Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are you prepared for 2.0? You still have 2 weeks to roll a sniper/slinger

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Are you prepared for 2.0? You still have 2 weeks to roll a sniper/slinger

Technohic
03.25.2013 , 09:31 AM | #61
Anything that has substantial points in balance/madness and has a brain should still be able to cause snipers fits I am thinking. Might as well say anything with good DOTs and a brain to use LOS.

And FFS I hope some of the stealthers I see leveling up figure out how to get in close undetected better than I saw this weekend. I can't tell you how many I saw coming and could hit entrench, then shoot them out and it is only gonna get worse with the increased stealth detection. Blackout and sneak or whatever works wonders, and so does not approaching from the front you bone heads.

Atramar
03.25.2013 , 09:36 AM | #62
Well, for op lethality/scound DF, 2.0 brings 'my dot's won't wake you up' so it means sleep dart + 2 dots + how ever fight goes. (I said sleep dart, since we'r talking snipers with stealth detection).

snipers were always common on lowbie pvp as they bolster nice, but most people when hit 50, can't handle it, and leave snipers alone, so doubt it will be 'fotm' like 8 months of marauders domination.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Invictusthetaru
03.25.2013 , 09:58 AM | #63
I don't know what scoundrels / operatives some of you guys have been going up against but I can assure you they had no clue what they were doing. I finish snipers / slingers with over 60 percent health normally, depending on whether hunker down was on CD and whether I cleansed sab charge in time.

Snipers / slingers have amazing damage and great utility, but nothing they do changes the fact that you can move 2m and force them to either:

A. move, negating hunker down and exposing them to leaps for a few seconds OR

B. Sit there and do no damage.
Ladle- 65 Sentinel
Ladled- 65 Commando
Spinalcheck- 65 Scoundrel
Tongs-65 Gunslinger

HuaRya
03.25.2013 , 12:19 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkSaberMaster View Post
Yep. Pretty much. People always say a Sniper can never win against stealth. Well. I must fight totally garbage stealthers (doubt it) cause I have absolutely no problems against them. Maybe they are a problem for MM/Leathality. But playing as Engineering, I outlast their burst.
Then what you have not experienced yet is when 1-2 fully maxed 20 HP stealth scoundrels have signaled you out as the person they will repeatedly kick in the back for 70% of your health per attack. You never get to fire off any of your good shots.

ranscow
03.25.2013 , 12:38 PM | #65
Sniper/G'slinger is my only remaining advanced class, and smuggler is my last class story. Will be finished in time for 2.0!

I agree. I think IA/Smuggler are the best stories.

Technohic
03.25.2013 , 02:51 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
Then what you have not experienced yet is when 1-2 fully maxed 20 HP stealth scoundrels have signaled you out as the person they will repeatedly kick in the back for 70% of your health per attack. You never get to fire off any of your good shots.
Ran into a couple trying to do this the other day. just told my team that if they see operatives on someone, use their pushes to get them off. Amazing how well that works. Especially if everyone doesn't do it at the same time and strings it together sequentially. You take the operative out of position to kill quickly and you have a dead operative.

DarthOvertone
03.25.2013 , 04:56 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
Anyways. This class was really fun and challenging, about a month ago, before I optimized keybinds etc. Now it is kind of boring. I have no idea why it is getting these buffs, but whatever. In before rage, blah blah. I could care less. Just saying it how it is, and wanted to help those people who may have been roadblocked to also being FOTM, due to keybinds etc.
I was surprised to discover how fun Sniper is to play. Due to the cover mechanic, I initially thought it would be a very static and boring class. I quickly learned that I could be quite mobile with it and the class became very enjoyable, especially in the wake of lolsmashers.

I'm going to enjoy my Sniper's time in the sun. I actually won't mind seeing more Snipers around since there are currently so few. For example, my guild only has three level 50 Snipers in its ranks. No doubt, a nerfbat will smack us at some point, but oh well...welcome to the MMO PvP class balancing act.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW