Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mowermanx
03.24.2013 , 02:20 AM | #3151
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
i think a merge with a transfer option would be the best solution.
Why is a merge even needed if everyone can transfer to where they want to go?

johnnyby
03.24.2013 , 02:20 AM | #3152
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
People keep talking about a merge, but I just cant see that happening. If they were 3 pve servers, sure, and I'd bet real money it would of already happened months ago.
Sure there's a few people in this thread that said they would be ok with that, but that's not how the world works.
There is only 1 option to keep the majority happy, and that's to give everyone transfer tokens to move to where they wish to. Those who wish to remain on a RP or PVP server type, can go to one of those server in the EU or US, and those that don't want to forgo a low ping can go to Dalborra.
Everyone i come across on MD wants a merge...
The Harbinger - <Ewokalypse Now> - <Hatred>
Johnnyboyau Commando - Jacynlargo Vangaurd - Philip-jfry Sage -
- -Sniper

DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.

laz_AU
03.24.2013 , 03:57 AM | #3153
Because in order for the APAC population to survive there needs to be a consolidated decision on where to go. Allowing transfers right off the bat without a merger will just split the community every which way as many people would not be willing to take a risk and try consilidating on a single server and instead head off to US/EU. By merging then allowing transfers, people have the opportunity to see what the population and the community is like before jumping off to US servers
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS

DuckimusPrime
03.24.2013 , 09:06 AM | #3154
A free transfer token adds a risk choice for all APAC players. They have to choose between going to a already high pop server and sacrificing ping, or staying on APAC in the hope that enough other players decide to stay on APAC to give the server a good population.

No one wants to be stuck on a low population server, so a lot of players might decide that to use their free transfer to move on. Which kills off any chance of the APAC server building a decent population. This is why you merge the server, and only allow transfers to it. It literally forces the APAC server to increase in population and if it does reach a decent level, people are more likely to stay.

If it doesn't reach a decent level after that, well then APAC was always doomed. And the servers will probably be shutdown.

Amlici
03.24.2013 , 09:38 AM | #3155
Quote: Originally Posted by DuckimusPrime View Post
If it doesn't reach a decent level after that, well then APAC was always doomed. And the servers will probably be shutdown.
If they merge Dalborra, Gav and Master D the population will be more than decent. Dalborra isn't all that bad atm but would greatly benefit from the addition of both the other 2 APAC server populations. I doubt they would have to worry about APAC server population again if they go through with a merge of all three.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

ChuangTzu
03.24.2013 , 02:40 PM | #3156
Quote: Originally Posted by laz_AU View Post
Because in order for the APAC population to survive there needs to be a consolidated decision on where to go. Allowing transfers right off the bat without a merger will just split the community every which way as many people would not be willing to take a risk and try consilidating on a single server and instead head off to US/EU. By merging then allowing transfers, people have the opportunity to see what the population and the community is like before jumping off to US servers
^This. Just allowing random transfers would kill the APAC servers.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Ailie
03.24.2013 , 06:23 PM | #3157
Quote: Originally Posted by MyPetMonkey View Post
That's alright Ailie the greater populace doesn't want to play with you anyway snob.
Funny that, considering I'm the one not having issues finding people to play with

Open transfers are the answer, everyone gets what they want. If APAC doesn't survive as a result, well thems the breaks
Meh...

PurpleCliff
03.24.2013 , 06:29 PM | #3158
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Funny that, considering I'm the one not having issues finding people to play with

Open transfers are the answer, everyone gets what they want. If APAC doesn't survive as a result, well thems the breaks
Open transfer with no merge will kill one or two of the APAC servers. I think it's an understatement to say most MMO players want to be in a Massively Multiplayer environment.
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

Ailie
03.24.2013 , 06:36 PM | #3159
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
Open transfer with no merge will kill one or two of the APAC servers. I think it's an understatement to say most MMO players want to be in a Massively Multiplayer environment.
True, but people also don't want to be on a server that they don't want to be on. A mass merge will have hundreds of people on a server that they don't want to be on, for a variety of reasons.
Meh...

Corsiero
03.24.2013 , 07:13 PM | #3160
If I lose my names with a merge, Haulk will be very angry, and you don't want to see the Haulk angry.