Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Amlici
03.23.2013 , 01:53 PM | #3141
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBrundleFLY View Post
The solution may be Cross Server PVP/Flashpoints...this would keep the servers separate yet still address the issue of not being able to group due to the individual server populations.
We can only speculate until we get an official announcement but it's not going to be anything too extravagant as Jeff Hickman has already said "we are actively looking into solutions that make the most sense given our current tech and should have an announcement soon".
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

WasteGate
03.23.2013 , 02:46 PM | #3142
The solution may be Cross Server PVP/Flashpoints...this would keep the servers separate yet still address the issue of not being able to group due to the individual server populations.

I can see the APAC servers being the test bed for this to be rolled out across all servers in America and Europe as well.

We will be Bioware's guinea pigs as we were with server transfers...
What's the point in having low ping APAC servers if your going to have cross server PVP/Flashpoints with US servers?
There isn't enough players across all APAC servers to warrant this. Just merge them with the US servers and be done with it.
If they announce character transfers paid or free I'm off the APAC servers the game isn't engrossing when there is bugger all players in zones. Feels like SWG all over again after CU.

DarthBrundleFLY
03.23.2013 , 04:42 PM | #3143
Quote: Originally Posted by WasteGate View Post
What's the point in having low ping APAC servers if your going to have cross server PVP/Flashpoints with US servers?
There isn't enough players across all APAC servers to warrant this. Just merge them with the US servers and be done with it.
If they announce character transfers paid or free I'm off the APAC servers the game isn't engrossing when there is bugger all players in zones. Feels like SWG all over again after CU.
We would not be crossed over with the US or European servers...and how do you know that there still would not be enough people on all 3 servers to make a difference?

One of the solutions people are putting forward is to merge our 3 servers into 1...cross server warzones and flashpoints would accomplish the same thing without the need to merge the servers and it is something Bioware has said at multiple times is something they would like to do.

This is just speculation...but I for one am NOT looking forward to loosing all my character names for a 3rd time...which would be a certainty if we are merged with any other servers.

PurpleCliff
03.23.2013 , 07:30 PM | #3144
Quote: Originally Posted by Amlici View Post
We can only speculate until we get an official announcement but it's not going to be anything too extravagant as Jeff Hickman has already said "we are actively looking into solutions that make the most sense given our current tech and should have an announcement soon".
If he's talking about their "current tech" in Australia, does that mean we won't get a super/mega/high-pop server?
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

Marshal_Ney
03.23.2013 , 09:39 PM | #3145
Quote: Originally Posted by WasteGate View Post
And still you believe that we all want to be transfered to a US server,talk to yourself please
all i want is transfer my character to a EUROPEAN server,and i'm not the only one in this for sure.
so give us the option to move in one of the two areas,but don't force us to go in a server we don't want to be.
I'm not a prophet or a stone age man,Just a mortal
with the potential of a superman,I'm living on"

AIRCONGO
03.23.2013 , 09:43 PM | #3146
I'd prefer and hope they merge to Dalbora. I've grown accustomed to our tight knit community on master D but be nice to see fresh new faces. And hope they allow transfer FROM US/EU to the new APAC server; if it happens to say the least.

Allowing transfers off APAC if there's a new super server might just hurt the community more, so many will just abandon.
Gallows / Swolldaddy / Clint Beastwood

DuckimusPrime
03.23.2013 , 10:36 PM | #3147
One of the solutions people are putting forward is to merge our 3 servers into 1...cross server warzones and flashpoints would accomplish the same thing without the need to merge the servers and it is something Bioware has said at multiple times is something they would like to do.
Low populations have more issues than just warzones and flashpoints popping.

There's also grouping on planets for heroic missions and the Galactic market economy. Cross server instances doesn't help with these.

Quote:
This is just speculation...but I for one am NOT looking forward to loosing all my character names for a 3rd time...which would be a certainty if we are merged with any other servers.
I'd be hoping for a server merge where names are kept for the oldest character/legacy.

Amlici
03.23.2013 , 10:57 PM | #3148
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
If he's talking about their "current tech" in Australia, does that mean we won't get a super/mega/high-pop server?
I'm not sure but they already have the tech to merge servers so that is 'current tech'. It also makes the most sense.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

Mowermanx
03.23.2013 , 11:01 PM | #3149
Quote: Originally Posted by DuckimusPrime View Post
Low populations have more issues than just warzones and flashpoints popping.

There's also grouping on planets for heroic missions and the Galactic market economy. Cross server instances doesn't help with these.

I'd be hoping for a server merge where names are kept for the oldest character/legacy.
People keep talking about a merge, but I just cant see that happening. If they were 3 pve servers, sure, and I'd bet real money it would of already happened months ago.
Sure there's a few people in this thread that said they would be ok with that, but that's not how the world works.
There is only 1 option to keep the majority happy, and that's to give everyone transfer tokens to move to where they wish to. Those who wish to remain on a RP or PVP server type, can go to one of those server in the EU or US, and those that don't want to forgo a low ping can go to Dalborra.

darthnish
03.24.2013 , 01:33 AM | #3150
i think a merge with a transfer option would be the best solution.