Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition - Save the Future of our Class Stories...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Petition - Save the Future of our Class Stories...

Damask_Rose
03.25.2013 , 08:59 PM | #21
Since I don't raid, the only reason I play is for the class stories. Since Makeb wasn't originally intended to be an expansion, it doesn't bother me that it doesn't have ch. 4. I had been holding onto the hope that ch. 4 was still in the works though for the future.

Ironic that the pre-Makeb publicity/hype that is supposed to get everyone excited is just making people depressed.
Unity 3d tutorials http://www.burgzergarcade.com/

Rincewend
03.25.2013 , 09:43 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Since I don't raid, the only reason I play is for the class stories. Since Makeb wasn't originally intended to be an expansion, it doesn't bother me that it doesn't have ch. 4. I had been holding onto the hope that ch. 4 was still in the works though for the future.

Ironic that the pre-Makeb publicity/hype that is supposed to get everyone excited is just making people depressed.
Been the nature of the game since 1.2, do some searching about who left BW around that time and it might make sense. Only sorry the failure of a CEO for EA lasted as long as he did. Wish he would of been pushed out two years ago.

zzoorrzz
03.25.2013 , 10:18 PM | #23
Wait there won't be something like chapter 4 in the update pack? I thought that would be natural thing to include there.

Bleeters
03.25.2013 , 10:44 PM | #24
I'd be lying if I said that particular nugget of information hadn't crippled my interest in playing. Class stories were and are the best part of the game for me.

I guess my operative shouldn't be expecting any calls from Ardun Kothe any time soon, then. Way to completely squander that ending, Bioware.

Rincewend
03.25.2013 , 11:20 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
I'd be lying if I said that particular nugget of information hadn't crippled my interest in playing. Class stories were and are the best part of the game for me.

I guess my operative shouldn't be expecting any calls from Ardun Kothe any time soon, then. Way to completely squander that ending, Bioware.
they are doing this like TV shows, I would suggest no one expect to see a ending other than the servers shutting down when it comes that time.

I would love to see more story and would pay to see more in expansions, but it seems that is not their focus. If you want them to do it, I suggest starting a thread in suggestion area and getting people to sign it.

Zardac_the_Great
03.26.2013 , 12:30 AM | #26
And in summary,

We are displeased.

DarthAeonis
03.26.2013 , 12:30 AM | #27
/signed
it really is ridiculous tho. for many of the stories (heavily in imperial imo) they so strongly hint at ur future. i mean they end so epically as soon as u get real power. how can u NOT go into that. unless ppl start refering to me individually this is quite upsetting
"Evil is an illusion, there is only victory."

AbsolutGrndZero
03.26.2013 , 12:43 AM | #28
Look at it this way....

Star Wars Episode IV was Luke's class story.
Empire Strikes back was the "interlude"
Return of the Jedi was all the players together fighting the Empire.

That's how it is now in this game I think.

Plus, we don't know yet if your class will matter to the story, I'm sure it will especially since I know for a fact that Lacey Chabert has lines in the expansion (since she tweeted last year that she just left the SWtOR studios recording new lines for Mako) So, if MAKO has new lines, then you can be sure other companions do too, and if companions do, then players will too.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Zardac_the_Great
03.26.2013 , 12:55 AM | #29
No, your class won't matter in the expansion, because it's being crafted to not matter.

It could have been made to where it did matter, but they decided they didn't want to do that much work. Better to get it out there.

Bleeters
03.26.2013 , 01:40 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthAeonis View Post
/signed
it really is ridiculous tho. for many of the stories (heavily in imperial imo) they so strongly hint at ur future.
Pretty much. Hell, my Smuggler ended her class story by essentially becoming the pirate queen of the galaxy. It was already jarring enough to go from "hit both empire and republic, let them both fear me" to the existing post class story content. Having that be the trend from now on is just frustrating beyond belief.

My two agents and my bounty hunter are exchanging some pretty confused glances and wondering why they're stuck working for these jerks again, too. Lol, choices.