Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can you solo Colicoid War Game?

Khevar
01.14.2013 , 05:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by greycobalt View Post
I recently hit 50, and all my buddies are still in their 30s, so I've been trying to find stuff to do while I wait. I've been able to solo Taral V and Maelstorm Prison with no issues, but I can't seem to 'survive' long enough in the first part of the war game. Is it possible and I'm just sucking? Or is a non-solo check?
Just as a comment, I would like to give you kudos for soloing TV and MP as a new level 50.

I know others have done it, but it still takes skill, especially when you're new to end-game.

Cheers.

Siorac
01.15.2013 , 08:22 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Just as a comment, I would like to give you kudos for soloing TV and MP as a new level 50.

I know others have done it, but it still takes skill, especially when you're new to end-game.

Cheers.
It really only takes patience to solo normal mode Taral V and Maelstrom Prison as a level 50. Once, just for fun, I pulled almost the entire Taral V FP after me into the room of the final boss, the army only took me down after I wiped out like half of it.

scotthabs
03.25.2013 , 03:31 PM | #13
Bump. Just tried to solo this as a new 50 guardian as per the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce0twQJioY8, and I'm stuck right at the beginning when you leap to a friendly Colicoid on the upper deck. Won't let me leap even when I'm in range, says "target cannot be charged at this time". Can anyone else replicate/confirm? Wondering if this was a sneak fix over the wkend.

Kitru
03.25.2013 , 05:18 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by scotthabs View Post
Won't let me leap even when I'm in range, says "target cannot be charged at this time". Can anyone else replicate/confirm? Wondering if this was a sneak fix over the wkend.
They fixed that a couple months back, in fact, it was just after the last few posts in this thread (1/15 was the last post before yours and they fixed it on 1/23). If you're curious, just check here. Under Flashpoints, "Friendly Colicoids in Colicoid War Game are now immune to gap-closing abilities such as Intercede."
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

ceazare
03.25.2013 , 05:31 PM | #15
There is another, very similar way to bypass the puzzle. I think it can be done with any class, but it requires excellent climbing skills.

Sorry, I'm not telling how to do it. Take it as a challenge if you will
Pelara <Titans>
The Red Eclipse

scotthabs
03.25.2013 , 05:49 PM | #16
Ha. Ty for the replies. I'm a spectacular climber. Or something. lol.

AshlaBoga
03.25.2013 , 06:38 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by scotthabs View Post
Bump. Just tried to solo this as a new 50 guardian as per the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce0twQJioY8, and I'm stuck right at the beginning when you leap to a friendly Colicoid on the upper deck. Won't let me leap even when I'm in range, says "target cannot be charged at this time". Can anyone else replicate/confirm? Wondering if this was a sneak fix over the wkend.
Not a sneak fix. It was in the patch notes.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

CommanderKool
03.26.2013 , 09:33 AM | #18
You used to be able if you were a guardian or a juggernaut, you would Leap or intercede to a friendly target. They changed with a recent patch that made npc untraceable, in the end I had to go with a bunch of low level players in my optimised dps and steam roll it

revan_worshipper
03.27.2013 , 01:24 PM | #19
I have soloed it on my 50 guardian before. It basically turns the whole thing on its head and requires you to practically leave the map for half of the FP, but it was doable. I think I remember seeing a patch a while back though that said you can't leap to the colicoids in the turret phase anymore which essentially would make soloing it impossible. I haven't tested that yet, though, so feel free to try.
∞[█╣╣╣╣▀▀()▀▀]Ξ{███████████████████████████████████████)

Benirons
04.04.2014 , 07:42 PM | #20
Soloed as a marauder. Did all the puzzles and all the turret phases (those were quite challanging even at 55).

Ill try to provide proof below, didnt do a vid, took some screen shots at key points.

http://galleries.guildlaunch.net/315...3494253809.jpg

First puzzle was the real tricky part, trade secret how I got there Rest was simple, so I hope this is sufficient proof.

Twas tough figuring out how to get through.