Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 and pve gearing

lironBD
03.22.2013 , 04:14 AM | #1
so on 2.0 for those on pts or may know...

I understand our normal gear right now is removed and we get new sets.

right now on level 50 you get full tionease set and can get rakata implants\earpiece from dailies + dread guard relic from dailies as well.
considering legacy bound gear I can transfer to my fresh alt gear from my other characters as well and Black hole mods.

so on 2.0 what's going on with the rakata and dread guard from daily token merchant?

which set u get on level 50 or do you get new set on level 55?

should I level to 50 or stop at 49.9 and level to 55 my alt when 2.0 comes out?

what is the consensus on pve gearing for 2.0 ?
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

Lightning_
03.22.2013 , 06:06 AM | #2
1. All your gear except maybe Dread Guard will be obsolete at lvl55
2. There are no free sets at lvl55, only the greens/blues you get from Makeb questing
3. You'll have to grind all PvE gear anew after getting 55
4. Does not matter if you ding 50 now or not (don't see why you should not)

lironBD
03.22.2013 , 06:48 AM | #3
well that's sucks.

instead of new content we get level upgrade which makes all of our previous achievements obselte...

the sheer pain of re-gearing my toons.. going to stick to one toon from now....
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

mikebevo
03.22.2013 , 11:00 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
instead of new content? We get level upgrade which makes all of our previous achievements obselte...:
What do you mean instead of new content, we get an entire planet worth of content and a new operation. I would defind that a new content.

SixBravo
03.22.2013 , 11:52 AM | #5
Many of us are psyched that the playing field will be even again. I consider this a blessing due to the fact EVERYONE will be active in the new flashpoints and operation. Nothing wrong with being 61/63 when the patch starts, being it will make your life much easier to earn the 5 new levels, I just feel bad for those who are still spending millions on BiS gear at the last minute. Think of it this way, what fun would it be for everyone in the game to all level to 55 together and already have BiS? It's a progressive and evolving game, this will happen again and again

Khevar
03.22.2013 , 11:53 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
well that's sucks.

instead of new content we get level upgrade which makes all of our previous achievements obselte...

the sheer pain of re-gearing my toons.. going to stick to one toon from now....
The only thing you'd need to re-gear for is the new operation and the updated TfB. Even the level 55 HM FPs are doable in optimized DG.

This is similar to what happens every time a new tier of gear is released. It happened with Campaign gear, it happened with Dread Guard gear. It's just more dramatic this time with the Tionese/Columi/Rakata being retired.

Phill
03.22.2013 , 12:19 PM | #7
I found this a bit frustrating as well. I have a fully min/max 63's sorc healer that I took over to the PTS and became disappointed.

I've spent x number of hours, ..grinding to get the best gear in slot. I had all my % perfect..my crit was at 36% my Surge was at 76%, and my alaricty at 9%...spent many hours parsing to make sure I am producing the best numbers for my raid team.

When I took my sorc over to the PTS my crit buffed was 18%, my surge was at 64% and my alarity was something like 3%..if that..

So basically the first boss you fight, the first green that is dropped on the new planet..will be better than the best in slots you have now.

Let the grinding start all over again..oh btw..for those subs that spent hundres of hours gear grinding..this is a big slap in the face as you need to spend $10 to start the process all over again.
"General, surely there must be SOMEBODY left who needs some killing, or some killing done for them."......."Sorry, Major. There's nobody left. You've killed them all. "

Khevar
03.22.2013 , 01:17 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Phill View Post

So basically the first boss you fight, the first green that is dropped on the new planet..will be better than the best in slots you have now.

Oh, so you've been in the Closed PTS and played on Makeb and saw this happen? No?

The sky isn't falling, Chicken Little. Here, read this.

1. Makeb drops Basic Commendations.
2. Basic Commendations purchase starter Level 55 gear, which is only slightly better than Dread Guard.
3. Basic Commendations have a weekly cap.
4. Level 55 HM FPs can be run in BiS Dread Guard (I've actually done this on the PTS).

Your current BiS is likely to last you most (if not all) of the way through to the end of Makeb. Arkanian is the next significant level of gear and it drops from the new end-game.

mikebevo
03.22.2013 , 02:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
The sky isn't falling, Chicken Little. Here, read this.
Now I am depressed. I followed your link to here. . I will soon be playing a endurance heavy sawbones tank by the looks of those stats.

WaldoA
03.22.2013 , 03:04 PM | #10
To think that level 55 greens are going to be better than the likes of BH and campaign (I believe)