Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Aratech Nethian

weejohnathon
03.25.2013 , 07:39 AM | #1
Hi, there I'm sure I read a few patches ago that the speeders from the cartel market where suppose to have protection equivalent to that of the Speeder Piloting Rank 3, which seems to be the case when on them on my other chars. However I rolled a new SW and I'm level 18 running around Drommund Kaas with the Aratech Nethian speeder and one hit by mobs as low as level 11 and Im knocked on my backside. Is this happening to anyone else or just me as I have a feeling that the mount may be bugged?

Screaming_Ziva
03.25.2013 , 07:45 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by weejohnathon View Post
Hi, there I'm sure I read a few patches ago that the speeders from the cartel market where suppose to have protection equivalent to that of the Speeder Piloting Rank 3, which seems to be the case when on them on my other chars. However I rolled a new SW and I'm level 18 running around Drommund Kaas with the Aratech Nethian speeder and one hit by mobs as low as level 11 and Im knocked on my backside. Is this happening to anyone else or just me as I have a feeling that the mount may be bugged?
No. You read wrong. Only the Pod Racer speeder has the increased protection (which really isn't all that increased anyway). All the other speeders are still based off your speeder piloting level.

Hyfy
03.25.2013 , 07:51 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
No. You read wrong. Only the Pod Racer speeder has the increased protection (which really isn't all that increased anyway). All the other speeders are still based off your speeder piloting level.
The Kurtab Alliance speeder as well, but that ones obviously not a CM speeder though. Otherwise yes what Ziva said.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

weejohnathon
03.25.2013 , 08:19 AM | #4
Ah thanks for the clarification my mistake if that's the case I think I will just go back to using my Kurtab Alliance with the 110% speed till level 40 when I can get the 3rd rank piloting thanks guys.

Andryah
03.25.2013 , 09:28 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by weejohnathon View Post
Ah thanks for the clarification my mistake if that's the case I think I will just go back to using my Kurtab Alliance with the 110% speed till level 40 when I can get the 3rd rank piloting thanks guys.
What I do is keep both speeders on hotbar and If I am not yet level 3 pilot on a character... I will use the Kurtab if I just want to get through an area quickly or have a long distance and want the extra 10-20%. If I am just cruising and taking my time and don't care so much about being knocked off... I roll with the Aratech as I enjoy it more from an aesthetics standpoint.
Negativity achieves nothing positive or productive. It's hostile and it reveals a persons true character. It's a useless and miserable way to spend one's time, IMO ... but some people like being miserable I guess. This is true in real life and it is true inside MMOs.