Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are you prepared for 2.0? You still have 2 weeks to roll a sniper/slinger

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Are you prepared for 2.0? You still have 2 weeks to roll a sniper/slinger

IndoJabijin
03.23.2013 , 02:37 PM | #11
Groups with more than 2 snipers/slingers are seriously gimping themselves. As great as they are, their primary role in every WZ is are denial and not doing the actual objective. I have faced off against teams of snipers in HB to have them lose because they don't play the objective. Having one or two is good enough. But having 2 smashers or another combo is way better.

ShadowMudkip
03.23.2013 , 02:57 PM | #12
I have to say, that was very fun to read, because it didnt make any sense. I like your "ranged carnage marauder" term. I play a vengeance jugg as ONE of my mains (im an altoholic), so its a challenge for me to pvp, which is awesome. Bioware, after 2.0 dont buff juggs any longer. We, the minority of veng. juggs, like a challenge. Anyways, nice thread.
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Mairick-Assassin Mylius-Sorcerer
Kaidin-Mercenary

TheCourier-
03.23.2013 , 03:17 PM | #13
WZs already have multiple snipers. Once 2.0 is live, instead of 2 snipers per team, there will probably be 4 snipers per team. I actually see almost as many snipers per WZ as rage spec on live. Sniper literally has almost no counter on the PTS other than maybe 2 classes, one of which is jedi shadow tank specced, which isn't a real counter in WZs, since the reason a tank jedi shadow kills snipers reliably is because of outlasting the sniper, which is assuming that a medic isn't nearby.

BTW, as I've said before, scrapper scoundrel isn't a counter to any class in SWTOR other than maybe medic sages and operatives. So, the "snipers are weak to stealth offense specs" argument doesn't work.
Multiple characters on Pot5

Haystak
03.23.2013 , 03:32 PM | #14
Been destroying tons of sniper on my scrapper. I guess I need to find some better snipers then.
Airwolf -55-Scoundrel
Mcrose -55-Shadow
Makros -55-Marauder
Mac-Ros -55-Vangaurd

WaldoA
03.23.2013 , 04:43 PM | #15
Got my Sniper fully augmented in WH about a week before the tree changes were leeked, seen everyone rolling Sniper and now the class is boring.

People rolling FoTM make me facepalm. Choose a class and play it, stop trying to be the best and enjoy the game.

Sokee
03.23.2013 , 04:50 PM | #16
[QUOTE=
BTW, as I've said before, scrapper scoundrel isn't a counter to any class in SWTOR other than maybe medic sages and operatives. So, the "snipers are weak to stealth offense specs" argument doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

So there not a counter to any class... except all three healing classes and snipers/gs.
So any class turned into four.

MarkXXIV
03.23.2013 , 05:03 PM | #17
are snipers really that good after 2.0? hows a carnage marauders dmg compare to a snipers? If sniper do alot more dps I might switch to sniper after I finish my marauders chapter 2. sniper is pretty fun.

Ugolino
03.23.2013 , 05:10 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowMudkip View Post
I have to say, that was very fun to read, because it didnt make any sense. I like your "ranged carnage marauder" term. I play a vengeance jugg as ONE of my mains (im an altoholic), so its a challenge for me to pvp, which is awesome. Bioware, after 2.0 dont buff juggs any longer. We, the minority of veng. juggs, like a challenge. Anyways, nice thread.
Speak for yourself, as a 1.7 Vengeance, it's about time we get some love.

WaldoA
03.23.2013 , 05:12 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkXXIV View Post
are snipers really that good after 2.0? hows a carnage marauders dmg compare to a snipers? If sniper do alot more dps I might switch to sniper after I finish my marauders chapter 2. sniper is pretty fun.
It's not all that better in my opinion, people just look down the list of parses for the highest parse then go roll that class to fuel their egos when they get highest numbers.

yawn

TheCourier-
03.23.2013 , 07:37 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Sokee View Post
So there not a counter to any class... except all three healing classes and snipers/gs.
So any class turned into four.
Scrapper scoundrels aren't counters to snipers on 2.0. Go play a scrapper scoundrel, and you will maybe see how broke scrapper scoundrel is.
Multiple characters on Pot5