Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pre 50 Mob skipping and players who are too high level.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Pre 50 Mob skipping and players who are too high level.

Wraiven
03.24.2013 , 02:05 PM | #1
I am seeing this more and more and I have to say, because of this I am queuing less and less. There are too many people who are queuing for Flashpoints who have far out leveled the thing, and they are just hurting the XP for those of us who are within that level range. These players who are doing this are obviously not going to stop, so the problem in itself needs to be addressed and fixed by Bioware.

Furthermore, player pre 50 are skipping mobs and going completely out of their way to avoid having to kill anything in these Flashpoints. They act like they are level 50 and all they want are the comms. This also needs to be addressed and fixed.

Players are obviously not going to stop, so it needs to be fixed. I am sick of sitting in a Flashpoint queue for what seems to be an eternity just to get on a team that either has a player way too high for the Flashpoint or getting in with a team that seems to think they need to skip all the mobs. Do players not realize how fast you can level if you take the time to kill the mobs in these things? As long as everyone is within the 3 level range of each toher, the XP is insane, yet people want to skip them.

It's getting to a point that I am never queuing for Flashpoints anymore.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

grallmate
03.24.2013 , 02:28 PM | #2
I must say I agree with this to an extent. Story Mode FPs, especially sub 50 ones are for XP, loot and some comms. I was abhorred the last time I ran Foundry and someone insisted we skip the bonuses! I suspect that group finder isn't entirely to blame though, it has a lot to do with the game being over a year old at this point and people on alts playing just like they're 50.

Aside from that, I do think that GF should lower the maximum level you can queue for most FPs. At the top end of the level range you get no XP from the trash mobs and only minimal XP from the bosses while also lowering everyone else's XP by a large margin. Atleast it tells you what level everyone is before you accept the group. I decline groups that have anyone more that 2 levels above me and I decline groups that I'm more than 4 levels above someone. I don't like getting greatly reduced XP and I don't like forcing that on other players.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

RandomXChance
03.24.2013 , 02:38 PM | #3
While this is bad behaviour, it really is a dev generated problem. I just recently levelled a new toon and was frustrates that at level 44 the groupfinder insisted I queue for Maelstrom Prison/Foundry. A flashpoint I will get zero benefit from and penalize the other players. If you are more than five levels above and the fp is grayed out why does BW try and force me to select it.
As I said, does not excuse rudeness, but fix this already.

Pubsam
03.24.2013 , 06:25 PM | #4
The best you can do is try to reason with these people who seem to forget they're not playing on their level 50s. Unless they're maybe the tank or healer they've also waited a long time to get in there and are hopefully somewhat intelligent.

As to people being overlevelled, that's more the fault of the group finder. They likely just signed up for a random FP and got put into the lowest level one in their range. They should update it so that you will never be put in an FP where the mobs and objectives are grey to you - though on the flipside without them being put in your group your wait might have been even longer.
Time for a nap.

Mmurph
03.24.2013 , 06:41 PM | #5
As it turns out, you can deselect FPs you don't want to do. You won't be eligible for the daily bonus like that, but once you've done the first one, you pick what you want. Personally I don't mind having several higher level people, it usually means I get all the gear.

Delta_V
03.24.2013 , 06:56 PM | #6
Hi, this is my first post on these forums, and I would have to say the issue of over-leveled players in Flashpoints is largely caused by the Group Finder.

As a *new* level 50 (I only subscribed after dinging 50), I decided I should run the level 50 flashpoints (False Emperor, Kaon Under Seige, etc.) on story mode before attempting hard mode. The problem is, in order to qualify for the Group Finder's daily reward, I have to queue for all available flashpoints. That meant queuing for Red Reaper, which is what, a level 45 mission? Why the hell am I queuing for a mission that a) has no useful loot and b) poses absolutely no challenge? To top it off, you almost always seem to get dropped into the lowest FP you queued for. I got dropped into Red Reaper three days in a row before deciding to say screw it and just queue for the FPs I wanted.

This is also a problem before 50. I remember as a level 48-49 having to queue for Colicoid War Games, which at that point was just faceroll easy.

Basically, the level range of missions you can/need to queue for in the Group Finder really needs to be reduced. In order to get the daily reward, you really shouldn't have to queue for a FP that is 5, 6 or even 7 levels below you.

ubermouth
03.24.2013 , 07:01 PM | #7
I wish they included the following toggle options to better match people's preferences:
Skip convos?
Bonus?
Speed run?
Loot instance?: no more battle looting.

I don't like trying to convince people to do the run my ways, and I'm sick of people trying to convince me. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility to attempt to auto-group people of similar preferences.
Just give us more filters in group finder so we don't have to force our preferences on each other

RandomXChance
03.24.2013 , 08:51 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mmurph View Post
As it turns out, you can deselect FPs you don't want to do. You won't be eligible for the daily bonus like that, but once you've done the first one, you pick what you want. Personally I don't mind having several higher level people, it usually means I get all the gear.
You really think that we did not know that? Over half the point of doing a flashpoint IS the groupfinder reward. I do one with all selected, then maybe one more with only the highest selected.

What a waste of a post.

Mmurph
03.25.2013 , 07:13 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RandomXChance View Post
You really think that we did not know that? Over half the point of doing a flashpoint IS the groupfinder reward. I do one with all selected, then maybe one more with only the highest selected.

What a waste of a post.
My point was, do the one run with all selected, get your daily reward, then deselect the ones you don't want to do.

What a bigger waste of a post. Followed by this one.

Stressfire
03.25.2013 , 07:20 AM | #10
How over-level are we talking here, because you don't get the daily GF reward unless you queue for all eligible runs. Yeah, it sucks that I have to run FPs where literally none of the loot is useful - but hey, gets the daily taken care of on easy-mode and I can uncheck that box for the next group.

Mob -skipping is a different story - personally, I go with whatever the group is doing, but it does seem a bit silly to pass up XP when every point counts.