Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Strategies

badkratos
03.22.2013 , 08:25 AM | #1
I have a question regarding pvp strategies.

Lets say that 2 stealth players are going for node (alderan, novara) which is guarder by two players also (lets say X and (Z).

so the strategy they should cc (X), and focus both of them on (Z)
but if (X) breaks cc and starts attack one stealth player, the one should ignore it and still both shoudl attack (Z) or should start fights with (X)

or maybe from the beggining each of them should attack diffrent character

MarcusShinn
03.22.2013 , 12:38 PM | #2
Hmmm.. Wel i personlaly think that it all depends on the situation. A two on two battle at a node is hardly ever just a two on two battle since the moment X gets stunned both will probebly report this to the Ops group. This will without a doubt couse team members to come running to backup X and Z. So what yu dealing with is a race against the clock.

Are the stealths strong enough to take down both X and Z before backup arrives, also what sort of classes are both stealth's (lets call em S1 and S2) fighting. Most cases X and Z are a medic and dps combination, which means that unless you are able to keep the healer cc locked, there is a very decent chance that both X and Z will last long enough for backup to arrive and thus counter the stealth grab of the node.

So lets have a look at this more closely now. S1 and S2 sneak up to X and Z. X should always be the support character and should be stun locked so that S1 and S2 can quickly gank Z, which in most cases would be the dps character. Best way to tackle this i think would be to let the weaker stealth (lets call him S1) initiate the CC on X (the support class) while the stronger S2 goes for Z (the dps). Once X is stunned S1 should join S2 to take down Z as soon as possible. The way i see it S2 should not open his fight with Z by stunning him but save his CC for X in case X breaks the CC prematurely. If X breaks the CC, S2 should immediately try to CC X again and turn back to Z. Once Z is pushing up daisy's both S1 and S2 could then pounce on X to finish the job. That is if there's not yet other team members of X and Z joining the fight.

I think if you really want to have a good chance of nabbing the node fast that you may need a group of 3 stealth's, like a pack. Move in, mark the kill, pounce, then return to stealth as a pack and mark next kill. Hehe reminds me of the warg packs in Lotro that. anyway hopes this helps.

Banderal
03.22.2013 , 01:01 PM | #3
How about this... (not claiming I'm any kind of a strategy expert - just something I thought of). What if S1 opens up with a stun/attack/whatever you want, and S2 stays in stealth. Then X & Z (or was it X & Y? anyway) will start both focusing on S1. If S1 has the tools to stay alive a while (say a shadow tank), S1 tries to draw them off the node, or at least face them away from the turret. Now X & Z are surely not expecting a second stealth to be lurking in the wings not joining in the fight (are they?), so they are paying little attention to the node. S2 sneaks back there and caps while their attention is diverted?

Yes, I know that depends on X & Z not paying attention. Probably wouldn't work too well against the proverbial "premade". Wondering how well that might work against a PUG.

PhilD
03.22.2013 , 01:06 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MarcusShinn View Post
This will without a doubt couse team members to come running to backup X and Z.
I'll have what he's having.
The Finglonger Legacy

MarcusShinn
03.22.2013 , 01:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
I'll have what he's having.
XD 'Tosses PhilD a beer'

lordkhouri
03.22.2013 , 01:38 PM | #6
A and B attack X and Z:

-Mezz X, engage Z
-If, or rather WHEN, X breaks, cc again, re-engage Z
-get Z down to excecute range or if Z pops a major defensive CD, disengage, CC, engage X
-when both get down to execute range, finish off both enemies at the same time.
-cap the node
Brobi- Pot5 - <Hostile Takeover>
http://www.twitch.tv/brobi1

WaldoA
03.22.2013 , 01:47 PM | #7
Peronsally, if I was the stealth and the other stealth was someone I knew and I'm on TS with them, we would mezz X, start combat with Z, if X breaks stun we'd vanish and re-mezz and continue to fight Z again. Else I'd mezz X and let my friend attack Z, and hope to mezz X again if he/she breaks it before they enter combat.