Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PurpleCliff
03.25.2013 , 05:47 PM | #3331
Quote: Originally Posted by Elysiah View Post
Exactly dude, I'd rather play on a server that has people and suffer a ping increase. To all the people saying "**** this I'm unsubbing, why are you still here posting on the forums? If "this is the last straw" there's no need to stay and whinge. Sure merging apac servers would have been good but it's not the end if the world. At least now I can play my mains on a server that has people. Good post jack xD
Agreed. I'm upset, and not very happy with the solution they've chosen, but of course I'm still going to play and subscribe. It's a 0.1 - 0.2s ping increase and I like the game.
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

ZinBladez
03.25.2013 , 05:47 PM | #3332
Guys, its obvious now and undeniable. Their decision was not made to be the best for us and they know it. They simple dont wnat to pay for our super server. I dont see how they cant, but it s a business decision. This news really pissed me off as well, cuase i only wnat to pvp and i cant now. But when has bioware shown us any respect as customers? Why should I respect them knowing undeniably that they dont give a damn about us? I un suubbed ages ago but i still have 50days left of playing time, i shall use it well and always remmeber the epxerince of playing a game managed by bioware.

undeniably, they basically said '**** you apac players' and flipped us the bird, in a polite way but undeniable.

RIP APAC servers

SturmUndSterne
03.25.2013 , 05:48 PM | #3333
My question is this. Harbinger already has stupid lag and ridiculous amounts of server instability due to the high population. What's being done to address this, especially with the now-imminent influx of new players?

BennyKrak
03.25.2013 , 05:50 PM | #3334
I have a major concern about the implementation of these character transfers to US servers.

I have been a player and subscriber of this game since EGA back in 2011. Since then I have created -many- toons, all of which people in the Oceanic community of Dalborra recognise as being a representation of me as a player. My concern is that if we are forcibly moved to another server, the character names I chose nearly 18 months ago, the character names I have been known by and referred to, may be stripped away from me.

Some people may not see this as being a huge issue (yeah sure, it's a game, get over it - right?). But when you've played with people from your global region (firstly on Jekk'Jekk Tarr, and now on Dalborra - soon to be Harbinger), and they've played with you always under those same names and are even able to put a real life face to your character names along with the personality that goes with it, it's a little disconcerting knowing that I may lose that.

I have spoken to some people on Dalborra who, like me, have 12 or more toons that they created at painstaking length to ensure the toon looked the way they wanted and the name they chose fit. If we are forced to give those toons second-rate names that don't fit with what we first imagined, I know for a fact some people are going to unsub. Renaming my 16 toons -names that nigh on everyone from Dalborra knows me by- is NOT something I am willing to do just because BioWare decided my account has to be moved. If they want to forcibly move our server's population, the least they can do is let us keep our original character names, especially since the majority of us left on the Oceanic servers are players who have been following and supporting this game since pre-release.

Besides, if the server transfers are to help 'better our playing experience', I personally don't think that is possible if we have to go through a renaming process for every single character and then somehow figure out who all our old friends are, what they've changed their toons' names to etc. etc.

Also, keep in mind that the people who unsub for this reason are separate from those who will unsub purely due to the loss of our great community and great latency.
Krackers || Kozlovsky
The Krackers Legacy
Samurai Pizza Cats | Just Relax | Your Companion

Sydexlic
03.25.2013 , 05:53 PM | #3335
F U BW, bye. ,.|..

SpannersSF
03.25.2013 , 05:55 PM | #3336
Exactly dude, I'd rather play on a server that has people and suffer a ping increase. To all the people saying "**** this I'm unsubbing, why are you still here posting on the forums? If "this is the last straw" there's no need to stay and whinge. Sure merging apac servers would have been good but it's not the end if the world. At least now I can play my mains on a server that has people. Good post jack xD
I think the problem with both your posts is that you are trying to tell people what they should or shouldn't find acceptable, I don't really care at all that you/jack think it's fine and we should "get over it" and I'm sure you couldn't care less I find high ping game-breaking. So in my opinion it's best to stick to stating what you think and leave it at that. Whinging is just a matter of perspective, you could consider jacks entire post a whinge but because you agree with it, to you it is not.

As to the fact that... "This Thread Was Made to Address The Population Issues on The APAC Servers" I'm not sure shutting down the servers really counts as addressing APAC population issues. No servers, no issue, I suppose it works in a behead someone to cure cancer sort of way.

jackdaley
03.25.2013 , 05:55 PM | #3337
Thanks dude, these people are just need to get the sand out of their Vag and they'll be right.

"ERMMAAGERRRDD PING IS TOO HIGH, UNSUBBING DUE TO NOT BEING ABLE TO PVP COMPETITIVELY AND I WILL LOSE MY TOONS NAME AND I NO LONGER HAVE TO WAIT 1HR + FOR GP AND PVP MATCHES"

Seriously that is the message im getting from these people haha

darthnish
03.25.2013 , 05:56 PM | #3338
Quote: Originally Posted by BennyKrak View Post
I have a major concern about the implementation of these character transfers to US servers.

I have been a player and subscriber of this game since EGA back in 2011. Since then I have created -many- toons, all of which people in the Oceanic community of Dalborra recognise as being a representation of me as a player. My concern is that if we are forcibly moved to another server, the character names I chose nearly 18 months ago, the character names I have been known by and referred to, may be stripped away from me.

Some people may not see this as being a huge issue (yeah sure, it's a game, get over it - right?). But when you've played with people from your global region (firstly on Jekk'Jekk Tarr, and now on Dalborra - soon to be Harbinger), and they've played with you always under those same names and are even able to put a real life face to your character names along with the personality that goes with it, it's a little disconcerting knowing that I may lose that.

I have spoken to some people on Dalborra who, like me, have 12 or more toons that they created at painstaking length to ensure the toon looked the way they wanted and the name they chose fit. If we are forced to give those toons second-rate names that don't fit with what we first imagined, I know for a fact some people are going to unsub. Renaming my 16 toons -names that nigh on everyone from Dalborra knows me by- is NOT something I am willing to do just because BioWare decided my account has to be moved. If they want to forcibly move our server's population, the least they can do is let us keep our original character names, especially since the majority of us left on the Oceanic servers are players who have been following and supporting this game since pre-release.

Besides, if the server transfers are to help 'better our playing experience', I personally don't think that is possible if we have to go through a renaming process for every single character and then somehow figure out who all our old friends are, what they've changed their toons' names to etc. etc.
i know that feel i started in Death wind corridor back in EGA lost my awesome name of Kumar during the merge to dalborra but dude tbh though you can get over it after a while iwas kinda bummed about it, thats why now i use pokemon names to name my toons ,fi i loose one ill just use the evolved from as my new name, so snivy is either going to be renamed to Servine or Serperior \o/

PurpleCliff
03.25.2013 , 05:57 PM | #3339
Quote: Originally Posted by BennyKrak View Post

Not sure if it'll work the same way again, but last time they did merges if there was a name conflict, the character which had a longer life/playtime got to keep the name. So one possible option for you is to rack up some extra hours on your characters with names more likely to be conflicted.
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

jackdaley
03.25.2013 , 05:57 PM | #3340
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
Agreed. I'm upset, and not very happy with the solution they've chosen, but of course I'm still going to play and subscribe. It's a 0.1 - 0.2s ping increase and I like the game.
Exactly it's not that great of a solution but right now with my toons on MDN are sitting idle waiting over an hour for PVP matches 0.1-0.2 is really not that bad at all