[Dev Post] There is HOPE for Commandos!

DkSharktooth

When we asked them to do something about the trooper/BH mortar volley/DFA discrepancy, they decreased the diameter.

When we asked them to do something about our PvP issues, they made Cover Fire worthless and destroyed sweltering heat.

When we continued to ask them to do something about PvP issues, they took away our stockstrike knockback, gave us the worthless charged barrel->advanced medical probe 'talent'.

For 2.0 so far they gave us HtL, which you know, limits roots and snares, sooooooooooooo impiortant for a self-rooting class.

Why do you think this will go any better?

what do you mean by this?

it used to be 50%, and now it's 70%

The fact that its still fairly useless in the grand scheme of things.

Making it interrupt immune for a one or two point talent would make it a fantastic skill. Also it used to build resolve, not sure if it still does.

When we asked them to do something about the trooper/BH mortar volley/DFA discrepancy, they decreased the diameter.

When we asked them to do something about our PvP issues, they made Cover Fire worthless and destroyed sweltering heat.

When we continued to ask them to do something about PvP issues, they took away our stockstrike knockback, gave us the worthless charged barrel->advanced medical probe 'talent'.

For 2.0 so far they gave us HtL, which you know, limits roots and snares, sooooooooooooo impiortant for a self-rooting class.

Why do you think this will go any better?

Because they gave you imunity to roots and snares with 30% speed increase ... meaning you can escape unwanted 1v1 and keep doing your job if possible...

They gave you 2x tech override with 1:30CD (it was 2:00), agai varrious options ... tech override > 2x Grav round or 2x Heal or Plasma + stun or xxx combinations... + hold the line to move away...

They have you remoded adrenalin rush that heals more!

They gave you electro net that literaly owns mauraders or jugs that want to fallow you and it can't be cleansed or breaked...

I hope you're getting the wider picture now...

If you can't combine this into a sucsessful pvp I encourage you to practice because its still a decent class.

P.S. You don't need massive volley radius anyway to DPS. Its crowd control skill so you release pressure on certain points, interrupt, finish off few low health grouped people... etc...

P.P.S. Stockstrike root > Stockstrike knockback... because when you push maurader off your self he comes back, if you root him you can get your distance and do some damage!...

Yes it felt nicer to push people off with it when you'd already use knockback but this is way more usefull!

Edited by krty_cro

They gave you 2x tech override with 1:30CD (it was 2:00), agai varrious options ... tech override > 2x Grav round or 2x Heal or Plasma + stun or xxx combinations... + hold the line to move away...

I'd be all for that if they hadn't replaced the useful-for-everything 30 reduced cooldown on Reserve Powercell with it. Between the two, I know which one I'd rather have.

P.P.S. Stockstrike root > Stockstrike knockback... why? because when you push maurader off your self he comes back, if you root him you can get your distance and do some damage!... Yes it felt nicer to push people off with it when you'd already use knockback but this is way more usefull!

The root might've worked - and might've made stripping me of the one use consistent I had for Stockstrike in the first place (interrupting Ravage) more bearable - if it was coupled with an effective method for Commandos to generate some distance before it expired other than turning and running away, because good luck doing that against virtually any other class in existance. Hold The Line ought to alleviate that, granted, especially for the immunity to movement impairment. I'd still wager I'd get further if I ran after a knockback than after a root, though.

Not that I'm understanding the "if you knock back a marauder, they come back" argument. Do they just give up and walk away when they're rooted on your server?

Edited by Bleeters

Ah come on you gotta be kidding me. Here I thought all of Commando was gonna get some love and they state that they are just working on DPS. Im not really sure how things are working out for medics in 2.0 since I dont do PTR's but as far as what ive read in forums from people is that we are basically in the same spot. All of the other healers are still outperforming us. As of now an equally skilled sage or scoundrel doubles our heals with no problem. Im tired of being second rate because of my class I chose. We arent even considered for a serious RWZ team. Please tell me that your are working on fixing Commando Medic also.

You don't want their love.

So far the changes have resulted in a dps cut for Assault commando of about 80dps by halving plasma cell damage and turning assault plastique into a small burst plus long dot for the same damage.

And that was to improve the class.

Because they gave you imunity to roots and snares with 30% speed increase ... meaning you can escape unwanted 1v1 and keep doing your job if possible...
Not really you can't because HtL doesn't work on most of the things we could possibly use it against.

Situational at best. 2 instant casts every minute and a half and it's going to drain ammo pretty quickly in its use since we no longer have Reserve Powercell to ease the ammo usage.

It really doesn't. Just heals under different circumstances and not nearly enough to save you.

They gave you electro net that literaly owns mauraders or jugs that want to fallow you and it can't be cleansed or breaked...
It has a 1:30 cool down which makes it situational in dealing with a single attacker. It is also bugged and will still allow someone to leap to the trooper.

If you can't combine this into a sucsessful pvp I encourage you to practice because its still a decent class.

It was always decent in the hands of someone that took the time to learn its ins and outs and could put up with hits extremely high learning curve. Still these changes are nothing that will entice a ranked team to bring a commando, or merc, because the core issues of the class are not being addressed in a meaningful way.

P.S. You don't need massive volley radius anyway to DPS. Its crowd control skill so you release pressure on certain points, interrupt, finish off few low health grouped people... etc...

P.P.S. Stockstrike root > Stockstrike knockback... because when you push maurader off your self he comes back, if you root him you can get your distance and do some damage!...

Yes it felt nicer to push people off with it when you'd already use knockback but this is way more usefull!

No, no it's not. The 4 second root is nor nearly long enough for you to create any meaningful distance to do damage or to get out of the range of attacks like saber throw.

It's why players asked for a root to be combined with the KBto Stockstrike.

The fact that its still fairly useless in the grand scheme of things.

Making it interrupt immune for a one or two point talent would make it a fantastic skill. Also it used to build resolve, not sure if it still does.

snares have never built resolve. you are most likely combining the changes of strockstrike with concussive force and applying them to cover fire.

What is this I don't even....

The word is in:

I definitely have a team that supports me, brainstorms with me, and tests with me, but I do all of the design, implementation, and balance for all of the classes by myself. It is a daunting task. :eek:

The following changes are going out in 2.0 and won't be making it onto PTS.

Bounty Hunter

Mercenary

-Electro Net: This ability now applies its effects instantly instead of waiting for a projectile to finish traveling.

Arsenal:

-Tracer Missile: The Heat Signature applied by Tracer Missile now lasts 45 seconds. In addition, the Heat Signature effect now reduces armor by 20% and no longer stacks. Furthermore, this ability now fires a faster-moving projectile.

-Heatseeker Missiles: This ability now deals 25% additional damage if the target is affected by your Heat Signature. In addition, this ability now fires a slightly slower-moving projectile, ensuring that the Heat Signature effect-checking will work properly if fired off immediately after a Tracer Missile.

-Light 'Em Up: No longer affects Heat Signatures applied by Tracer Missile.

Trooper

Commando

-Electro Net: This ability now applies its effects instantly instead of waiting for a projectile to finish traveling.

Gunnery:

-Grav Round: The Gravity Vortex applied by Grav Round now lasts 45 seconds. In addition, the Gravity Vortex effect now reduces armor by 20% and no longer stacks. Furthermore, this ability now fires a faster-moving projectile.

-Demolition Round: This ability now deals 25% additional damage if the target is affected by your Gravity Vortex. In addition, this ability now fires a slightly slower-moving projectile, ensuring that the Gravity Vortex effect-checking will work properly if fired off immediately after a Grav Round.

-Gravity Surge: No longer affects Gravity Vortices applied by Grav Round.

http://www.swtor.com/community/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6049781

As a PVE Player i like what these buffs.

As a PVE player and former PVP player I find these buffs totally irrelevant and that Austin Peckinpaugh must have the video game experience of my blind grandmother who grew up without electricity.

I feel like that is a gross libel against your poor grandmother.