avoided kicking stupid people on occasion, mostly because it's just an SM FP. You know how the "Prophet of Vodal" Athiss boss spawns fireballs that chase people, and how he resets if someone gets killed, resurrects, and runs back into the room? Despite preemptively warning everybody of these two facts, we had a dps who got killed by the fireballs and then ran back in even though we already had the boss down to a sliver of health. But instead of kicking and waiting for another dps, we decided it wasn't worth the trouble and just started the fight again.

Oddly enough, all of those incidents are from the SAME flashpoint run. When we finally finished the damn thing, I vowed never to run Athiss again, or at least to never run it as the healer. That flashpoint is annoying to run as a healer even with competent players.
The Kypri Legacy - Jedi Covenant
Trysani: 60 Sorcerer | Alyann: 60 Operative
Evumei: 47 Scoundrel

JediCounsular
03.27.2013 , 01:46 AM | #27
As stated above by Kurokage, I have also seen people, for all sorts of reasons leave SM FP's...
Recently, I was unfortunate and had to PUG. I joined a group of 2 others. While waiting for a fourth, the group leader mentions that while we wait, he is going to smoke a bowl, and tells that in group chat. Then I hear the other guy respond to the group leader, letting him know he is leaving group, because he does not care to partake in it.

Personally, I have been in guild run events as well as pugged events. In PUG's, you are at the mercy of the group, only there for a few moments to an hour , hopefully less in some situations. Some PUG's can have a good group of people though, those that scream good community leaders, while others just scream.
THE COVENANT OF TYTHON ~ THE SOVEREIGN ELITE
The Ebon Hawk server, our roleplay home since March.22, 2011.

steave
03.27.2013 , 03:06 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Stressfire View Post
I have kicked exactly 1 person from an SM FP - which was a full DPS geared Jugg. It was either him or the healer who was leaving and to be fair, she was really trying to keep him up, as was I (DPS merc with support cylinder). Really only kicked him because he was nasty when we called him out on it and asked if he had any tank gear.
Hmm, probably DPS specced too then...I am DPS gearing my Guardian, and going into leveling FPs with pretty much the same gear except for swapping my focus for a shield and have never had an issue (level 47 atm), but I make sure to tank spec - the armor alone provides significant mitigation, and even just with the talents and no extra rating you get significant amounts of defense, with some basic shield and absorb, plus the accuracy debuff, and the force scream/blade storm absorb proc takes care of the rest.
Basically, take a look at his defense and if it's less than 12 you can assume he's not tank specced (from level ~25 or so, if it's not a vanguard/powertech who just get boosts to their armor and shield).

DonkeyGobbler
03.27.2013 , 03:14 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurokage View Post
Oddly enough, all of those incidents are from the SAME flashpoint run. When we finally finished the damn thing, I vowed never to run Athiss again, or at least to never run it as the healer. That flashpoint is annoying to run as a healer even with competent players.
Strangely, I've vowed never to run Hammer Station again with pugs, which is ridiculous because it isn't hard. However, the very simple mechanics of the final boss seem too much for the average levelling player and I've lost count of the amount of times I've wiped there because of sub-standard healing or dps who stand in aoe and ignore the adds.

Chiramu
03.27.2013 , 03:18 AM | #30
They could've at least seen how well you did. Was it instant? Or was it after the first boss?