Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Iceman_sith
03.26.2013 , 02:21 AM | #3571
@Eric
Let me explain something. So you take the APAC population from Master Dar'Nala and you put them on the Bastion, and what have you accomplished. You have given APAC players higher latency and a very minimal population boost of US players that play in APAC Peek time. So lets say my Guild wants to recruit players on our new server. What is going to be the major player base on in our Operation time, THE SAME PEOPLE THAT WERE ON MASTER DAR'NALA you have fixed nothing.

The option put forward by the APAC community was to merge our servers together, it might not be perfect but we keep our low ping and increase the population slightly. PvE vs PvP servers is irrelevant because world PvP is none existant in this game, you are not even rewarded for it. I am sure RP players would at least prefer to have other people to play with. US servers were merged why can't ours.

I am disgusted.
Eviros SageStulloQuo-Jin Guardian

PseudoScience
03.26.2013 , 02:24 AM | #3572
Quote: Originally Posted by BovineDeath View Post
If we go back to WoW, we will still have a NA ping, but we will be in an Oceanic community who function at the same peak times as we do and well... Just aren't so American.
Exactly! The competitive advantage that SW:TOR had in the APAC region over WoW and other MMOs was the local servers that kept me coming back - despite the lag in new content and a smaller population. I still had fun and pvp queues were still going and operations were happening. but now that advantage is being taken away I don't have much incentive to stay. I won't be going to WoW though.
APAC

Aurojiin
03.26.2013 , 02:27 AM | #3573
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

iheartnyc
03.26.2013 , 02:30 AM | #3574
Quote: Originally Posted by Paelo View Post
So in the same breathe you show yourself to be a complete twerp and then try to recruit people to your stupid guild. That's one hell of a recruitment drive there mate, good to see the calibre of clowns they'd be joining -___-
Lol at us being twerps for actually having the foresight to see this coming and wanting to play this game on a populated server.

Seriously, I'm sad to see certain players leave the game, but truth be told, I have seen 99% of my friends in the game already quit months ago so I'm used to it by now.

As for the lag, I was playing with around 200 ping my entire time on APAC and still did better than most so I just don't get this argument that the game is "unplayable." Harder, definitely. But unplayable? Dunno about that. It does truly does suck for the guys who get the really hing ping (300+), there's nothing that can be done for you.

iheartnyc
03.26.2013 , 02:31 AM | #3575
Quote: Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
I don't personally know of a single player who plans to stay in this game for the long haul now.
Well I do.

sastrainer
03.26.2013 , 02:31 AM | #3576
This is a pitiful attempt at sounding like you care about paying players of your game, if you are too lazy to give us a solution why even bother answering.

That is not a solution to the problem just a creator of bigger ones.

More people will now leave before you shut down the servers, therefore the problem will get worse.

We asked for a solution to the problem not more problems.

At least I suppose you won't have to waste your time not listening and not responding to us .

You are not fixing the problem you are making it go away.

iheartnyc
03.26.2013 , 02:32 AM | #3577
Quote: Originally Posted by Iceman_sith View Post
@Eric

You have given APAC players higher latency and a very minimal population boost of US players that play in APAC Peek time.
Actually it is a very substantial population boost. There are a lot more people on US server at AUS peak time than their are on Master D at the same time.

Quote: Originally Posted by Iceman_sith View Post
@Eric

The option put forward by the APAC community was to merge our servers together, it might not be perfect but we keep our low ping and increase the population slightly.
No, that was ONE option out of many.

In that survey, a majority would have been happy with a merger.

In that same survey, a majority would have been with server transfers.

Only 92 or so people took that survey. That surely does not speak for the APAC community as a whole.

WizardsDestiny
03.26.2013 , 02:32 AM | #3578
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKohastFel View Post
Congratulations, I just had to deal with a full quarter of my guild including some of our top ops team members announcing that they are canceling their subscriptions because the lag on a US server will be unplayable at top levels.

*slowclap*

Well done, Bioware, well done.
Just the same as me. As a Guildmaster on Dalborra my members are telling me how they're going to quit. They're not doing us harm, though. That's Bioware who's doing that. Now my Guild is paying the price.

Bioware, look at all of these posts in the forums. Surely you're not thick enough to miss the fact you've made a decision that will tear apart your community of Australian/Pacific players?
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

OGsam
03.26.2013 , 02:36 AM | #3579
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
Well I do.
Ironic how I'm not you and you're not me?
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

xxpcwizardxx
03.26.2013 , 02:36 AM | #3580
Hey Eric

I am in vote for all realm merger as dalborra is well populated and its only the other two that have low pop. I mean i can still pvp at 3 in the morning

Buf if its back to the America servers when is it going to happen? Which is better ping for us west or east coastt? And best pve realm?

Thanks
May The Force Be With You.