Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aztang
03.25.2013 , 02:41 PM | #3231
This is the worst option you could have chosen we cannot compete with the ping on US servers. I hope this is an early April fool’s joke cause we will lose so many people from this dumb decision not to mention the countless that intended on coming back to the game once the servers were merged.

Please learn from what you’re paying customers are saying and change this poor decision before you've made a mistake this pathetic.
Darth Saedus of
The Mada Legacy The Harbinger
All Classes

Saffa
03.25.2013 , 02:43 PM | #3232
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I have an update for you on our long term plans for the APAC servers. Before I do that though I want to let you know up front that we still have quite a bit of work to do to make this happen so I cannot provide any timeframes for you today.

We know that when we asked you, the community, for your opinions on what we should do, we received quite a variety of suggested solutions. Some people wanted to be able to transfer to higher populated North American servers, some suggested merging the three existing APAC servers into one large APAC server, and then there were a host of other ideas as well. However, the one common theme from the suggestions, which we heard clearly, is that everyone wants the opportunity to play on higher populated servers. With this in mind, we have evaluated all of the options and determined that the best solution, that will offer the best long term play experience, is to merge the APAC servers with higher populated North American servers.

Getting to the point of being able to merge the servers is going to be a multistep process. First off we need to update our Free Character Transfer System to include the game changes that we have made recently along with the upcoming changes in Game Update 2.0 and the Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel. We will then offer Free Character Transfers to anyone currently playing on an APAC server to a North American server of the same gameplay type, specifically:
  • Mastar Dar’Nala (PvP) will transfer to The Bastion (PvP)
  • Gav Daragon (RP-PvE) will transfer to Begeren Colony (RP-PvE)
  • Dalborra (PvE) will transfer to The Harbinger (PvE)
We will also need to update our server merge technology at which point we will ultimately merge each of the APAC servers into the corresponding North American servers as indicated above. We are moving as quickly as we can to make this happen, but we want to make sure this is a smooth transition, so it will take some time.

Why did we decide not to merge the three APAC servers into one large APAC server? We decided this for two main reasons. 1. The issue in doing this is that two play-styles (PvE, PvE-RP, or PvP) would need to sacrifice their desired play-style in order to have one server with a higher population. We feel that it is important that each player is allowed to continue to play SWTOR in their preferred play-style. Therefore, accommodating all the existing play-styles was a primary goal. By allowing you to move to a NA West server, you will be able to keep your play-style. 2. The move to North American servers better delivers on our ultimate goal of providing the best play experience, with the most possible players, long term.

I will continue to provide updates as soon as I have them. I know the next big question will be “when” and as soon as I have that information to release, I will do so. Thank you for your continued patience on this. I know it took longer than you would have liked but I intend to continue to give you information as soon as I can!

-eric
So let me get this straight as a launch paying player I was waiting for local servers for 4 months and with 160 ping to west coast US Hyper Cannon Server and with Australian ping being about 50 ping Dalborra and know you want me to go back to 160 ping its all choppy and you die just before killing a player in PVP and it will stuff up people with guilds in USA with Australian members to do raids due to the time difference. I am absolutely angry about this and think the only people who benefit are EA and stuffs up all Australian Players I am also thinking of unsubscribing to this game EA has let Australia down !
Safasafin Knight LVL 50 Laum Assassin LVL 26

joshieofsmeg
03.25.2013 , 02:47 PM | #3233
To hell with this!

I've been playing this game since the US launch, first day early access back on The Swiftsure. I've loved this game, I still do. But this example of "customer support" is probably the worst I've ever seen. It's blatant ignoring of your customer base and proving that the Aussie customers aren't worth your time. Just like the delayed launch of Aussie servers, you have no respect for us. I've now lost respect for you.

Me and my girlfriend will be unsubbing, and it really upsets me to do so. But this is just disgusting, blatant disregard for what your customers wanted. No matter how much I love this game, "no reward is worth this".

aVmuse
03.25.2013 , 02:49 PM | #3234
Hey I'm bioware, and this how to lose more subscribers.

jackdaley
03.25.2013 , 02:58 PM | #3235
Quote: Originally Posted by Amlici View Post
There goes our ping then.

Back to WoW for me

Check ya Bioware.
You know WoWs ping is the same for us on the North American TOR servers right?

RolHai
03.25.2013 , 02:58 PM | #3236
OH GOD! What a BAD decision. I'm seriously asking for a refund on the Expansion. I'm going to have characters on 2 different servers STILL. No option of choosing a server for transferring to. I'm off now to un-subscribe.....
Pol Blex: Just make it worth my while, all right? If I talk, I have to pump up security, make escape plans... all very expensive. Help me out, here.
Me: Well, you don't have to pay those guards I shot...
Pol Blex: Hmm. Not a bad point, actually . We'll, uh, we'll call it even, then.

MouldyCrow
03.25.2013 , 03:00 PM | #3237
Final nail in the coffin. Legacy level 50, over 120 days played.

Basically I'm about to go from 12ms latency to over 200 - and that 12ms was the biggest selling point of the game! I hate you guys @ EAWare so much, this has been such an abusive relationship waiting for content, waiting for communication, poor customer service. Never paying money for one of your games again. I want my $8 back for ROTHC too because ******* you!
Unsubbed! Voting against the APAC server closures - with my wallet.

deltadt
03.25.2013 , 03:03 PM | #3238
dalborra to the harbinger are you kidding me. so my toons are going to a server that crashes at least twice a week and is already id guess pushing it with the current numbers of players. bioware you should have merged the apac servers.

Obirayy
03.25.2013 , 03:04 PM | #3239
Think about it guys... They have taken out all the costs to support the APAC community which means they can afford to lose 100% of the subscribers so they don't give a **** how many unsub or what the better decision is. They are treating this game as a business rather than a good playing experience for everyone.

We can't win.
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

Aurojiin
03.25.2013 , 03:06 PM | #3240
Quote: Originally Posted by jackdaley View Post
You know WoWs ping is the same for us on the North American TOR servers right?
You know a lot of players consider WoW to be a superior game and only play TOR because of the low Oceanic ping right?
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin