Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Will those with the pre-order be prompted to download the expansion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will those with the pre-order be prompted to download the expansion?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MidichIorian
03.25.2013 , 02:00 PM | #1
Or how does that whole thing work? What happens if you don't buy it, will you be stuck on llvl 50?

Jacen_Starsolo
03.25.2013 , 02:03 PM | #2
I think a dev said you will not be able to go past 50 without the expac.

jgoldsack
03.25.2013 , 02:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Or how does that whole thing work? What happens if you don't buy it, will you be stuck on llvl 50?
everyone will download all the code and updates for 2.0.

only people who purchased the Expansion will be able to access Makeb, and level 50+.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

MidichIorian
03.25.2013 , 02:05 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
everyone will download all the code and updates for 2.0.

only people who purchased the Expansion will be able to access Makeb, and level 50+.
So there's no way of backing out on a pre-order?

jgoldsack
03.25.2013 , 02:10 PM | #5
So there's no way of backing out on a pre-order?
Call customer service, thats the only way I can think of.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

EricMusco
03.25.2013 , 02:23 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Everyone will download the assets for Game Update 2.0 and Rise of the Hutt Cartel following our maintenance on Tuesday April 9th.

To your second question, part of Rise of the Hutt Cartel is advancing your characters beyond level 50 to level 55. If you do not purchase the digital expansion your character will remain at level 50.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

mithrelkhaar
03.25.2013 , 03:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Everyone will download the assets for Game Update 2.0 and Rise of the Hutt Cartel following our maintenance on Tuesday April 9th.

To your second question, part of Rise of the Hutt Cartel is advancing your characters beyond level 50 to level 55. If you do not purchase the digital expansion your character will remain at level 50.

-eric
So how will this affect those who pre-ordered the expansion, yet have really slow internet connections? I dont have this issue, however i do know some people that have internet connections that will make downloading a rather large patch (2-4GB, don't know the exact size, just imagining amount of content vs size of patch), this will take them several hours, putting them at a bit of a disadvantage as far as leveling with friends when this goes live.

Would it be possible for us to perhaps be able to pre-download the assets for this to avoid this issue?

jgoldsack
03.25.2013 , 03:43 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by mithrelkhaar View Post
So how will this affect those who pre-ordered the expansion, yet have really slow internet connections? I dont have this issue, however i do know some people that have internet connections that will make downloading a rather large patch (2-4GB, don't know the exact size, just imagining amount of content vs size of patch), this will take them several hours, putting them at a bit of a disadvantage as far as leveling with friends when this goes live.

Would it be possible for us to perhaps be able to pre-download the assets for this to avoid this issue?
It will be treated the same as any other patch. Not really much they can do about it. I'm sure they could put out some pre-downloads between now and then, but honestly, I can't see them doing that.

mithrelkhaar
03.25.2013 , 03:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
It will be treated the same as any other patch. Not really much they can do about it. I'm sure they could put out some pre-downloads between now and then, but honestly, I can't see them doing that.
Ya i figured this, i understand the nature of it, because its hand in hand with the 2.0 patch, it kinda HAS to be downloaded at the time of patch. I personally wont leave my friends behind, and will wait for em to have it downloaded to start my journey to 55 with em, but would be nice if it WAS possible in some way.

LetoAtreidesII
03.25.2013 , 07:30 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

-eric
Will all the 2.0 changes apply to everyone on April 9th? Or will they only apply to preorder players?