Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get ready for new Double XP weekends!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Get ready for new Double XP weekends!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VigDiath
03.18.2013 , 11:30 AM | #221
Took this opportunity to power level my Bounty Hunter from 23 where he had been languishing for a few months to 39 within 3 days (decided to start early on Thursday and was sick most of Sunday).

Will be leveling my Sentinel next from at least 23-40 and my Hunter the rest of the way to 50 this week.

Thanks BW for the XP weekends!!
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

MixanFaith
03.22.2013 , 12:48 PM | #222
I leveled my shadow from r37 to r50 during one day and gonna level my r36 operative this weekend. very good

AnnaEliz
03.23.2013 , 02:35 PM | #223
As someone who decided to resub yesterday, I'm very disappointed that I'm literally outleveling everything. I haven't seen a yellow quest in over 10 levels. In the future add a way to opt out. I can understand vets wanting this but as someone who's returning and wanting to actually experience the content you all worked so hard on... please offer this as an option. Thank you.
Founder of the Old Republic

Rafaman
03.23.2013 , 02:43 PM | #224
Ding... another 50. Love this double xp weekend. I now have seen all the stories and it has been an awesome ride. A little tip for those that want to maintain a decent level of difficulty. Don't grind gear. Use greens and whatever you find, and stay under leveled gear wise. You will find that you will make a mint in comms and creds. And... skip the bonus series unless you absolutely need to see the content.

This last toon, I ran only class quests and flahpoints and it was a blast!

Kameki
03.23.2013 , 02:44 PM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEliz View Post
As someone who decided to resub yesterday, I'm very disappointed that I'm literally outleveling everything. I haven't seen a yellow quest in over 10 levels. In the future add a way to opt out. I can understand vets wanting this but as someone who's returning and wanting to actually experience the content you all worked so hard on... please offer this as an option. Thank you.
In fact, I am deliberately not leveling my main character too much, and focus on getting some classes I want to try out in the future to lvl 10ish.

Still, I believe it is a very well-received event.
Suiko 推古 Legacy
掃仔 Souzai - Human Sith Assassin
主仔 Shuzai - Human Sith Sorcerer

Sorei
03.23.2013 , 02:51 PM | #226
This weekend I'll probably get my sniper to 50. Maybe I'll also get my Juggernaut close to 50. I really love those exp weekends.

DarthObelisk
03.23.2013 , 07:02 PM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEliz View Post
Just because its double xp doesn't mean you have to skip missions just because they are under your level. Ive done whole planet missions at lvl 50 just because i didn't want to work on them when i was leveling at the time. You can go at what ever pace you want. Just because the mission is a little easier doesn't mean you don't have to do it
Jedi Sentinel 55 Jedi Consular 55 Jedi Shadow 55
Imperial Agent 55 Sith Assassin 55 Sith Sorcerer 55
Sith Warrior 50
Mercenary 55

Liwilliams
03.23.2013 , 07:06 PM | #228
I'm loving double xp weekends, even though I cannot play often. Thank you for this little booster.

If I did have one tiny suggestion, it's hard to level and actually keep up with the costs of levels, haha. I'm new to star wars, and I'm excited to have a toon that will be on the same level once the xpac comes out. I am constantly working on my crew skills and selling as much as I possibly can, but I'm barely sc****** by getting enough money to train.

Regardless, thank you thank you thank you! It's been fun and I've enjoyed coming back so much.

AnnaEliz
03.23.2013 , 07:29 PM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthObelisk View Post
Just because its double xp doesn't mean you have to skip missions just because they are under your level. Ive done whole planet missions at lvl 50 just because i didn't want to work on them when i was leveling at the time. You can go at what ever pace you want. Just because the mission is a little easier doesn't mean you don't have to do it
I understand that... I like doing things at the level they're intended for. But, I'm chugging along anyway. Just feels REALLY weird. I'm used to a slight challenge throughout the leveling process.
Founder of the Old Republic

AussieAlan
03.24.2013 , 12:34 AM | #230
I love it, and being over powered does not bother me, I wish it was all the time so I can solo 2+ heroics instead of spending 10-20mins trying to find someone to do one with.
Of course I would much rather EA got off they lazy worthless backsides and merged the APAC servers instead of always double xp.