Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I think that Disney owes the fans an explanation...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
I think that Disney owes the fans an explanation...

TheBBP
03.22.2013 , 09:02 PM | #1
I don't mean to sound like another self-entitled denizen of the internet, but I think that Disney has some 'splainin' to do regarding their recent moves.

Now, I do not believe for a second that Disney paid billions to tear apart and ruin Star Wars, but I think that Disney would do well to address the fans and alleviate our concerns.

Anyone agree?
Master No'ja Vace -The Ebon Hawk Server
Co-Leader, The Way of the Maker - Family style Christian guild.

Aurbere
03.22.2013 , 09:35 PM | #2
I would like to know what is going to happen to the lore of the Star Wars Universe. Though this will no doubt be addressed by Leland Chee.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Ventessel
03.22.2013 , 09:37 PM | #3
I don't think they completely know themselves. It's a lot to digest for the company, and they're probably still sorting through all the content and projects underway to determine where they want to take things.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

TheBBP
03.23.2013 , 04:49 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
I don't think they completely know themselves. It's a lot to digest for the company, and they're probably still sorting through all the content and projects underway to determine where they want to take things.
I think that they do indeed have a plan which is why they have been making moves. Multi-billion dollar corporations do not make moves like this without a plan. I think that they are going full-steam ahead in ushering this new era of Star Wars in. I just think that they owe it to us to at least say that.

Ventessel
03.23.2013 , 05:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I think that they do indeed have a plan which is why they have been making moves. Multi-billion dollar corporations do not make moves like this without a plan. I think that they are going full-steam ahead in ushering this new era of Star Wars in. I just think that they owe it to us to at least say that.
Well, everyone knows that. I don't really see the need for Disney to say anything aside from announcing the movies. Everything else is secondary to that main effort, and will probably take some time for Disney to sort out.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Enteum
03.23.2013 , 06:02 PM | #6
To be honest I am quite faithful that Disney will do their part on bringing about this series after the mess that was Episode I II and III. They know folks, I'm sure they do.

TheBBP
03.23.2013 , 09:37 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Enteum View Post
To be honest I am quite faithful that Disney will do their part on bringing about this series after the mess that was Episode I II and III. They know folks, I'm sure they do.
Don't let my want for a public explanation be misconstrued as a lack of faith. I am full-on excited to see what they do. I just think that they should publicly address what is going on.

Wolfninjajedi
03.23.2013 , 09:54 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Enteum View Post
To be honest I am quite faithful that Disney will do their part on bringing about this series after the mess that was Episode I II and III which is all just opinion of some folks. They know folks, I'm sure they do.
Fixed that for you, news flash...not everyone thinks the PT is bad..get over it, its all opinion in the end, it isn't fact so deal with it.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Ventessel
03.24.2013 , 01:12 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Fixed that for you, news flash...not everyone thinks the PT is bad..get over it, its all opinion in the end, it isn't fact so deal with it.
It's not so much that the PT was bad so much that it was sloppily executed and the result was so.... average. The potential existed for such an epic story, and what we got was something much more muddled and unclear.

Lucas' original vision (that he expressed in interviews and early drafts of the stories back in the late seventies) would have given us a sweeping drama of political maneuverings and warfare centered around Obi-Wan Kenobi. The actual result was just so disconnected and ... disappointing.

However, the visuals were spectacular and the lightsaber fights were brilliantly choreographed. But that's not enough, as Lucas himself said way back in the day, "A special effect without a story is boring". And that's what I was when I watched the films, bored. If it wasn't for John Williams' incredible scoring, I would not have felt any emotions whatsoever during those films.

Jacen_Starsolo
03.24.2013 , 12:55 PM | #10
Disney owes you all nothing. They now own the IP and can do with it as they please. Just like BW does with this game.