Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SupaHsuB
03.25.2013 , 10:38 AM | #3181
inb4 *****torm
FreakyD Maf Gusta Rackett
Dread Master'd, Gate Crashin, Dragonslayin, Eternal Warriors from Beyond
Deposed the Dread Masters and Conquered the Dread Fortress

vaxathan
03.25.2013 , 10:38 AM | #3182
wow a death for aus servers
Musique - Sentinel
Technologic - Scoundrel
Aerodynamite - Guardian

Jazzaaaa
03.25.2013 , 10:42 AM | #3183
Well no that was not the most common response most people wanted to play on an apac server.Why we are not able to transfer to an apac server.I play on mdn and could not care less about world pvp and would be happy to go to a pve server as most people.This is choice is going to make alot of people my self included that will be deciding what to put our $15 per month saving towards as i strongly doubt i will continue to play on a us server.What was the point of delaying this 6 months when all along you knew this would be the decision you would make.EA and bioware are a complete joke 6 MONTHS people have had faith in bioware to not screw us all over and continued to play on terrible servers only to be told that if you had rerolled and abandoned the apac servers you would be in the better position.this is the worst decision made by this game to date stalled for 6 Months with no word the screwed over
TerryTate

orpheus
03.25.2013 , 10:43 AM | #3184
probably not the news that everyone wanted to hear, but at least we know our fate now....right?

Paelo
03.25.2013 , 10:48 AM | #3185
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I have an update for you on our long term plans for the APAC servers. Before I do that though I want to let you know up front that we still have quite a bit of work to do to make this happen so I cannot provide any timeframes for you today.

We know that when we asked you, the community, for your opinions on what we should do, we received quite a variety of suggested solutions. Some people wanted to be able to transfer to higher populated North American servers, some suggested merging the three existing APAC servers into one large APAC server, and then there were a host of other ideas as well. However, the one common theme from the suggestions, which we heard clearly, is that everyone wants the opportunity to play on higher populated servers. With this in mind, we have evaluated all of the options and determined that the best solution, that will offer the best long term play experience, is to merge the APAC servers with higher populated North American servers.

Getting to the point of being able to merge the servers is going to be a multistep process. First off we need to update our Free Character Transfer System to include the game changes that we have made recently along with the upcoming changes in Game Update 2.0 and the Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel. We will then offer Free Character Transfers to anyone currently playing on an APAC server to a North American server of the same gameplay type, specifically:
  • Mastar Dar’Nala (PvP) will transfer to The Bastion (PvP)
  • Gav Daragon (RP-PvE) will transfer to Begeren Colony (RP-PvE)
  • Dalborra (PvE) will transfer to The Harbinger (PvE)
We will also need to update our server merge technology at which point we will ultimately merge each of the APAC servers into the corresponding North American servers as indicated above. We are moving as quickly as we can to make this happen, but we want to make sure this is a smooth transition, so it will take some time.

Why did we decide not to merge the three APAC servers into one large APAC server? We decided this for two main reasons. 1. The issue in doing this is that two play-styles (PvE, PvE-RP, or PvP) would need to sacrifice their desired play-style in order to have one server with a higher population. We feel that it is important that each player is allowed to continue to play SWTOR in their preferred play-style. Therefore, accommodating all the existing play-styles was a primary goal. By allowing you to move to a NA West server, you will be able to keep your play-style. 2. The move to North American servers better delivers on our ultimate goal of providing the best play experience, with the most possible players, long term.

I will continue to provide updates as soon as I have them. I know the next big question will be “when” and as soon as I have that information to release, I will do so. Thank you for your continued patience on this. I know it took longer than you would have liked but I intend to continue to give you information as soon as I can!

-eric
What can we say but, thanks for nothing. No seriously. As nothing would probably have been better than this. Essentially you listened to what we asked for, and ignored the majority of our requests to deliver this crap instead.

Thankyou for throwing us onto servers where we will always be lagging behind, which by the way is just brilliant in the middle of a boss fight during an ops run, or in pvp where your high burst pvp scenarios are all based around quick kills.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally

Jazzaaaa
03.25.2013 , 10:50 AM | #3186
I really hope this is just an early april fools joke
TerryTate

silencerbob
03.25.2013 , 10:59 AM | #3187
changing guild name to <apac up and get out>

i just cant believe this.. no one cared about server types...why not just merge them

JimG
03.25.2013 , 11:12 AM | #3188
It seems like the most obvious compromise would have been to do both. Let those transfer off that want to transfer off and then combine the remaining people into one server.

Paelo
03.25.2013 , 11:17 AM | #3189
To better highlight the mind blowing incompetence behind this decision they made, I will take but a moment to easily suggest a vastly superior idea that would not only accommodate those players who might prefer high ping in order to stay on the same server type, but also the larger apac community who want to avoid being stuffed into a US server and putting up with the ping.

Step 1. Announce a date for an APAC super server merge, with a period of several weeks prior to the merge offering free transfers for players to the nominated same server type in the US. Those who don't decide to use the transfer option will be automatically merged into the new super server.

Step 2. Implement it.

Seriously, how the hell is that so hard for you guys to get your heads around?
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally

Waylorien
03.25.2013 , 11:18 AM | #3190
Eric Musco...What are you doing to us!

Its simple what the majority of APAC players wanted: A merge of all the servers to fix pop.

Even now the pop on RP and PVE is not bad, PVP is only suffering majorly.

RP-PVE-PVP (RP-PVE Server?) ... Merge..-> free transfers to people who want to be exclusive.

Fight for what we want please or tell us otherwise!