Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marriage and kids?

DarthGile
03.22.2013 , 11:12 AM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by Keitanic View Post
I think that realistically having a family and children would be an implementable option for an expansion...it would be a simple enough storyline to create that is cantered around your family being killed/kidnapped and you going off to rescue them.
Hehe... This just in! To promote SW:TOR's expansion, Liam Neeson has returned to Stars Wars in a spin named "Taken 3: Star Wars Edition!"

In seriousness, I would love to see this.. but it most likely will never happen. Sure there is talk about passing legacy to romance companions, and platonic companions expressing interest in supporting such legacy. But I really think it was "closure" talk. We really don't know if there will ever be rich companion interaction again... least not with the current companions. If we get that in a timely manner, then force-sensitive toddlers crawling around the shp would be fun to see.

Rincewend
03.25.2013 , 03:11 AM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthGile View Post
Hehe... This just in! To promote SW:TOR's expansion, Liam Neeson has returned to Stars Wars in a spin named "Taken 3: Star Wars Edition!"

In seriousness, I would love to see this.. but it most likely will never happen. Sure there is talk about passing legacy to romance companions, and platonic companions expressing interest in supporting such legacy. But I really think it was "closure" talk. We really don't know if there will ever be rich companion interaction again... least not with the current companions. If we get that in a timely manner, then force-sensitive toddlers crawling around the shp would be fun to see.
did we have rich interaction before? I gave her gifts she liked me, we got married, than I got a short clip. (not like I wanted to see my sith lord type 4 naked butt)

It would be nice if we still had some interaction of some kind, otherwise just switch them to robot's after we complete the story. Because other than dressing them up like dolls (yes I am talking about the people who put the last hand maiden outfit on khem). What else is there?

Kids would be fun, if they were based on our game choices? I would love to see 4-8 of my kids running around fleet baby smashing people, and praticeing force choke on the droids or shop vendors.

Telmyst
03.25.2013 , 08:58 AM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
I can see Malavai being a pretty good dad, he would instill discipline in the kid, of course chart the child's future from the time it was born. He would teach it manners, honor, loyalty to the Empire and how to be a good soldier if it was not force sensitive. I can see also being nice to to the kid and being gentle. If the child was a girl I can see him being somewhat of a softie but not too much.
I can see him genetically plotting the bloodlines of the top Imperial dynasties and having her marriage contract signed sealed and delivered before she's two months old.

Mellina
03.29.2013 , 11:09 AM | #184
That would be cool if they could have kids. I loved the part where Doc talked about having kids to my female Jedi Knight.

Asheris
03.29.2013 , 01:50 PM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by Mellina View Post
That would be cool if they could have kids. I loved the part where Doc talked about having kids to my female Jedi Knight.
You can have kids via the legacy system. Everything beyond that would be game-breaking.

EncagedChillie
03.29.2013 , 06:56 PM | #186
I think it is possible. Bioware just need to create a NPC that you can customize and choose if they are evil or good and have him/her run around the ship and you have to get gifts from different planets in order to get affection and certain points have a chat with him/her with some involving your spouse.
Men prefer to believe that they are degenerated angels, rather than elevated apes. ~W.

Asheris
03.30.2013 , 01:33 PM | #187
Quote: Originally Posted by EncagedChillie View Post
I think it is possible. Bioware just need to create a NPC that you can customize and choose if they are evil or good and have him/her run around the ship and you have to get gifts from different planets in order to get affection and certain points have a chat with him/her with some involving your spouse.
It's been done to death in another game. Google The Sims.

Seriosly, you want a dating game and a family simulator go check it out.

Yermog
05.22.2013 , 09:49 PM | #188
Frankly I'm of the opinion that if your character did have a kid, it'd be sent off to live with someone else in safety. The lives of the toons are not ones of peace.

What I would love to see for the Jedi classes would be a story arch where the Jedi Council discovers your secret marriage/relationship and forces you to either annul your marriage or be ejected from the order. Then you have to go on a mission to prove that you are a follower of the LS before they accept you back into the order. If you choose the Jedi over your spouse, you lose a crap-ton of affection with them (heartbroken as they are), and if you choose your marriage you get like 500 DS points.

Seireeni
05.23.2013 , 03:08 AM | #189
Quote: Originally Posted by Kikilicious View Post
So yeah, that's how I figure that the Chiss and Humans can breed. It's like a Black/White couple having a child. A blend of both. But, that's just my though process
Someone asked this from Timothy Zahn at his facebook page some (long) time ago, and he said that even though he wasn't sure if it's possible, he would guess not, since it needs only a very small genetical change and bam, you can't reproduce with the other species. But I guess it could be possible, since we have lions&tigers and wolfs&dogs in real world...
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy

Bryyn
05.23.2013 , 06:01 AM | #190
I can see one way of having "Legacy" children..

Given that is a heavily driven story MMO with each planet basically being a progress in time, a new map of the galaxy can be drawn as being 20 years post Battle of Corellia. This map would be a secondary map in the game, giving the current characters you have the option to continue on their story as well as starting a lineage decendancy in the form of having more alts.

There would have to be some reasonable restrictions to this. One, you cannot access this map unless you have maxxed affection and completed all companion quests with your marital companion, and possibly to include Act 3, as this would be the galaxy quite sometime after the current events. It would not make sense otherwise. Second, the "Legacy" childern will never be able to access the former galaxy, for obvious continuity reasons, but your current characters can.

I can't imagine the resources or time needed for this, but as a future option, this would be epic.
Ryllen - Mercenary
Socorro