Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Palar
03.22.2013 , 06:15 AM | #461
Am I a bad nerd if I saw PAR and thought of golf, rather than Penny Arcade? (I'm getting too old for this 'internet' thing)

Tatile
03.22.2013 , 06:20 AM | #462
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Am I a bad nerd if I saw PAR and thought of golf, rather than Penny Arcade? (I'm getting too old for this 'internet' thing)
No XD I'm sure there are a few people who don't know that Penny Arcade have their own magazine. I didn't for the longest time

They also did a short column on Mr. Hickman's State of the Game 3 and, to their credit, never once touched the Makeb announcement drama, though I do hope that PAR does cover the SGR [Flirt]s and on-going saga at some point, if only because I'm curious about their opinions and if they'd be able to get BW:Austin to talk about something for once.

Palar
03.22.2013 , 07:05 AM | #463
Well, they did know TOR was a thing before it was actually a thing, so if anyone can find out more, you'd think it would be them...

Tatile
03.22.2013 , 07:19 AM | #464
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Well, they did know TOR was a thing before it was actually a thing, so if anyone can find out more, you'd think it would be them...
That's terrifyingly accurate.

Personally I'm a fan of PAR's honesty and I also think that they tend to handle subjects in a less... theatrical manner. Bioware: Austin should totes to do an interview with them *nudge nudge*

Also, another thing BW: Austin should do is address Uluain's big list You know you want to answer Uluain's big list.

Crawelc
03.22.2013 , 07:39 AM | #465
Any link on that state of the game article? I searched the site and couldnt find it.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

SithKoriandr
03.22.2013 , 10:09 AM | #466
Quote: Originally Posted by WeirdnGilly View Post
Don't even bother with the person you are responding to... seriously. It's not worth the mental effort.
You're obviously a nice guy who added a lot to the discussion. Thank you so much. It's nice to see nice guys like you still exist in the world of internet forums.

Tatile
03.22.2013 , 12:26 PM | #467
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
Any link on that state of the game article? I searched the site and couldnt find it.
http://penny-arcade.com/report/artic...-users-since-g

That's about Mr. Hickman's State of the Game #3.

I can't directly link to the equality article because it has a swear in it, but it should be easy to find.

Anglvamp
03.22.2013 , 01:19 PM | #468
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Let's divert this away from "Corso inherently treats you differently if you're a woman" and onto "Why PAR is one of my favourite magazines ever":

Not a Media Trend or PC Bull*****

Yes, it's a straight white male talking about equality, again, but he does it a frank manner that does not attempt to pander to the majority of his readers, but rather approach them as equals and then gives dissenters (like the quoted) a dressing down for letting minor concerns govern their gaming and for not realizing that there are people who are not them that like to play games.

The article itself springs from the comments on a previous article about a new game, Torment, but the article itself is relevant to all games, with examples from recent releases and events.

A little something to get us slightly back on course...o

*They're filtering the link - so I'm directing you to the front page with part of the headline.
Wow, awesome article, thanks for putting that up there for us. Really love the guys over at PA.

I especially enjoyed the part at the end about what other groups have to face, if only more people could consider things like that we'd all be better off.

^.^
NO one said SGR content should be at the top of the priority list, but eventually you have to get to the bottom of the list

Palar
03.22.2013 , 02:17 PM | #469
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Also, another thing BW: Austin should do is address Uluain's big list You know you want to answer Uluain's big list.
Indeed - we never hear anything about our FAQ equivalent to the "Wall of Crazy". Someone should really get on that.

Natecat
03.22.2013 , 06:45 PM | #470
I am personally looking forward to SGR in the game. Video games are a rising source of social media and as such they can have negative or positive influences on people. For me Bioware games provided wonderful influence, in terms of accepting sexualities of all kinds. I love doing hetero and homosexual romances with characters in ME3, particularly with Kaiden. Yes I'm a Kaiden fanboy.