Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are you prepared for 2.0? You still have 2 weeks to roll a sniper/slinger

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Are you prepared for 2.0? You still have 2 weeks to roll a sniper/slinger

biowareftw
03.23.2013 , 08:04 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkXXIV View Post
are snipers really that good after 2.0? hows a carnage marauders dmg compare to a snipers? If sniper do alot more dps I might switch to sniper after I finish my marauders chapter 2. sniper is pretty fun.
Pve? Sent/maraduers are fine in 2 trees.You can do well with just about any class in pve. Hell mercs rock good dps in pve.

PvP? A MM sniper in 2.0 has much more uptime, hits just as hard, and will be visiting the GY a lot less. Both deal physical damage and both can burst on demand like crazy, both have a big group buff. One is very susceptible to CC and being shut down and loses a ton of damage for utility, and one does not. One has a ranged healing debuff, one does not. One has a stupidly far ranged aoe mes, one does not.

Also LOL at these kids ranting about me being fotm. I betad this class before they had portable cover. Then they got cover and it had no global cooldown (that was just awesome), and then they reinstated the global and it became a bit clunky. Still very good (before 2.0).

Newsflash to the dun nerf me brah crowd. When a class gets stupidly OP? Lot's of people are going to roll them. Eventually it will be nerfed. I am helping to expedite that process.

If you don't like it? I don't care. In fact I hope these rerolls are better snipers then you, and most of them probably are. It will make Bioware/EA have second thoughts about these buffs, that much quicker, and maybe we won't have another year of people crying mainly about one class...
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

DarkSaberMaster
03.23.2013 , 08:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by LordExozone View Post
Decent Lethality snipers destroy stealthers, so even the stealth counters us statement is only partially true
Yep. Pretty much. People always say a Sniper can never win against stealth. Well. I must fight totally garbage stealthers (doubt it) cause I have absolutely no problems against them. Maybe they are a problem for MM/Leathality. But playing as Engineering, I outlast their burst.

Anyways. Yes. Sniper is not as hard to play as a lot of people make it out to be, especially MM and Lethality. Engineering took a bit to get used to, but still isnt that difficult. I forsee a lot of people rerolling to Sniper/Gunslinger. We were strong before 2.0. We are only getting stronger in 2.0. Im not afraid to say it. Every class gets its OP/FOTM time. 2.0 may well be Snipers/Gunslingers time. People say nobody will roll them because they are turret classes. Well. That roll gave us a lot of mobility. That argument no longer applies either.
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow)
D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"
Referral link for free stuff

Elegances
03.23.2013 , 09:10 PM | #23
Doesn't sniper/slinger get a stacking stealth detectetion buff in cover to boot? :O
Last i saw of notes, anyhow.

stuffystuffs
03.23.2013 , 09:29 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Elegances View Post
Doesn't sniper/slinger get a stacking stealth detectetion buff in cover to boot? :O
Last i saw of notes, anyhow.
Indeed.
Node guarder

Kovaos
03.23.2013 , 10:18 PM | #25
Lol someone's been getting their *** beat by some snipers/slingers.
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

Polymerize
03.23.2013 , 10:38 PM | #26
I've felt that snipers have been a tad OP for the last 5 months or so. & I know all.

Polymerize
03.23.2013 , 10:38 PM | #27
You guys are lucky I haven't rolled one yet. Jus' sayin.

Joesixxpack
03.23.2013 , 11:39 PM | #28
FOTM = Cancer.

Threads like this = Carcinogenic.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

biowareftw
03.24.2013 , 12:22 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
FOTM = Cancer.

Threads like this = Carcinogenic.
Yes because it is much better to see this crap go live, and wait months to see this is an issue, as people slowly reroll this AC, right?

I don't think this thread changed jack, other then helping those that might struggle with the class.

Every lowbie WZ now has half snipers in it LOL.

What have there been like 50 threads on the PTS forum asking what the hell Bioware is thinking? This class is already good. To even suggest that I in anyway am at a disadvantage currenly (before these insane buffs) compared to another class would simply be a lie.

Now I know that there are a ton of certain players who are on alert 24/7 and trying to protect these stupid buffs, but these people are a joke. It only shows how far people will go to get an OP beta class live. I remember when people said Deathknights were extremely underpowered before Wrath of the Lich King in beta...That turned out well hahaha.

Why the hell am I getting a roll on a class that already can't be charged, has a knockback, a 30 meter aoe cc, a stun, and a ranged root BASELINE?

This class doesn't need buffed...at all. I am sorry but when such stupid changes are made, and buffs like this introduced? The class should be rolled to the point that Bioware does something about it, because that is the only way it will sink in, and that they will change it.

I mean I know the lead dev plays lethality but really? Is there anyone who honestly thinks this class needs these buffs? Hell no one will even play melee in 2.0 besides tanks if this crap remains as long as bubblestun did.

If all they gave the MM spec was slow on the root? The class would have been fine. The knockback already puts a smasher beyond leap range.

Lethality? That spec sure as hell didn't need a roll. The other pure dps class(marauder/sent) has one viable spec, and now engineering looks bawler as well? Did they spend half of this expansions development costs to appease Rob Hinkle? LOL
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Totaltrash
03.24.2013 , 12:43 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
<snip>
I mean I know the lead dev plays lethality but really?
<snip>
Really? When and where? Because I would like to see that!
Then again, lethality is for PVE or for scoreboard junkies, so it would be very fitting if Dev would play that spec in PVP.

On a different note, we had a sniper epidemic once before, that was around patch 1.2.
Then they all leveled up and got destroyed in 50 wzs, and just like that, the epidemic was over.
I expect the same to happen again once people realize how severe the limitations of this class really are.